Smyrna defeats LaVergne

stownfball08

So i was just wondering, why can we manage to lose to all these teams LaVergne beats. LaVergne is ranked in the top ten. The usually have a pretty good team, and yet somehow that is always the game that Smyrna can win. I mean sure we can beat someone every now and then, but why can't we play against everyone else like we do against LaVergne? Just give me your opinions.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i was just wondering, why can we manage to lose to all these teams LaVergne beats. LaVergne is ranked in the top ten. The usually have a pretty good team, and yet somehow that is always the game that Smyrna can win. I mean sure we can beat someone every now and then, but why can't we play against everyone else like we do against LaVergne? Just give me your opinions.

Is Jefferson hurt? or still suspended

Is Jefferson hurt? or still suspended

Still suspended. I said this before, it comes down to coaching and intensity. LaVergne's coach is making bad personnel decisions, and this team is not very intense. There are too many "players" on Lavergne's team. What I mean by that is that there are a lot of individuals not working as a team. Watkins is not managing the game well, and they really miss Jefferson. He seems to be the calming force on the team, the leader. Smigelski is not a leader, Watkins is not a leader. This team is hitting a low right now, and their coach needs to find a combination that fits. He needs team players, and not highlight films on his team, it is getting too late in the season to not know who your guys are. From what I have seen, he needs to have Bather, Jefferson, and Smigelski step up and be leaders. He needs Watkins to manage the game, he needs the big guys to be a force on the board, he needs Gardner, Smith, Story and Rodriguez to be effective when coming off the bench, and give good minutes. And Mr. Coach needs for his players to be able to play together. I have noticed that when the starters are not in there, there is no continuity. Watkins wants to be the "man", when he needs to be a team player.

Edited by nununu

No answer for your question, however they just knocked LaVergne out of the Midstate Top 10.

Ha... yea I know they are not that bad. But they got drilled by Gallatin after sticking with them until the fourth quarter, in which they started only down by two and ended up losing by about twenty. Probably one of the worst games I have ever watched. The officiating was absolutly horrible but poor shot selection and lack of effective coaching I think is the main problem. By the way, number 5 on gallatin marsallous malone or whatever his name is, he is a beast. I wonder what his vertical is. That kid can get up there.

stownfball08 Today, 01:40 AM Post #9

Camper

Group: Guests

Member No.: 104,747

Ha... yea I know they are not that bad. But they got drilled by Gallatin after sticking with them until the fourth quarter, in which they started only down by two and ended up losing by about twenty. Probably one of the worst games I have ever watched. The officiating was absolutly horrible but poor shot selection and lack of effective coaching I think is the main problem. By the way, number 5 on gallatin marsallous malone or whatever his name is, he is a beast. I wonder what his vertical is. That kid can get up there.

That's an understatement, that man is more than a beast. He won't even play aau beacause of his girlfreiend. He is about 6'7" with at least a 30" vertical, he is amazing.