Oneida High School

Black Shirts

Id hope they have grown up, they have brought back, what... 9 or 10 starters that were sophomores? something to that effect I believe. That junior class this year should be a pretty hellish group, throw in the sophomore class this year and they may be one of the better oneida teams in a long time.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest benefit the Indians will have is the schedule! Rockwood, Hampton, and Coalfield through the first three weeks is gonna present the Indians with a murderous early stretch, but if they can stay healthy through that bunch they will definitely be tested. Now I'm not predicting anything, but if the Tribe were fortunate enough to win all three of those that will certainly turn a few heads in East Tennessee. 2 out of 3 would also be a feather in their hat, especially if Coalfield is one of the wins. (you can never place enough value in district games) The coaching staff is trying to return the kids to the days when the drive to Oneida was dreaded by almost every opponent. I've heard they've even broke a few whistles. :thumb: IMO that Lambert Defense is going to get even harder to get through because of the quality of the coaches leading it. Lambo, Burch, and Brew should be able to scheme to stop just about anything. The offense appears, at least in the pre-season, to be functioning much better at this point. Wright at OC is a good choice cause he reads the game very well and should keep the opposition quessing. Our speed should be good and it's always hard to tackle what you can't catch! Tory at QB should jack the offense up a bit, especially considering he hasn't even been involved in a scrimmmage yet! (five scores with the 2nd team QB is very encouraging) Whoo! I guess everyone feels that way before they tee it up. What up, P22?!?! Grizz, need any counseling!? :blink:

I think the biggest benefit the Indians will have is the schedule! Rockwood, Hampton, and Coalfield through the first three weeks is gonna present the Indians with a murderous early stretch, but if they can stay healthy through that bunch they will definitely be tested. Now I'm not predicting anything, but if the Tribe were fortunate enough to win all three of those that will certainly turn a few heads in East Tennessee. 2 out of 3 would also be a feather in their hat, especially if Coalfield is one of the wins. (you can never place enough value in district games) The coaching staff is trying to return the kids to the days when the drive to Oneida was dreaded by almost every opponent. I've heard they've even broke a few whistles. :thumb: IMO that Lambert Defense is going to get even harder to get through because of the quality of the coaches leading it. Lambo, Burch, and Brew should be able to scheme to stop just about anything. The offense appears, at least in the pre-season, to be functioning much better at this point. Wright at OC is a good choice cause he reads the game very well and should keep the opposition quessing. Our speed should be good and it's always hard to tackle what you can't catch! Tory at QB should jack the offense up a bit, especially considering he hasn't even been involved in a scrimmmage yet! (five scores with the 2nd team QB is very encouraging) Whoo! I guess everyone feels that way before they tee it up. What up, P22?!?! Grizz, need any counseling!? :blink:

I think you all will have a difficult time beating RW in week 0. You had better take one at a time and not get ahead of yourself. Should be a very good game though.

I agree, IF Oneida could win these 3 first games ,Id be impressed. If they could just play all 3 of them close, it would say some good things for the Indians. They will be the underdogs in all three.

Well.......since the movie is coming out, perhaps this might just be the season to be the UNDERDOG! :thumb: Seriously, Pujo, I agree with you. Rockwood is going to be extremely tough this season....they have been remarkably quiet in Rock-town which tells me they have the goods and don't want a lot of people to know about it. Hampton has kinda move into Cloudlands old turf. They've had the muscle to do so over the past few seasons. Hope the long drive takes a little out of them. Then, Coalfield might be catching the Indians at the right time, as the other two teams could forseeably "soften" up the team. It would surprise me if Coalfield's running game is stronger with Davis now gone, but I'm sure some young pups are ready to get to it. So far Oneida hasn't disappointed in the pre-season...so we hope it carries over!

:blink: Kaz

Well.......since the movie is coming out, perhaps this might just be the season to be the UNDERDOG! :thumb: Seriously, Pujo, I agree with you. Rockwood is going to be extremely tough this season....they have been remarkably quiet in Rock-town which tells me they have the goods and don't want a lot of people to know about it. Hampton has kinda move into Cloudlands old turf. They've had the muscle to do so over the past few seasons. Hope the long drive takes a little out of them. Then, Coalfield might be catching the Indians at the right time, as the other two teams could forseeably "soften" up the team. It would surprise me if Coalfield's running game is stronger with Davis now gone, but I'm sure some young pups are ready to get to it. So far Oneida hasn't disappointed in the pre-season...so we hope it carries over!

:blink: Kaz

One thing for sure Kaz, after these 1st three,they will be battle tested. Two of them don't make a bit of difference, Coalfield is the only one that matters. I think Oneida will be tough as nails and I expect them to have a good season. When you play quality opponents ,it exposes things you need to work on. It will be good for Oneida either way it goes. Good luck.

i'm not so sure that sched. is a benefit. those are going to be some PHYSICAL games. i watched the playoff game at hampton last year, and i must say that was a very impressive soph. bunch from ohs. i hope they can stay injury free early. if so you guys should make region 2 very interesting.

My feeling is any time you play quality opponents you get something out of it.....even if you lose. Pujo had it right....battle-tested. The team should respond because the coaching staff is exceptional. They have all seen quality football being played by teams they represented in the past. There isn't a single reason why they can't leave their "footprints" all over this team. I wouldn't expect any less. Not too long to wait now, huh?!?! P22, are you just hibernating or have you gone into seclusion?

Edited by kazam37

They play Union Co. this friday, should be interesting seeing them play yet another team not in their class division. What I find more ironic is they play the same team 2 weeks in a row, this week @ Union and then next week @ the Clinton jamboree. should be a good chance to see how they can improve in a weeks time?

Union Co. this evening.....might be worth a casual evening drive to see if the boys are filling the bill. I certainly hope so. Is Tory getting reps this week? Are we over our nagging Spring injuries? Is P22 hanging it up? Will this scrimmage go as well as the first one? Have any of the kids caught Coach Brew's Eye? Lambo's playing things low key for the time being.....good idea. He appears to be quite hungry for a return to prominence of this program, hope his kids are, too! Good Luck tonight......lay the wood, boys! :blink:

<_< Kaz

Union Co. this evening.....might be worth a casual evening drive to see if the boys are filling the bill. I certainly hope so. Is Tory getting reps this week? Are we over our nagging Spring injuries? Is P22 hanging it up? Will this scrimmage go as well as the first one? Have any of the kids caught Coach Brew's Eye? Lambo's playing things low key for the time being.....good idea. He appears to be quite hungry for a return to prominence of this program, hope his kids are, too! Good Luck tonight......lay the wood, boys! :blink:

<_< Kaz

Just wait till you come to Rockwood.

<_< Kaz

not gone kaz just watchin things. the tribe looked good last night @ union co. pounding the rock. haven't seen much of the air show yet. but the running game looks good.