Shelbyville vs. Lexington Catholic

basketballfan2003

Her parents moved to Nashville sometime during her middle school years and I guess they felt Webb was the best choice for Glory.

Now, to add my 2 cents to the ongoing conversation regarding Glory...... I must say that I think it is absolutely ridiculous that adults would get on this message board and talk about this young lady this way. :) She is someone's child and I am sure if you were her parent you would not appreciate some of the comments that are being made about her. What exactly do you think it will accomplish by doing this? :lol: At the end of the day she is still a child, no matter how tall or aggressive she may be. She is definitely not the "monster" people are portraying her to be. Just think how she would feel if she were to come on this message board and read these remarks that are being made about her by adults. I definitely don't think it would build her self-confidence. Please think, before you post hurtful comments about these young ladies. :lol:

I have seen Glory play as well as others her size and they tend to play a little more aggressively because it gets really physical down low. Players are taught very early to chin the ball to prevent the defensive player from reaching in to take it away from them and every now and then, the defensive player catches one of those elbows. I am not saying that this is right, but the game of basketball has evolved from a noncontact sport of the old days to a much more aggressive contact sport. Anyway, these are just my thoughts on the subtopic of the original topic. :o

Webb is not in Nashville.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, to add my 2 cents to the ongoing conversation regarding Glory...... I must say that I think it is absolutely ridiculous that adults would get on this message board and talk about this young lady this way. :) She is someone's child and I am sure if you were her parent you would not appreciate some of the comments that are being made about her. What exactly do you think it will accomplish by doing this? :lol: At the end of the day she is still a child, no matter how tall or aggressive she may be. She is definitely not the "monster" people are portraying her to be. Just think how she would feel if she were to come on this message board and read these remarks that are being made about her by adults. I definitely don't think it would build her self-confidence. Please think, before you post hurtful comments about these young ladies. :lol:

I have seen Glory play as well as others her size and they tend to play a little more aggressively because it gets really physical down low. Players are taught very early to chin the ball to prevent the defensive player from reaching in to take it away from them and every now and then, the defensive player catches one of those elbows. I am not saying that this is right, but the game of basketball has evolved from a noncontact sport of the old days to a much more aggressive contact sport. Anyway, these are just my thoughts on the subtopic of the original topic. :o

I totally agree....

I've re-read all of the posts and I don't think anyone is trying to be hurtful in any way. I'm sure those who have been the recipients of elbows were hurting a lot more...lol. I see several threads on coacht that discuss the performances of various players both by name and in general in the state, and I'm sure any child who got on these boards would see things they agree and disagree with, just as we do. As an example, I recently saw a post of rankings in the Memphis area of teams, listing their strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure it is hurtful when girls see their team mentioned and see comments suggesting they have poor guard play or are weak in the post, when they may actually be those players. I have even seen your child discussed on here. Bottom line is no one that I have seen is crossing the line in this discussion. Glory is a superstar and it is natural to have her being discussed. You see fit to defend this young lady and that is fine. I was merely mentioning incidents I have seen first-hand, and the fact that I have seen it often indicates to me it is not accidental. Just my opinion, not an indictment on the young lady or labeliing her a monster....

Elitebball: You have got to be joking. When a question is asked to give a ranking and your opinion on a team - I see nothing wrong with doing that. Constructive feedback (which is opinion based only) that does not single out any individual or is not malicious is [u]“Nothing”[/u] like going on a public forum and singling out a particular player. If you reference any post I have ever put on this site that specifically mentions a player than it will be positive or I won’t post it. If you ask for opinions about a team…. than it will be constructive and positive – including my team of choice. No team or player is perfect but I would suggest being sensitive to any “child” (and coach) on this website.

Additionally: If I reference a team and say (in my opinion) they have trouble rebounding defensively or they seem to have difficulty making free throws - that doesn’t single out any particular player. You may have an outstanding rebounder and an outstanding free throw shooter but as a TEAM it may need improvement.

I personally try not to insult any young lady on this website because life is bigger than high school basketball and we should be encouraging these youngsters.

Only one I might let have it on this site is the ref :lol: but I think they expect it! LoL.

