11-AAA

CHS 2007

Point taken.

I still think his points are a little too biased to be taken seriously.

Everyone in Franklin is looking forward to the Indy game. Maybe Indy will step up and make it a great game. My point about Indys bench was not that they dont have good players on the bench just that they dont seem to play very much. Indy seems to rely on 6 or 7 kids. This will help Franklin because we usually play 10 or 12. Both of Indys guards are good the Farris kids impresses me more each time I see him play. If both guards have great games and the big kid stays on the court out of foul trouble maybe Indy can make it interesting. I am still picking Franklin by 15.

Edited by HSbballfan21

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone in Franklin is looking forward to the Indy game. Maybe Indy will step up and make it a great game. My point about Indys bench was not that they dont have good players on the bench just that they dont seem to play very much. Indy seems to rely on 6 or 7 kids. This will help Franklin because we usually play 10 or 12. Both of Indys guards are good the Farris kids impresses me more each time I see him play. If both guards have great games and the big kid stays on the court out of foul trouble maybe Indy can make it interesting. I am still picking Franklin by 15.

I think Indy will step up and make it a pretty good game. As far as the bench goes, I agree most of them don't seem to play very much. I know many of those boys and know exactly what they are capable of. I hear it's a case of favortism.

I do think it will hurt Indy in the long run. The Farris kid I have to differ with you on. I would say the Ray or Burgette kid are much more impressive. You have to be able to look up when dribbling, keep your turnovers to a minimum and leave out alot of the sliding,falling,showboating-that's not impressive. I think the coach may bring in some surprises,such as, Blake Carden. I heard he used him the other night. We all know if he's anything like his big brother(who ruled at CHS)--that's impressive! So, Franklin by 12-15.

Farris is a good kid from what I hear, but is not a good ball handler. Many times seems to be out of control when he has the ball. The hand clapping, and hitting the floor "stuff" is due to misoppurtunities.

I think some of Indy's best defenders come off of the bench. They need to show up in this game for sure. We will see...........

Are any of you for real????

Talent on most of these teams is about the same overall. It is all about coaching and that is why Franklin is heads above all the rest. The Franklin coach could take Indy, Hillsboro, Brentwood or Centenial to the number one spot in 11-AAA.

Hillsboro should be number one but I have no clue what is up with them.

Franklin will finish first and the rest will fight it out for all the other spots.

Indy only has a chance because their coach is better than all of the other coaches. Indy is not even in the same league as Franklin because of coaching.

Drew Kelly is a great player but will never be a Brandon Wright. Would be a better player today if his Dad was not the coach. If Centennial knew how to switch between a 1-3-1 and 2-1-2 and 3-2 defense they would be undefeated this year. They cannot play man-to-man, including Drew.

Brentwood is so up and down you never know which team is playing on any given night.

Should be a fun second half, since on any given night most teams have a shot at winning. Franklin will finish first but may slip up some night and let some hot team beat them. Even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in a while.

All IMO and for fun since basketball is a game and very few of these players will go very far with basketball after high school. Boys make sure you study and get good jobs. LOL

Franklin is far and away the best team in 11-AAA but Kelly is far and away the best player in 11-AAA too, it makes no difference who coaches him. Most players in the USA are not as good as Brandan Wright, I do not think that is a slap especially of a young man that is a 10th grader. What is your point?

independance better play better than they did tonight. i went to see them play and was not impressed. they went to overtime with hillwood.

True. That was by far the sloppiest game of the season. Hope they can turn it around. It also looked like some new players in the second match between the two. Leading scorer tonight didnt play the 1st game and im not sure but Mike W. either didnt play or didnt score the first match.

Charles Watson 14

Mike Willis 8

Edited by Cubs05SC

independance better play better than they did tonight. i went to see them play and was not impressed. they went to overtime with hillwood.

I second that! I heard about that game and that there were about 15 turnovers in the first few quarters! If everyone thinks the coach is so great----explain that? Where was the rest of the bench That's why Jay Johnson rules, I don't care if he can't compare his knowledge to that of a swiss army knife or claim pro status. His team has depth and he doesn't play favorites! That's why we will run ALL over Indy. We'll see who's a outcoached come Tuesday! Look out INDY!

Yeah Cubs05SC is right...Hillwood got some players (presumably they were academically ineligible for the first semester) and that Watson kid is a player.

You Franklin folk are awful confident but I can't blame you--you've lost three games by a total of nine points to three top ten teams.

I still think this game will be closer than what you guys are predicting, but I am very disheartened at what I saw from my Eagles tonight (sans Luttrell--he played at a D1 level tonight).

So ultimately we'll see. Indy takes on Columbia at Columbia tommorow night (Saturday) in their final tune-up for the Rebels.

Sorry, I misunderstood all the posting about Drew and Brandon.

Drew is a great player and will have a good college run.

I was the one that made the post about Indy's coach. I thought I was in the section talking about the franklin coach. Did not catch my mistake on that till now.

Franklin coach is great, rest are doing the best they can.

Hillwood has added some players that may change the rankings here in the second half. Hillsboro might figure out what is wrong and sneak up in the Tourney.

Brentwood, Centennial and Indy will struggle the second part of the year. Up one game down another, that is why they play them all.

All IMO and for fun

Well I'll tell you what, besides Franklin, the Centennial Cougars may be the hottest team in the district right now. They are really gelling as a team and are really doing a good job limiting their mistakes. The win against LaVergne was probably the biggest win of the year and it has built momentum here in the second half. And personally, I don't know of a single player that is better than Lamont Harris right now. He's dominating both sides of the ball and is making the majority of his shots. Also, Coach Kelly has done a great job of controlling his team. For instance, last night Ravenwood ran an unfamiliar press against Centennial and you can tell they weren't prepared for it. But Coach told his team to settle down and play their own game. Once Centennial settled down, it all clicked from their. I'm not predicting any outcomes or anything like that, but some of these teams coming up (Independence and Brentwood) have a full order to deal with.

Yeah Cubs05SC is right...Hillwood got some players (presumably they were academically ineligible for the first semester) and that Watson kid is a player.

You Franklin folk are awful confident but I can't blame you--you've lost three games by a total of nine points to three top ten teams.

I still think this game will be closer than what you guys are predicting, but I am very disheartened at what I saw from my Eagles tonight (sans Luttrell--he played at a D1 level tonight).

So ultimately we'll see. Indy takes on Columbia at Columbia tommorow night (Saturday) in their final tune-up for the Rebels.

I agree, Franklin folk sure are confident. But I gotta agree with rebelplaya on the coaching. Only because I happen to catch that article about Indy's coach in the city paper. There aren't too many other coaches that would put themself up on a pedal stool like that. Tuesday will prove if he's as good as stated. I'm pulling for ya Indy. I think the rebels are due an off night,maybe Tuesday. Good Luck Indy!