Chris Shiverdecker - Alcoa

DEION

He is a great back and totally destroyed our defense in the playoffs. But Tennessee isn't going to waste a scholarship on someone who is to lazy to do his work in class. He would spend half his years on probation from grades. Maybe with a year in Jr. College, he may wise up and see what the teachers where saying is true. Playing DI isn't all just football!!! You have to make the grades to play. TAKE NOTE ALL HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS WHO ARE LOOKING TO PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL!!!

Tennessee isn't going to waste a scholarship on someonw who is too lazy to do his work in class????? - Didnt they just suspend someone today for not going to class and didnt they have a wr ineligible for the outback bowl for grades? Come on...Tennessee does not have many requirements for being on that team. They have some of the laziest criminals in the country! They may be #25 on athletic ability in the polls, but definately top 5 in breaking the rules!!! LOL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are all of your posts this irrational? UT already has 26 verbal commitments. They only have room for a few more players, and they don't need more RB's. There is a serious need for defensive linemen, wide receivers, and a safety. That's why Chris has not heard much from TN.

Pharmacist,

...and dont need more RB's???? Did you watch football this year? Seems like they need a lot of help at running back! And as far as irrational goes...Did I say anything that wasn't true in my post? Facts are facts!

Tennessee isn't going to waste a scholarship on someonw who is too lazy to do his work in class????? - Didnt they just suspend someone today for not going to class and didnt they have a wr ineligible for the outback bowl for grades? Come on...Tennessee does not have many requirements for being on that team. They have some of the laziest criminals in the country! They may be #25 on athletic ability in the polls, but definately top 5 in breaking the rules!!! LOL

Ummm yeah!!! They didn't make the grade. They didn't play. They atleast made the grade to get in at Tennessee. You have to have a certain GPA before you can be accepted. Not to mention the ACT. Univ. of Tenn isn't the only school that had trouble with students getting into trouble outside of school. Atleast they didn't completely destroy the credablility like Miami did last year. Don't be a hater!!!

UT has 4 verbal commits from running backs plus Kevin Cooper at fullback. Also they are in the running for Lennon Greer who is the 3rd ranked back by rivals. This is probably why UT stopped talking to this guy. They can't give scholarships to everybody. DEION, there are rule breakers at every school in the country and there are also students who fail classes. TN isn't the only school with kids who become academically ineligble.

There are kids at every school that become academic ineligible...I am not saying that. I was responding to a post saying they wouldnt waste a scholarship on him cause he didnt make good grades, which is a ridiculous statement considering the school we are talking about. I am not hating on UT. I know all schools have thier share of kids that get in trouble, but most schools actually discipline thier players instead of suspending them from pre-game warm ups! The thing I was saying about UT is most of thier players that get in trouble are repeat performers! There is a definate lack of discipline at that school and nobody on here can argue there is not. Even look at thier players that go to the nfl...they are constantly in the news for something. No discipline in college and they get used to doing what they want! - And whoever said Shiverdecker could not play for UT does not watch a lot of football.

Spoken like a true Gator fan! :rolleyes:

There are kids at every school that become academic ineligible...I am not saying that. I was responding to a post saying they wouldnt waste a scholarship on him cause he didnt make good grades, which is a ridiculous statement considering the school we are talking about. I am not hating on UT. I know all schools have thier share of kids that get in trouble, but most schools actually discipline thier players instead of suspending them from pre-game warm ups! The thing I was saying about UT is most of thier players that get in trouble are repeat performers! There is a definate lack of discipline at that school and nobody on here can argue there is not. Even look at thier players that go to the nfl...they are constantly in the news for something. No discipline in college and they get used to doing what they want! - And whoever said Shiverdecker could not play for UT does not watch a lot of football.

Does anyone else think that was a ridiculous statement. Would you use a scholarship on someone who can't pass high school grades. I believe the coaches at UT are much smarter than you. By the way, is your name Deion or are you a Deion Sanders fan. If so, didn't he get in trouble himself when he played ball???

This post was about Chris, and towards that end, I would tell you that he has the physical ability to play D1 based on the following:

1. He has great reaction time.

2. He has very quick feet.

3. He has good vision.

4. He has great hands.

5. He has "sprinter" speed without much coaching.

6. He has quick hip/cutting movement.

7. Football smarts. 3 different systems in 3 yrs.

He projects, physically as a Corner. Some folks want to project Rogan as a corner @ UT. He is a natural RB. Shiverdecker is a Corner. Book it. I don't know about his grades, but I do know that kid, if he hits, and I have no reason to believe he won't, is a D1 Corner.

And, get off UT and all the crimminal/academic stuff. Miami, Georgia, Texas, OSU, USC, Michigan, all had players that were either legally or academically in trouble for their bowl games. Even the hallowed and famed golden dome of Notre Dame was tainted by a reefer somking point guard in the last couple of weeks.

ruse?

I agree with you on several points about Chris.

2. He has very quick feet. NO

3. He has good vision.

4. He has great hands.

I just don't think he is major D-1A prospect. As much as I like the kid he just is not in my opinion all that quick.

ruse?

I agree with you on several points about Chris.

2. He has very quick feet. NO

3. He has good vision.

4. He has great hands.

I just don't think he is major D-1A prospect. As much as I like the kid he just is not in my opinion all that quick.

OK Leonard, 5 outta 7. Not a Major D1 but with 118 D1's, perhaps a "mid major" if there is such an animal in football. Also, I do think he has quick feet. He does not however, have good enough stride extension or in some instances, stride frequency. But the explosiveness is there to teach those things through improved technique. He bounces a little too much. Up on his toes and calfs too often. What is amazing about that though is that he is able to maintain his balance as well as he does with that style. More low hurdle work instead of sprint work allowing him to focus on getting his feet down faster would help him.