Shelbyville vs. Lexington Catholic

basketballfan2003

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Let's see here. Shelbyville is playing for third after falling to the number 3 nationally ranked team while Wilson Central got defeated early and will play for SEVENTH. They were down double digits at the half and almost got beat again by Memphis Briarcrest. All I am saying is don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house. Shelbyville may have lost a game but they have represented the area well. Look forward to the Shelbyville-Wilson Central rematch at Shelbyville in the next week or so. Maybe you should go to that game and meet FlatCreekJim in person. Bring your mom too. :blink:

hmmmmmmm.. lets see Mt. Juliet goes to KY and plays Catholic on the road and loses just 79-71. what does this tell us?

I think if Hall hadn't got hurt and out for the season Lady Bears would have been a force to be reckoned with. They will still make some noise but LOOK OUT next year.

I will say this. Every TN team that has played Lexington Catholic has had opportunity to win including MJ, Shelbyville, and Greeneville. That shows that TN basketball can play with those types of teams.

As for WC, they won 58-55 over Briarcrest after being down 27-17 at the half. Jenkins had 19 and Christopher had 20. Christopher had to hit three's to get them out of the hole. Ole' Bud got a good scare today. They play Sevier County for seventh place on Sat.

I will say this. Every TN team that has played Lexington Catholic has had opportunity to win including MJ, Shelbyville, and Greeneville. That shows that TN basketball can play with those types of teams.

As for WC, they won 58-55 over Briarcrest after being down 27-17 at the half. Jenkins had 19 and Christopher had 20. Christopher had to hit three's to get them out of the hole. Ole' Bud got a good scare today. They play Sevier County for seventh place on Sat.

Lets just say this.... ALL GOOD TEAMS find a way to WIN

Maybe they don't look pretty but they get the "W" and thats all that counts.

I will agree with you about Tennessee Girls High School Basketball can compete with anyone.

I believe Wilson Central will be playing Greeneville for 5th. Place tomorrow.

Better check your Brackets

btw Mt. Juliet hosts Wilson Central Friday Jan. 12. When do you think the gym will be full? I'd say about an hour before the game starts. This is the "BEST" rivalary in Girls Basketball in the STATE of TENNESSEE

I will agree with you about Tennessee Girls High School Basketball can compete with anyone.

btw Mt. Juliet hosts Wilson Central Friday Jan. 12. When do you think the gym will be full? I'd say about an hour before the game starts. This is the "BEST" rivalary in Girls Basketball in the STATE of TENNESSEE

Good teams find ways to win?? Then why didn't your MJ team beat them? Must not be a "good team". Shelbyville and MJ share a loss to one of the top teams in KY and MJ may share Shelbyville's other loss against Wilson Central soon when district play begins.

You are correct. WC plays for fifth.

Get a life. Shelbyville comes home losers. No matter how many touches she gets. Your a past dreamer of what sheolbyville once had.

They lose by 23

Ahhhh, you are still alive. :lol: Now BBWizard are you going to become one of those Shelbyville haters who only post when they lose? :o Just to remind you, we didn't lose by 23. Thats what your girls lost to us by, no wait that was 26 points. This is too easy. :thumb:

Great job SCHS! Bring home the 3rd place tonight with a victory over Maryville! :lol:

Edited by FlatCreekJim

You can say that again. Undoubtly that game brings out raw competition regardless of what record the teams bring in. You can cut the atmosphere with a knife 30 minutes before tip off. I think the concession stands have competition to see who sells the most..lol.

Shelbyville should be thankfull they avoided WEBB- they don't have the police on their side in this county!

No, Shelbyville placed third today at Greeneville, but every team that played Webb said that the officials let Gloria do as she please and if someone on the other team did something it was a foul. I will say this. She is a great player, but she gets a LOT of help with officials letting her get way to physical with others. So much that someone could get injured.