Cloudland @ Hampton

foreveranole

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha... this is funny just talking about something being done when we all know that nothing is going to come of it. it is pathetic to see this much talent at hampton high school be wasted. year after year leon tolley sent championship teams to the high school. and year after year, these teams have had losing records or just barely above .500. shew, at least we have football... oh, and girls basketball. great job coach tolley, keep it up...

haha... this is funny just talking about something being done when we all know that nothing is going to come of it. it is pathetic to see this much talent at hampton high school be wasted. year after year leon tolley sent championship teams to the high school. and year after year, these teams have had losing records or just barely above .500. shew, at least we have football... oh, and girls basketball. great job coach tolley, keep it up...

Correct me if I am wrong but The bulldogs didn't win very many regional championships and were beaten by the likes of Unaka, Hunter and Cloudland in the county quite often. At a school the size of Hampton Elementary, they should be ultra succesful. If these facts are wrong please correct me.

Who,or better yet ,what kind of person could be bought off when their kid is involved? How does something like this go on and no one is held responsible? Do the county officals know whats going on? Who will stand up and do the right thing?

KrispyKremeKarl agrees with All4God25. KrispyKremeKarl hopes the press, star or local news can get something published. KrispyKremeKarl heard today by an email that the board of education in Carter County brought the Cloudland thing to the limelight to serve as a cover for what's going on at Hampton. Oh well. KrispyKremeKarl is going to bed. KrispyKremeKarl has to make donuts in the morning.

KrispyKremeKarl agrees with All4God25. KrispyKremeKarl hopes the press, star or local news can get something published. KrispyKremeKarl heard today by an email that the board of education in Carter County brought the Cloudland thing to the limelight to serve as a cover for what's going on at Hampton. Oh well. KrispyKremeKarl is going to bed. KrispyKremeKarl has to make donuts in the morning.

Maybe KrispyKreme should be bringing this to the attention of Starman. Since he does work at the paper and covers sports, this might be of interest to him and his readers. Just a thought. :thumb:

Some people at the Star already know.

Sure would like to know why everyone is hush hush about this. Are they afraid of this person? Do they owe this person a favor? Is this person so great that he is beyond getting punished for his actions? Why may I ask is everyone protecting this person. Why don't someone do whats right for once. The people that know and are involved are just as quilty. How about protecting the student? Isn't that what our school board is supposed to be doing?

Edited by sportiemom

Sure would like to know why everyone is hush hush about this. Are they afraid of this person? Do they owe this person a favor? Is this person so great that he is beyond getting punished for his actions? Why may I ask is everyone protecting this person. Why don't someone do whats right for once. The people that know and are involved are just as quilty. How about protecting the student? Isn't that what our school board is supposed to be doing?

Money talks. I'd say the Star is a little ancey to say anything about it because the moment they do, they may get alot of subscription cancellations, and the next morning the Press might have a few more paper routs in the Hampton area… That’s the only reason I can think of…

Correct me if I am wrong but The bulldogs didn't win very many regional championships and were beaten by the likes of Unaka, Hunter and Cloudland in the county quite often. At a school the size of Hampton Elementary, they should be ultra succesful. If these facts are wrong please correct me.

Your facts are wrong. In the three years that I played and for the 2 or 3 years after that, Unaka NEVER beat Hampton. I can never remember Cloudland competing with Hampton except when Byrd was in 8th grade and when Lunsford was in 8th grade. Hunter has always had purty good teams though and look what that talent was used to do at the high school level (state title). The games between Hampton and Hunter were always good but I do not think that Hunter ever won at Hampton under coach Tolley until 2 years ago and he still beat Hunter once with very little talent. Don't try to downgrade Tolley's stats as a coach or the talent that Hampton has had. It makes you look sorta dumb...

Your facts are wrong. In the three years that I played and for the 2 or 3 years after that, Unaka NEVER beat Hampton. I can never remember Cloudland competing with Hampton except when Byrd was in 8th grade and when Lunsford was in 8th grade. Hunter has always had purty good teams though and look what that talent was used to do at the high school level (state title). The games between Hampton and Hunter were always good but I do not think that Hunter ever won at Hampton under coach Tolley until 2 years ago and he still beat Hunter once with very little talent. Don't try to downgrade Tolley's stats as a coach or the talent that Hampton has had. It makes you look sorta dumb...

If Unaka has never beat Hampton, then how did they only lose 1 game in '04-'05? And that loss was to Hunter.