Loudon vs Stone Memorial

SMHS

I didn't think this game went too well, lots of calls missed then an intentional foul by # 30 for loudon which resulted in our player Cameron Fox breaking his arm. The worst part about the whole situation is he laughed about it.... Cameron had to have surgery last night and out for rest of season

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was appalled at the continued taunting by Loudon's student section when a player was down, not to mention the fact that the coaches and administration condoned the behavior of the player who intentionally injured another kid. The boy who pushed Cameron walked off the floor laughing and high fived his teammates. There comes a point when you set the game aside for some basic human decency and sportsmanship, none of which was displayed by a majority of Loudon's fans, players, coaches, and administration. At least their cheerleaders had the decency to kneel while a player was hurt. They seemed to be the only group who had been taught proper behavior in situations like this.

i would have to agree that loudons fans are out of control. the administration should do something about it, but who really expects this...not i. i hate to hear that one of stones players was injured. stone is a class program with class players, coaches, and fans. they play the game like it is supposed to be played. as for loudon, they do play extremely hard, but they also play dirty at times. for the kid to laugh as he walked off the floor is horrible and shows a lack of sportsmanship that people have come to expect with loudon.

I too am sickened by this situation. Loudon needs to get their act together. It's pretty bad when official's let a game get out of hand like this. Where was the principal??? And really, what kind of coach condones such behavior?

Actually One of the principles i dont know if it was assistant prinicple or not was sitting beside me at the scorers table lets all this happen.

also during the girls game the student section was really outta hand chanting to one of our players that she was garbage. I understand student sextions have chants but there is a time when u go to far and the primcip0le should have stopped it.

i think it was veery rediculous and i am proud of our coaches for taking are varsity players out of the game when this happened

Actually One of the principles i dont know if it was assistant prinicple or not was sitting beside me at the scorers table lets all this happen.

also during the girls game the student section was really outta hand chanting to one of our players that she was garbage. I understand student sextions have chants but there is a time when u go to far and the primcip0le should have stopped it.

i think it was veery rediculous and i am proud of our coaches for taking are varsity players out of the game when this happened

In my previous post some things were not spelled very well and i am sorry.

The coach dosen't condon that kind of behavior and the matter is being dealt with. The player laughed because the other Stone Memorial kid got in his face and who could blame him. he want laughing at the kid he hurt. I can promise you we at Loudon hate that this happened and I wish we could go back to that moment and stop it. Loudon plays really hard and we've only had two intentional fouls in two years. Please don't confuse playing hard with playing dirty. although the situation last night was wrong and will be dealt with.

I meant to say sorry for the typo that who could blame the kid from stone for defending his teammate. #30 wasn't laughing about hurting the other kid.

It sickens me to hear about incidents like this where some kid couldn't keep his temper in check and deliberately injures another player. It's completely uncalled for and bone-headed on the Loudon player's part for pulling that. But what makes this more appalling is the apparent behavior of the Loudon student section throughout the evening and that the administration either couldn't or wouldn't put a stop to it right then and there.

It sickens me to hear about incidents like this where some kid couldn't keep his temper in check and deliberately injures another player. It's completely uncalled for and bone-headed on the Loudon player's part for pulling that. But what makes this more appalling is the apparent behavior of the Loudon student section throughout the evening and that the administration either couldn't or wouldn't put a stop to it right then and there.

What is interesting to me is that some of have no clue what happened and you are making comment. I will tell you all this...the student section has been spoken to by administration and ground-rules have been set...Loudon does not play dirty, they have great kids that would not dream of causing a kid to break his arm. I wish nothing but the best for the young man who got injured. #30 for Loudon was immediately removed from the game and not re-inserted. He was also immediately sorry for the outcome and wanted to apologize but could not because there was no hand shake at the end. I know that is no consolation for the injured young man, but I will say again...the kid was not "intentionally injured" as was stated. It was a bad foul that resulted in a kid being hurt badly. That's it. There was NO intent to harm. Please be careful, everyone, in making these very general, blanket statements about these kids.

First off, let me say I was not at the game and did not see the play in question. I do feel that most of the posters that have commented on the incident probably didn't see the play either. I have coached against Coach Buck and Coach Wells on many occasions and I will say this, both of their teams play extremely hard and both of them teach their kids to be tough hard nosed defenders. Not dirty defenders. I can guarantee that the fouler had no intentions of hurting the kid from Stones. I can also guarantee that he was going to make sure not to give up a three point play. Every coach in America teaches that. If your going to foul make sure they don't get the basket plus one. I know all of you are going to say that this situation with under 3 minutes to play and a 17 point lead, he should have just let him go. The kid is 16 years old and when he's taught not to give up a three point play, that is probably the only thing going through his mind at that instant. Don't judge this fine hardworking young man by a heat of battle mistake that anyone of us could have made.

This is not the first thread concerning the fans (student section) at a basketball

game played at Loudon, and it wil not be the last.

I'm not pointing fingers at the administration, but, Loudon has a terrible reputation

concerning fans, not only at basketball games, but, football too!

Why not let the play of your team do your talking, and show good sportsmanship,

in a win or a lost.

I was at the ballgame, did the foul and the push.....# 30 was mad because Cameron stole the ball and he pushed him into the wall. I don't blame Stone for not shaking their hands, the student section was horrible. You need to come to a SMHS home game and watch a crowd that has some dignity...No signs, nobody painted, and hardly any yelling. So what he was taken out and not put back in, he should have been taken off the floor completely.