I've re-read all of the posts and I don't think anyone is trying to be hurtful in any way. I'm sure those who have been the recipients of elbows were hurting a lot more...lol. I see several threads on coacht that discuss the performances of various players both by name and in general in the state, and I'm sure any child who got on these boards would see things they agree and disagree with, just as we do. As an example, I recently saw a post of rankings in the Memphis area of teams, listing their strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure it is hurtful when girls see their team mentioned and see comments suggesting they have poor guard play or are weak in the post, when they may actually be those players. I have even seen your child discussed on here. Bottom line is no one that I have seen is crossing the line in this discussion. Glory is a superstar and it is natural to have her being discussed. You see fit to defend this young lady and that is fine. I was merely mentioning incidents I have seen first-hand, and the fact that I have seen it often indicates to me it is not accidental. Just my opinion, not an indictment on the young lady or labeliing her a monster....

I think you missed the point of my post. My whole point was for people to move on and talk about the actual topic and let the subtopic die. My child, at various points in her basketball career, has been the recipient of catching an elbow or 2 and on 1 occassion was pushed into a wall while in the air for a layup on a fast break and suffered a concussion and missed 1 week from school as a result as this, but I did not label that child as a dirty player or go on a public message board to single that child out. I also think it is more hurtful for a child to see that they personally, not their team, are being talked about in a negative manner. Listing a TEAMS weaknesses in no way compares to labeling a player as being "dirty". If someone that did not know her read this message board, they would not remember all of the good aspects of her game, but the one negative thing people are saying. That is just human nature. This rhetoric is doing her an injustice. Every person, has a strength and a weakness because no one is perfect. :o Children look to adults for guidance and support and we should conduct ourselves as adults and take the high road.

I think you missed the point of my post. My whole point was for people to move on and talk about the actual topic and let the subtopic die. My child, at various points in her basketball career, has been the recipient of catching an elbow or 2 and on 1 occassion was pushed into a wall while in the air for a layup on a fast break and suffered a concussion and missed 1 week from school as a result as this, but I did not label that child as a dirty player or go on a public message board to single that child out. I also think it is more hurtful for a child to see that they personally, not their team, are being talked about in a negative manner. Listing a TEAMS weaknesses in no way compares to labeling a player as being "dirty". If someone that did not know her read this message board, they would not remember all of the good aspects of her game, but the one negative thing people are saying. That is just human nature. This rhetoric is doing her an injustice. Every person, has a strength and a weakness because no one is perfect. :o Children look to adults for guidance and support and we should conduct ourselves as adults and take the high road.

Last word from me. If people are going to be discussed on this board, either by name or in general, then it is natural something negative might be said. People will make their own determinations whether it is based in fact or rhetoric. If it refers to how she plays, then I think that is fair game. You and I disagree on this player, and that is ok. I can direct you to countless other posts commenting on players, positive and negative. DUKNOWTHEGAME, my reference to the polls was not to compare the two in terms of what is more hurtful, only to respond to the comment about girls seeing something on the site which is hurtful. Both of you know how to get in touch with me if you want to discuss this further, and I welcome you doing so if you feel the need. How my harmless opinion gets to this point with you I don't quite understand.....

It gets to this point when everyone realizes you have a personal grudge against a young girl to the extent that you would talk negative about her on this forum.

I also have a daughter who has played against Glory. Most of the time she recieved more than she bargained for when she challenged her. However, even she is smart enough to realize that the difference in size and athletic ability is the biggest reason (not dirty play) she gets more than she dishes out!!! Basketball has become very physical and not every player will have what it takes to play D1. My daughter feels fortunate that she will one day be able to say...I know Glory I played AAU with/against her!

It gets to this point when everyone realizes you have a personal grudge against a young girl to the extent that you would talk negative about her on this forum.

I also have a daughter who has played against Glory. Most of the time she recieved more than she bargained for when she challenged her. However, even she is smart enough to realize that the difference in size and athletic ability is the biggest reason (not dirty play) she gets more than she dishes out!!! Basketball has become very physical and not every player will have what it takes to play D1. My daughter feels fortunate that she will one day be able to say...I know Glory I played AAU with/against her!

Nope, no grudge. I didn"t start the conversation. Only commented on what I have seen. The things I have seen did not have anything to do with size or ability of any of the players. I have been very complimentary of her abilities as well. Sorry if you or others took offense.

Edited by elitebball

Glory is the best player in the State. It does not matter if she does all this stuff as long as a ref does not call it. That what matters. If it called its a foul if not its not.

Shelbyville lost this game because they where scared to play Webb. I guess my friends where right the Insell boy got to see Shelbyville lose.

Webb won the tournament that is it