why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

Cricket have you looked at the record under Taylor? .500 hundred with a player that is having his number retired?(Can someone explain the number deal Please)

Can you please tell me what does it matter if that number is retired???? It doesnt!!!! The young man who wore it last season is prob the best player to even walk through that school. NO he didnt have the talent around him to go deep in the tourneys like Marcom Henley ect....but he is still more than likley the best!!!!! So can you please inform me? But none of this matters, after all this sight is about this years team right????

Edited by Longhorn33

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of funny larry bird. Here is another one for you: We have decided that the 1st number to be retired in the history of C.C. basketball is a player from our 14-15 worldbeater team last year. Forget Mark Lynn from the sub-state teams in the 70s. Forget Marcrom, Sain, or Henley from the 93 girls state champions. Forget Allison Peercy who played at Florida State, Forget Jermaine Jackson and Carla Tart. One of Taylor's boys deserves it first.

Are you saying it's Taylor's fault that those other greats didn't get their jersey put in the rafters? That's insane Taylor wasn't even around for Lynn, Marcrom, Sain, or Henley, he has nothing to do with the jerseys that go up that don't belong to his players. I'm not saying that those other people don't deserve because they do and their jersey should have been hanging for a long time now. Especially Mark Lynn, I know him, he's a great guy, he donated over $1000 to the team last year for every point Micah scored so I don't think he is holding any grudges. Maybe a ceremony should be held and the raise all of the Coffee County greats into the rafters..But those jerseys not being there now has nothing to do with Taylor.

Can you please tell me what does it matter if that number is retired???? It doesnt!!!! The young man who wore it last season is prob the best player to even walk through that school. NO he didnt have the talent around him to go deep in the tourneys like Marcom Henley ect....but he is still more than likley the best!!!!! So can you please inform me? But none of this matters, after all this sight is about this years team right????

It matters because there are several players who came before him that are deserving if he is. To say he is "more than likely the best " shows how little you have watched over the years. Mark Lynn, by anyone who has been around here for any length of time , was the best C.C. ever produced on the boys side. He is a great guy and you would never hear him say a word about this. Coach Taylor himself played with J. Jackson and probably knows he is just as deserving. Lets dont even go to the girls side. They have a state championship and at least one of these girls (Sarah Marcrom, Allison Sain? do you even know who these girls are?)deserves the same honor. Maybe it is not his place to retire past players jerseys, but he should be more respectful of those players who came before Micah.

Edited by dontusee91

Cricket have you looked at the record under Taylor? .500 hundred with a player that is having his number retired?(Can someone explain the number deal Please)

Yes I have seen the record. Like I said in an earlier post. Everyone wants to win, but if these boys are being coached by a good moral man who is building character and is a good role model that is sometimes more important than how many "w" you have at the end of the season. You should listen to what his players are saying instead of worrying about his record.

Also, what do you care if a jersey is retired. The boy who wore it represented his school and team well. He is an outstanding young man and has made accomplishments that most have not.

Yes I have seen the record. Like I said in an earlier post. Everyone wants to win, but if these boys are being coached by a good moral man who is building character and is a good role model that is sometimes more important than how many "w" you have at the end of the season. You should listen to what his players are saying instead of worrying about his record.

Also, what do you care if a jersey is retired. The boy who wore it represented his school and team well. He is an outstanding young man and has made accomplishments that most have not.

If he is such a good moral man he would not have let the politics in his program.

Edited by hometeamfan

If he is such a good moral man he would not have let the politics in his program.

Do you even go to the games? There are 15 players dressed out, 11 of them have been rotating in and out of the games. You and I don't know what factors help make a coaches decision. We don't know what's been going on in practice, we don't know what the game plan is for the night, we don't know who's hot and who's not, we don't know who's sick, or who's having a problem with a class and missed practice to go for tutoring. All of these reasons and many more go into any coaches game plan not politics.

It matters because there are several players who came before him that are deserving if he is. To say he is "more than likely the best " shows how little you have watched over the years. Mark Lynn, by anyone who has been around here for any length of time , was the best C.C. ever produced on the boys side. He is a great guy and you would never hear him say a word about this. Coach Taylor himself played with J. Jackson and probably knows he is just as deserving. Lets dont even go to the girls side. They have a state championship and at least one of these girls (Sarah Marcrom, Allison Sain? do you even know who these girls are?)deserves the same honor. Maybe it is not his place to retire past players jerseys, but he should be more respectful of those players who came before Micah.

From what I understand...I could have heard this wrong but they are retiring his Jersey...not his number...there is a difference!......And dontusee...yes those other players were great and very deserving of the same honor but to say coach Taylor is being disrespectful to those players is ridiculous. It's not his fault they haven't already taken care of those other players' jersey's......that is your athletic director and administration that need to look into that....and now that they are retiring Micah's then maybe they will get on the ball and take care of the others!

You have know idea what you are talking about. None of you that say politics is involved have a clue what you are saying! So why don't you all just shut up and accept that it is not politics! None of you are there every day when we are busting our butts for our team, coach, school, and community. And Coach Taylor does it even more than us! So quit babbling on about things your not involved with and CLEARLY don't understand. Your not there every day, none of you people are, the only people that are there are the players and the coaches. Last time I checked thats all that matters. BSA Friday night in Winchester Raiders!

Edited by araider

You have know idea what you are talking about. None of you that say politics is involved have a clue what you are saying! So why don't you all just shut up and accept that it is not politics! None of you are there every day when we are busting our butts for our team, coach, school, and community. And Coach Taylor does it even more than us! So quit babbling on about things your not involved with and CLEARLY don't understand. Your not there every day, none of you people are, the only people that are there are the players and the coaches. Last time I checked thats all that matters. BSA Friday night in Winchester Raiders!

yea i agree everything that i read is always an outside opinion about what is going on. some people may believe that politics are involved but really and honestly i believe that it is not. everything that i read is always negative. the players on the team and myself are the only ones who really know what is going on because no one else is out there everyday putting in the hours that we do. everything that is said just degrades the team. i think that people need to realize that what it all comes down to is that all the team hears is how things need to change but if the players were asked then people would see that we believe opposite if what everyone says and that is all that matters. just let us play the game that we love and not have to worry about what is said......this would help. instead of all the negative we never hear any postive except from each other and our coach and that is all the matters. friday night raiders lets play WAO and BSA!!!!

From what I understand...I could have heard this wrong but they are retiring his Jersey...not his number...there is a difference!......And dontusee...yes those other players were great and very deserving of the same honor but to say coach Taylor is being disrespectful to those players is ridiculous. It's not his fault they haven't already taken care of those other players' jersey's......that is your athletic director and administration that need to look into that....and now that they are retiring Micah's then maybe they will get on the ball and take care of the others!

You make some good points Pedo, maybe you could voice some of those in the paper next week. Regardless of what is said on this website, there are people around town who question why this player is being honored in this manner over others who have accomplished just as much. If what you say is true, the A.D. and whoever is principle this week share the blame.

Raider30 and Araider: I commend you for your loyalty and your hard work, but many times the people directly involved are the last to see and understand a programs shortcomings.