Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naming a head coach during spring practice is not "pulling the rug out" since the timeline has been very clear. Coach Anderson is a good coach, a fine person and has a bright future, but I don't see any way to justify hiring him based on the experience level of the final 4 candidates. This is not a knock on Justin. Coach U handled the entire offense and as a result, Justin is not as prepared as he should be. Is it right to think a coach that has never been a OC or DC should step into a HC position at a 5A school???

I'm surprised more people aren't excited about Sweetland. Farragat has done well, he comes from Maryville...experienced and successful not to mention recommended by GQ. How do you not hire this guy over Coach Anderson?

I think a lot of people want Anderson to be the guy and want him to be ready, but on the inside may think he's not. You are right though in saying he seems to be the least qualified guy compared to the other candidates, but we have gone down the highly successful and highly qualified road with the last two coaches. I think people like JA because they think he could be the "best fit" long term.

The more I hear about Cummings the more I like, and he's the most qualified of the bunch. I like I said earlier though, I`m glad its not my choice to make.

I think a lot of people want Anderson to be the guy and want him to be ready, but on the inside may think he's not. You are right though in saying he seems to be the least qualified guy compared to the other candidates, but we have gone down the highly successful and highly qualified road with the last two coaches. I think people like JA because they think he could be the "best fit" long term.

The more I hear about Cummings the more I like, and he's the most qualified of the bunch. I like I said earlier though, I`m glad its not my choice to make.

A 27-28 record for Cummings doesn't sound to encouraging to me. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hey I'm a poet and didn't know. LOL Not trying to knock a coach before he even gets the job, just an observation.

Edited by Topgun

I agree with with you I should have been more specific in my wording!! I was referring to the last good athletes coming from this county having moved on and will continue to move on, not just because of coaching, but parents that are willing to baby there kids and move to them to these other schools!! Jefferson County is not Jefferson County of old. I would really like to know how many of these guy's parents played here!! If you look back back to when we were Jeff County all of those kid's from those teams grew up here, and there dad played here. So that's where I was going with that!! Thanks for putting me in my place JC!! Well in your case non-recruited, when did you play?? Because the only players recruited by pretty good schools are few and far between here lately.

Man....You really want to close this down dont you. Im not gonna give you the satisfaction of getting this long thread closed down. Im not gonna fire back at you anymore because there are some good fans on here that dont want to have to start a new thread. By the way, If you are a "first time poster" and are a Pats fan, why did you get on here and immediately pick me out and start with the non-sense name calling? Oh and another thing, you should read my name a little closer...Its TNRECRUITER....as in I am a recruiter in the state of TN....not TNRECRUITED. Thanks for the random jab, but it really backfired huh? Nice try though. When did I play? The late 1980's. But hey man, no hard feelings or anything....I just wanna get back to talking about JCHS football. That whole Cummings thing, I think thats just a rumor. Nobody in the front office other than Mr. S knows who has been offered the job so obviously somebody is making stuff up. GO PATS!

Having known Coach Cummings for several years, I truly feel that he is the person to turn around the program. I am sure Gut would do a fine job as well. Gut knows a heck of alot of football and is a tremendous asset to JC. When you say that the record is 27-28, that does not tell the story. You need to look at it year by year. West finished 2nd behind Maryville in a very tough region. Ask George about Coach Cummings. He turned the West program around. Look at total number of yards offense per year and per game. Defense has been a little loose in the past. Many games were lost where West had over 400 yards of offense, but gave up 410. Defense at West is in very good hands now and is much more fundamentally sound. If he decides or is offered the job, he and Gut would make a pretty strong team. He is a tremendous motivator. He brought more atheletes out of the halls than any other coach was able to do. Extreme discipline, high expectations for himself, and a committment to the finer details is what he's all about. Jeff County would be in great hands. I hope that if he is the next coach at JC, that people give him a chance from the get go and look past the fact that he is not from Jeff. County. I know you will be pleased with what you get.

Having known Coach Cummings for several years, I truly feel that he is the person to turn around the program. I am sure Gut would do a fine job as well. Gut knows a heck of alot of football and is a tremendous asset to JC. When you say that the record is 27-28, that does not tell the story. You need to look at it year by year. West finished 2nd behind Maryville in a very tough region. Ask George about Coach Cummings. He turned the West program around. Look at total number of yards offense per year and per game. Defense has been a little loose in the past. Many games were lost where West had over 400 yards of offense, but gave up 410. Defense at West is in very good hands now and is much more fundamentally sound. If he decides or is offered the job, he and Gut would make a pretty strong team. He is a tremendous motivator. He brought more atheletes out of the halls than any other coach was able to do. Extreme discipline, high expectations for himself, and a committment to the finer details is what he's all about. Jeff County would be in great hands. I hope that if he is the next coach at JC, that people give him a chance from the get go and look past the fact that he is not from Jeff. County. I know you will be pleased with what you get.

I was about to bring up some of these exact points, in this case it seems like Cummings 27-28 record is more a product of his surroundings than anything. Heck being in that region with Maryville, Knox Central, Powell being close to .500 is an accomplishment in itself, especially when you look at where Knox West was as oppose to where it is now.

Well TN it just seems like you think you know an awful lot about this program, and all you do is cause trouble!! You have had a lot of forums shutdown because of your attitude, and if you are as old as you say, you shouldn't act the way you do!!! Who do you recruit for anyway?? Well back on topic!! I really hope Gut gets the job, but based on situation Sweetland may be the most lauded!! GQ's endorsement is huge IMO!!

27-28. I was hoping there was more to the story than that. Your comments have put my mind at ease a little. Anyway, Gut or Cummings both sound like a good coach for JC. However, Gut is hungry to prove himself and that can add a lot of fuel to the fire. I think he would take a more personal stake in the program considering where he's been. Plus haveing contacts at CN is a good thing too. As for GQs endorsement, that doesn't hold much water with me.

27-28. I was hoping there was more to the story than that. Your comments have put my mind at ease a little. Anyway, Gut or Cummings both sound like a good coach for JC. However, Gut is hungry to prove himself and that can add a lot of fuel to the fire. I think he would take a more personal stake in the program considering where he's been. Plus haveing contacts at CN is a good thing too. As for GQs endorsement, that doesn't hold much water with me.

Why would his input not hold much water? I think I would consult him for my open position considering his success and his ties to Jeff. Co. His input and doing what he says is different. A wise person takes council from other people.

Edited by PatriotMan

Why would his input not hold much water? I think I would consult him for my open position considering his success and his ties to Jeff. Co. His input and doing what he says is different. A wise person takes council from other people.

He has a very impressive record. However, if his ties are that close and he cared that much, he would be here coaching, making a difference.

Edited by Topgun

DZ been working hard on the site today? I know because ive been checking in every couple of hours and there is always changes lol. You are doing good work and we appreciate all the hard work you are putting into it. Gut didnt take off with that bass boat did he? lol

Keep us updated if you hear anything tomorrow