Independence Coaching Search

donathan5507

Lot of talk about indy's new coach. the next indy coach will have the initials R B! And is from Martin TN. Mark it down! he will keep the current asst. coaches on, so as to keep the continuity in place. It will be a heckuva year at indy, and those schools north of Thompson's Station are in for a beat down!

Does Indy plan to go back in time to hire their next head coach?

Randy Barnes may have been a successful coach 20 years ago...does not mean he can walk into one of the toughest regions in the state and beat down the likes of Franklin, Ravenwood and Brentwood.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Randy Barnes been out of coaching for the last 4-5 years?

R B is a long shot, at best!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Indy plan to go back in time to hire their next head coach?

Randy Barnes may have been a successful coach 20 years ago...does not mean he can walk into one of the toughest regions in the state and beat down the likes of Franklin, Ravenwood and Brentwood.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Randy Barnes been out of coaching for the last 4-5 years?

R B is a long shot, at best!

Randy Barnes--- Long time Head Coach at Union City???

Lot of talk about indy's new coach. the next indy coach will have the initials R B! And is from Martin TN. Mark it down! he will keep the current asst. coaches on, so as to keep the continuity in place. It will be a heckuva year at indy, and those schools north of Thompson's Station are in for a beat down!

;);):lol:

You're referring to coach Richard Herzog, whose name was surprisingly dropped by Marilyn in today's Williamson A.M.

Herzog was also believed by some to be a finalist for the Centennial job before it was given to Matykiewicz.

Jason Eubanks is obviously the favorite for the job by both the players and community. However, there are a few things that I think hurt him 1. No head coaching experience, 2) He has no experience on the offensive side of the ball( please do not mention middle school football, that does not compare), 3) Webb does not care about the percieved power, many of you have posted that Eubanks has in the community. He has no power, he simply has the respect of the community for the job he has done. Webb cares about academics not athletics, if she could find a common balance between the two you would not be looking for annother coach. I am pulling for Eubanks but I cannot help but feel that Webb will go with someone else. I would like see Nowell as OC at INdy if Eubanks gets the job. If Eubanks cannot get this job I would like to see hime leave Indy for the Fairview job to get some head coaching experience. By the way. the article about Herzogg in the paper Sunday, did not sit well with alot of people, many thought it was very inappropriate and could ultimately hurt his chances.

Jason Eubanks is obviously the favorite for the job by both the players and community. However, there are a few things that I think hurt him 1. No head coaching experience, 2) He has no experience on the offensive side of the ball( please do not mention middle school football, that does not compare), 3) Webb does not care about the percieved power, many of you have posted that Eubanks has in the community. He has no power, he simply has the respect of the community for the job he has done. Webb cares about academics not athletics, if she could find a common balance between the two you would not be looking for annother coach. I am pulling for Eubanks but I cannot help but feel that Webb will go with someone else. I would like see Nowell as OC at INdy if Eubanks gets the job. If Eubanks cannot get this job I would like to see hime leave Indy for the Fairview job to get some head coaching experience. By the way. the article about Herzogg in the paper Sunday, did not sit well with alot of people, many thought it was very inappropriate and could ultimately hurt his chances.

Ok, it is obvious that Eubanks is the clear cut choice of the players and community, so why is it that Indy is searching, if their next coach is on staff?

Most programs in need of a hire fall into one of two categories: 1. They are terrible and need to make wholesale changes (And would not hire from the existing staff looking for change), or 2. The program is on solid ground or in excellent shape in this case, and needs little to no change. It appears to me that Indy falls into the category where little to no changes need to be made.

Nowell would be a great addition to that program, especially with all the fire power they have returning this year on the offensive side of the ball. The Indy defense was no slouch either, and has just as much fire power returning on that side as well.

When do the actual interviews begin?

As for Herzog, I have seen his name mentioned in other threads, I know the CHS thread. CHS did not hire him, what makes anyone think that Indy would?

If an assistant coach besides Eubanks is hired then the decision makers have made another terrible decision. They talk about integrity, morals and standards, but then they don't demonstrate that in decisions they make. And I am not just talking athletically. Believe what you want but Eubanks was the glue that held the team together. Power is the wrong term to use. He has the respect of players, parents and peers. No, he has not been a HS HC before, but it is time. Where does it say you have to have been a HC in HS before? Sometimes that is over rated. Come on IHS, do the right thing and give him the HC job.

If an assistant coach besides Eubanks is hired then the decision makers have made another terrible decision. They talk about integrity, morals and standards, but then they don't demonstrate that in decisions they make. And I am not just talking athletically. Believe what you want but Eubanks was the glue that held the team together. Power is the wrong term to use. He has the respect of players, parents and peers. No, he has not been a HS HC before, but it is time. Where does it say you have to have been a HC in HS before? Sometimes that is over rated. Come on IHS, do the right thing and give him the HC job.

I agree with you it would be the right thing, I hope Eubanks gets the job. But look at who's making the decisions, if you think Webb is losing sleep over who the next football coach is at Indy who're crazy. I would hate to see Eubanks get passed over by Indy and be too late for the Fairview job. If he doesn't get the Indy job now, I don't think he will ever get it.

I agree with you it would be the right thing, I hope Eubanks gets the job. But look at who's making the decisions, if you think Webb is losing sleep over who the next football coach is at Indy who're crazy. I would hate to see Eubanks get passed over by Indy and be too late for the Fairview job. If he doesn't get the Indy job now, I don't think he will ever get it.

I'm not so sure that he would be interested in the Fairview job. He pulled his name from the Centennial search. I think he is committed to IHS and those kids. I want to think the decision makers will choose him, but I am not overly confident they will. It is too bad, and not just for him. It is too bad for the team, parents, community and the school. Time will tell.