Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think many people care where he goes. All the conversations I have had it is a plus he is gone.

Losing Smoot may be a bigger hit than most people may think. He had a very strong bond and trust with the players, and the man truly knows the game. I don't think that it is a plus like people seem to think that it is. I wish him nothing but the best.

What is Cummings bio ? He turned the West program around didn't he?

Wouldn't shock me if Cummings applies. He is smart coach who calls his on plays on offense. He'd be a decent hire for JC. He does return some good players but last year was his most talented team in yrs and they still lost 5 games. West is known for outplaying good teams at times but finds ways to lose thru turnovers, poor defense and sometimes they have special team nightmares. His teams are known for that. To be fair though he hasn't always had the best of asst coaches, he's hard time getting some god guys in there. I believe now he has better staff than few yrs ago.

Wouldn't shock me if Cummings applies. He is smart coach who calls his on plays on offense. He'd be a decent hire for JC. He does return some good players but last year was his most talented team in yrs and they still lost 5 games. West is known for outplaying good teams at times but finds ways to lose thru turnovers, poor defense and sometimes they have special team nightmares. His teams are known for that. To be fair though he hasn't always had the best of asst coaches, he's hard time getting some god guys in there. I believe now he has better staff than few yrs ago.

People need to realize that Coach Cummings has had the toughest schedule by far in ET. He scheduled Webb, Bearden and Morristown West as his non-region games. Next year he has Farragut, Bearden and Sevier County. They have played a schedule that not many could get through. Jeff. County's schedule is much easier than the one he's been playing. Defense has been an issue, better this year. But special teams...I don't recall a single KO or Punt return for a touchdown since I've been watching them. They have had horrible extra point/fieldgoals at times. They ran a KO back for TD vs. Morr. West in the overtime loss 2 years ago. This year they ran a punt for TD against Central. I don't know if Cummings would go or not though. He has told me he loves the asst. coaching staff right now and they will only get better with time. They are all young.

People need to realize that Coach Cummings has had the toughest schedule by far in ET. He scheduled Webb, Bearden and Morristown West as his non-region games. Next year he has Farragut, Bearden and Sevier County. They have played a schedule that not many could get through. Jeff. County's schedule is much easier than the one he's been playing. Defense has been an issue, better this year. But special teams...I don't recall a single KO or Punt return for a touchdown since I've been watching them. They have had horrible extra point/fieldgoals at times. They ran a KO back for TD vs. Morr. West in the overtime loss 2 years ago. This year they ran a punt for TD against Central. I don't know if Cummings would go or not though. He has told me he loves the asst. coaching staff right now and they will only get better with time. They are all young.

I realize Knox West probably plays a harder regular season schedule, but the playoffs is where your metal gets tested, its the great equalizer. You can have the best regular season record and go out in the 1st round, the same way you can have a not so great regular season record and go pretty far in the playoffs. I`m not sure what any of this has to do with Cummings possibly going to Jeff County though.