Sports during school hours?

Sprawlz

I don't know if I can get much information here, but I have a friend who claims that during the '05-06 season, Ridgeway came to Kingsbury DURING school hours and they wrestled. He states that this event took place during school hours, now I know this is a lie, but I'll need proof to finally shut him up. Coach Bray, if possible, can you tell me what your schedule was (or where i can find Ridgeway's 05'-06' wrestling schedule) for Ridgeway that year?

Or can someone just point me to where I can find that it says athletic events cannot take place during school hours?

Thanks

Clarksville High sent a team to Clarksville-Northeast to wrestle during school hours in the '04-'05 season. I know this is true because I wrestled somebody from NE during said event. Not only a good way to raise money but also a good way to increase awareness of the sport and to get people excited. They were supposed to send a team to wrestle at CHS during school hours, but our principal vetoed the idea at the last second. So, it is possible, and it does happen, but whether or not the specific event to which you refer happened, I can not attest. So, check your facts before you decide that you've won the argument, because so far, it looks like your friend 1, you 0.

I don't know if I can get much information here, but I have a friend who claims that during the '05-06 season, Ridgeway came to Kingsbury DURING school hours and they wrestled. He states that this event took place during school hours, now I know this is a lie, but I'll need proof to finally shut him up. Coach Bray, if possible, can you tell me what your schedule was (or where i can find Ridgeway's 05'-06' wrestling schedule) for Ridgeway that year?

Or can someone just point me to where I can find that it says athletic events cannot take place during school hours?

Thanks

It happens all the time. There is no TSSAA rule against it. The individual school districts or schools may have a rule against this.

Yes, Ridgeway and Kingsbury used to do this every year. It was a great way to raise money, especially right before tournament time. However, a year or two ago, the MIAA elected to not have athletic events during school hours. Because of the number of MIAA schools on "the list," they put a larger emphasis on instructional time.

Thanks

Hunter's lane wrestled greenbrier in an in school match last year.