why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was not even that close. It was 34-7 at halftime. Coffee County has no one on their team that can score. None of them even looked like they wanted to even touch the ball.

The big kid that plays football is an absolute waste of space. The coach should start playing his young kids to get them ready for next year because this year is a lost cause.

Tyler Thornton received minimal playing time last year....and very rarely in clutch situations...he is doing a pretty good job this season but lacks a consistent jump shot to be relied upon each night to reach double-digits ...However, he usually finds ways to make up for nights he isnt' shooting well...hustle, good defense, etc.....I had forgotten about Robert....yes Robert did get quite a bit of playing time last year but he isn't the type of player who will take over the game....he will take advantage of opportunities given to him (ex. wide open 3's, lay-ups, free-throws) but will not single handedly take over the game.....that is something CC is missing this year.

Pedo,

How long has Taylor been coaching the Raiders and what is his records each year?

Pedo,

How long has Taylor been coaching the Raiders and what is his records each year?

This is his ninth season....Records:

1998-99 7-20 Lost in first game of district tourney

1999-00 17-13 fourth in district, Lost in first game of region

2000-01 1-26 Lost in first game of district tourney

2001-02 14-17 fourth in district, lost in first game of region

2002-03 13-20 third in district, Lost in first game of region

2003-04 9-17 lost if first game of district

2004-05 16-16 third in district, lost in first game of region

2005-06 15-16 second in district, lost if first game of region

So far in 2006-07 0-14

This is his ninth season....Records:

1998-99 7-20 Lost in first game of district tourney

1999-00 17-13 fourth in district, Lost in first game of region

2000-01 1-26 Lost in first game of district tourney

2001-02 14-17 fourth in district, lost in first game of region

2002-03 13-20 third in district, Lost in first game of region

2003-04 9-17 lost if first game of district

2004-05 16-16 third in district, lost in first game of region

2005-06 15-16 second in district, lost if first game of region

So far in 2006-07 0-14

well i guess i gotta give old opie some props......i would have left after that 7-20 year. i hate drillin a dry hole.

The game was not even that close. It was 34-7 at halftime. Coffee County has no one on their team that can score. None of them even looked like they wanted to even touch the ball.

The big kid that plays football is an absolute waste of space. The coach should start playing his young kids to get them ready for next year because this year is a lost cause.

I guess you want to get rid of the two seniors and eight juniors and play with all sophmores and one freshman. Would that solve all your problems. we are a very young team and working very hard, the season is far from a lost cause, with eight juniors and five soph i feel they are working towards next year. The big kid you refer too was in double digits the pervious two games, granted he might not be able to play college basketball but he to is working very hard and is improving every game.

I would definitely be working on my team for next year because this year is over for them. One MAYBE two wins and then a first round loss in the district.

And the big kid needs to quit trying to play basketball and concentrate on football (Not that he is a whole lot better at that) since that is the sport he is supposedly going to get a scholarship.