Harrison Smith

o21putt

Bubblegum it is obvious you are depressed/very upset you don't have the opportunities that Harrison has calistars said nothing like that calm down and be happy for Harrison

Hey, I'm very happy for this kid. The thing that gets me is don't let on like your comparing ND to UAB. Remember Tennessee is a fairly established institution with just a shade of tradition itself. This I guess is just bias thinking but I have never been able to understand all the people (sports fans) in Tennessee running around with their ND shirts and caps on. I mean you can root for whoever you wish, but I just wonder how many UT shirts and caps you would find the people in South Bend wearing. I'm die hard UT, so I will always want the best for them. I am not on the kid. Shucks, he was nice enough to have a picture made with my daughter after the UT-FLA game.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith has committed to South Bend Indiana. He says "playing time" was the deciding factor. Well I guess only time will tell. It will be tough breaking in as a safety and being successful next year. I think he was as close to a #1 finish at KCHS as he ever will be. A red shirt year would only make him more successful at the college level. In 2 to 3 years he would have been a homestate hero at UT when he became more seasoned to the speed of the D1 defenses.

It is obvious the talent level is up in Tennessee High School football and Harrison stat wise was only in the top 10 either defense or offence. So perception, a very very friendly local press/media and the Nike camp in athens were the attention getters. Only then did the Irish put him high on the board.

(USA today). Lets all catalog these prophesies and look at them again this time next year. Watch the LSU and Irish game next week------look at talent difference LSU has at every position except quarterback and that is a draw. GO SEC !!!!

Smith has committed to South Bend Indiana. He says "playing time" was the deciding factor. Well I guess only time will tell. It will be tough breaking in as a safety and being successful next year. I think he was as close to a #1 finish at KCHS as he ever will be. A red shirt year would only make him more successful at the college level. In 2 to 3 years he would have been a homestate hero at UT when he became more seasoned to the speed of the D1 defenses.

It is obvious the talent level is up in Tennessee High School football and Harrison stat wise was only in the top 10 either defense or offence. So perception, a very very friendly local press/media and the Nike camp in athens were the attention getters. Only then did the Irish put him high on the board.

(USA today). Lets all catalog these prophesies and look at them again this time next year. Watch the LSU and Irish game next week------look at talent difference LSU has at every position except quarterback and that is a draw. GO SEC !!!!

PTM, I totally agree.

Notre Dame has had Harrison pretty high on their radar since his junior year. It's not like they jumped on the band wagon after the Nike camp this summer or after this season. They even attended several basketball practices last year in addition to coming to the football games. You may be giving the local press a little more credit than they deserve in him being recognized. LSU will be much stronger than ND next week. They may be the most talented team in the SEC. He was moved by the bonfire the night before the Penn State game that was attended by almost the entire student body in addition to a great atmosphere. I'm a former UT player so don't lecture me about tradition and academics. He also didn't want to be turned into a LB which UT would have probably tried to do. He's a solid 205 right now and not your typical kid that could put on 30-40 lbs with a good weight program. He's worked with one of the top trainers in the country for 4-5 years. And....I didn't say he will play because he's white-I asked if UT has had a white DB play since Jason Julian. I would have loved to see him at UT but I see all the benefits in going to ND.

Californiastars, you are right on the money. I would be ashamed of a degree from UT. Secondly, the UT campus and football facility can no way compare with Notre Dame. A mere 107,000 to play in front of every Saturday at "UGLY" Neyland Stadium. Hey, there is no way the Vols can compare with ND. And lastly, there is absolutely no tradition at UT. They have always kind of been like a Boston College or Michigan St. when it comes to tradition as well as not putting many players in the NFL. I really can't see how UT could compare to ND in any shape, form, or fashion. Oh, I almost forgot their basketball team and facility is far above UT's as well. No recruits out there should ever make the mistake of choosing UT over ND.

Oh come on, I never said things like that bubblegum. I go to UT, I love the school. And you can't say those sorts of things about BC and MSU. They have done amazing things, such as Doug Flutie's Hail Mary against Miami, and the '66 10-10 tie between ND and MSU which many sports experts rank as the best game of all time. You don't have to be irked, and like you said in an earlier post, you are extremely biased. I just wanted to wish Harrison good luck, that's all. Merry Christmas everyone!

Old Pirate says their are several teams in the SEC that are better than ND including Tenn. Old Pirate's WAR EAGLE ARE BETTER ALSO.

Notre Dame beat UT last year and they would have again this year. I wasn't comparing other teams in the sec to notre dame just UT. The only thing UT has the Notre Dame does not is a more recent national championship.

:o I agree on wishing Smith Happy Trails! As to Catholic they are desperatly trying to go back to D2. They just turned the paperwork in too late this past round. They are destined for 4A if they do not in 2 years. I think it would better serve Catholic program and their players of the future to stay in this region of play. They got on the map by playing the better 3A schools. The best 2 games I have seen in 05 and 06: Fulton vs. KC in the play offs.

Not sure who your source is PTMUPS, but Knox Catholic just moved to Division I last year and I haven't heard anything about an institutional desire to go back to DII unless forced to by a total TSSAA public/private split. The student body is already at or near the max for the school and it will be years before the population increases if more classrooms are built.

As for Harrison, Congratulations! You had a no lose choice between the Vols and the Irish. The hard part was getting the choice made. Now, enjoy your senior year. :o

Oh come on, I never said things like that bubblegum. I go to UT, I love the school. And you can't say those sorts of things about BC and MSU. They have done amazing things, such as Doug Flutie's Hail Mary against Miami, and the '66 10-10 tie between ND and MSU which many sports experts rank as the best game of all time. You don't have to be irked, and like you said in an earlier post, you are extremely biased. I just wanted to wish Harrison good luck, that's all. Merry Christmas everyone!

I meant nothing personal against BC or Mich. St. They were just 2 teams who happened to come to mind. I could have just as easily said Wichita St. or Baylor but I bet one of if not both of those teams probably played a classic against NDame somewhere in the past(to hear you tell it). Californiastars, you need to strongly consider a transfer to Notre Dame that is if you have the academic eligibility. GO VOLS.

Lou Holtz gave ND their last championship according the ND website----1988. They have not won a bowl game since 1994. It will be 10 in a row this year. ND is 75-46 since 1997. (60%) Their BCS bowl appearance is based on ranking not a conference championship.

Old Pirate says GOOD JOB on the post. Your post really makes it obvious ND is not better.