Mid-State poll by The Tennessean?

jamieroper

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tennessean poll always includes only teams that are within about a 40-50 mile radius of Nashville. I have noticed this before.

Let's face it. The Tennessean is in the business of making money. How many Tennesseans are purchased in Summertown? I would guess less than 50. If every household in town started subscribing to the Tennessean, then voila, Summertown would be in the top 5!

Realistically, I would put them at #9, ahead of Clarkrange, and Stone Mountain would drop out of the top 10.

Let's face it. The Tennessean is in the business of making money. How many Tennesseans are purchased in Summertown? I would guess less than 50. If every household in town started subscribing to the Tennessean, then voila, Summertown would be in the top 5!

Realistically, I would put them at #9, ahead of Clarkrange, and Stone Mountain would drop out of the top 10.

I think that is Stone Memorial.

Excellent point!!!! :angry:

The Tennessean lists teams that are primarily close to Nashville. Since Nashville no longer has a local paper (I miss The Banner), the Tennessean is the ONLY paper for Nashville residents and some of the surrounding counties. The list is labeled Mid-State, but I think it is a little less extensive than the name implies.

True... Summertown beat Lipscomb in a Hall of Fame Game, but Lipscomb beat Riverdale in a Play Day and lost to Shelbyville by one point (also in a Play Day). It is hard to determine a win is a win vs. a loss is a loss... I agree, something consistent needs to be in place. The Summertown loss is reflected in Lipscomb's record in the Tennessean. BTW - Summertown is an incredible team, and if they are in the area labeled 'mid state' they should be in the top five.

Here you go, this should make everybody feel better? :rolleyes:

1/1/2007 USA Today Preps Tennessee Top 10 (Women)

1. Shelbyville

2. Riverdale

3. Wilson Central

4. Mt Juliet

5. Cleveland

6. Knoxville Webb

7. Smyrna

8. Upperman

9. Obion County

10. Heritage

Note: 3 teams from 9AAA!

Oh, and by the way WC...USA Today has you down for two losses! <_<