why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

wow.....yea we should do that....and then you know what else they should do....the parents should all write down who they think the starting five should be and put it in the box...and the most popular five will be the starters!!! Great Idea CCCHSLOVER.....yea not really....the parents don't run the program!

well maybe its time they did run the program! couldnt get much worse! as far as a popularity contest is concerned i think we may already have that in the team we have now. i have heard recent statements from 3 basketball officials, 2 former state champion raider players, numerous fans without children, numerous fans with children, other coaches, former raider players, and they ALL express the same opinion......Coffee County Boys Basketball needs a NEW coach. as a sports media writer you should be writing about both your opinion and the opinions of OTHERS. as far as an actual vote by the parents that was not meant literally. I was only expressing the fact that kids are treated differently when a parent stirs up the dust. thats a fact. And maybe when you have a child of your own and you only want whats best for them and their piers then you might just understand. just because YOU like the man as a coach doesnt make it gospel. as far as the players are concerned i wish they couldnt read any of this. only adds more pressure to them. like it was stated earlier i agree that in a job when you dont perform the way your job was intended you are replaced. its time to replace this coach.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know i have had just about all i can take about all of this. I have been reading this sight since it started, and all i hear is a bunch of people who think they know it all. Day in and day out there is something new on here weather its bashing a SCHOOL SYSTEM(talking about high school middle and westwood), a COACH, or the PLAYERS. The young man who plays on this years team made a very good comment, I could see why it would be hard for a player to concentrate on the game that they love when we got a bunch or parents running their mouths. Just let it go everyone, let the boys play and the coaches coach. This sight has gotten out of hand.

this is by far the best post made yet. i absolutley agree with this young man. let it go and play ball.

Edited by ccchslover

Some of this stuff that's been said on here has been true, but most of it is pretty crazy. why won't all of you just open your eyes and look at what this is becoming! All you're doing is criticizing hard-working, dedicated players. We all want to have the perfect team and we all want to see our boys be the best they can be, but sometimes you run into an off year and it makes you start to blame the coach and talk about how bad each boy is playing or that they are a fouling machine?? First of all the whole odd comment of "fouling machine", every team makes fouls and sometimes they make quite a bit of them, but for crying out loud it's part of basketball so get over it! To watch a hard working team get put down by a loss or criticism like this day after day makes me sick! All these guys want to do is play basketball and win, but with all of this talking about how terrible they are isn't helping them at all!! I'm at every game and I can see the determination and love of the game in our guys, but I'm also seeing it slowly drift away from them reading all of these comments. It hurts the parents, the coach, and most importantly the players. I know they're record isn't very great, but who cares let the boys play ball without this stress! I have faith in this team and so should you.

i also agree with you Mrs. Madonna. you and longhorn make great points. lets let the team play ball. enough is enough.

BECAUSE THEY DRINK TOO MUCH COFFEE SO THEREFORE THEY HAVE TO MUCH CAFFEINE IN THEIR SYSTEM BEFORE GAMES

Kind of funny larry bird. Here is another one for you: We have decided that the 1st number to be retired in the history of C.C. basketball is a player from our 14-15 worldbeater team last year. Forget Mark Lynn from the sub-state teams in the 70s. Forget Marcrom, Sain, or Henley from the 93 girls state champions. Forget Allison Peercy who played at Florida State, Forget Jermaine Jackson and Carla Tart. One of Taylor's boys deserves it first.

Why not? The middle schools only have players for two years with the same coach. High school is four year program. If it is the responsiblity of the westwood and middle school coaches to make the high school some players then Taylor needs to send 1/2 his check to both coaches. Is this what you are now saying??? First it was the players now it's the middle and westwood coaches????

No it is both a bad team can't be blammed only on one or the other it has to do with both.

Ya know i have had just about all i can take about all of this. I have been reading this sight since it started, and all i hear is a bunch of people who think they know it all. Day in and day out there is something new on here weather its bashing a SCHOOL SYSTEM(talking about high school middle and westwood), a COACH, or the PLAYERS. The young man who plays on this years team made a very good comment, I could see why it would be hard for a player to concentrate on the game that they love when we got a bunch or parents running their mouths. Just let it go everyone, let the boys play and the coaches coach. This sight has gotten out of hand.

I would have to agree. After reading all the post, it seem to me that the school board member and his wife is where the out of hand part starts. Why would members of the school system write something like that and sign their name? It must have hit a nerve. And no I not going to meet you at the game and have a "gentleman discussion" or line up a cross from a player. So what if someone thinks that Coach Taylor favors your son. Being a member of a board or part of a school system this can't be the first time something has been said. Yes it is my first post and after reading some of Titan 21 and Cricket's post anybody should just sign up and say whatever you want. 5A football fan, the concensus seems to be that it is the player and the coach and you can only change one.

I would have to agree. After reading all the post, it seem to me that the school board member and his wife is where the out of hand part starts. Why would members of the school system write something like that and sign their name? It must have hit a nerve. And no I not going to meet you at the game and have a "gentleman discussion" or line up a cross from a player. So what if someone thinks that Coach Taylor favors your son. Being a member of a board or part of a school system this can't be the first time something has been said. Yes it is my first post and after reading some of Titan 21 and Cricket's post anybody should just sign up and say whatever you want. 5A football fan, the concensus seems to be that it is the player and the coach and you can only change one.

I thought this was an opinion board. Is it not?

I would have to agree. Why don't you try it. Or are you going to ask me my basketball/coaching background like you have everyone else.

No, I really don't care what your background is. My reason for asking was because it seems to me that some people's solution to the problem is to change coaches. Changing coaches does not improve a program that is not blessed with alot of athletes. CC is not a powerhouse.

No, I really don't care what your background is. My reason for asking was because it seems to me that some people's solution to the problem is to change coaches. Changing coaches does not improve a program that is not blessed with alot of athletes. CC is not a powerhouse.

Here we go again. Nobody is asking C.C. to be a powerhouse! The fact is ( I say again) we have one winning season in 9 years. As someone said earlier, we can't change our players so maybe we should look at what we can change. Maybe we are doing as well as we can, but why wouldn't we consider letting someone else try to do better rather than just assuming our kids are terrible? There are some athletes on that team. They may not be pure basketball players, but a good coach can win 10 games with athleticsm.

This is his ninth season....Records:

1998-99 7-20 Lost in first game of district tourney

1999-00 17-13 fourth in district, Lost in first game of region

2000-01 1-26 Lost in first game of district tourney

2001-02 14-17 fourth in district, lost in first game of region

2002-03 13-20 third in district, Lost in first game of region

2003-04 9-17 lost if first game of district

2004-05 16-16 third in district, lost in first game of region

2005-06 15-16 second in district, lost if first game of region

So far in 2006-07 0-14

Cricket have you looked at the record under Taylor? .500 hundred with a player that is having his number retired?(Can someone explain the number deal Please)