Independence at Franklin

rebelplaya

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rebelplaya @ Jan 11 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826328277[/snapback]

After watching the Indy/Brentwood game on channel 9 last night I'm gonna go ahead and say Franklin will sweep Indy. I predict by at least 15 points. If we can control the big man or if he is having an off night-maybe a win by even a bigger margin! Rebels will continue their winning streak!!

I didn't see the game, but the way Franklin handled Hillsboro, I think they may beat Independence by even more than that. My money is on Franklin.

QUOTE(rebelplaya @ Jan 11 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826328277[/snapback]

After watching the Indy/Brentwood game on channel 9 last night I'm gonna go ahead and say Franklin will sweep Indy. I predict by at least 15 points. If we can control the big man or if he is having an off night-maybe a win by even a bigger margin! Rebels will continue their winning streak!!

Even though Franklin has been on a roll, I think this is THE GAME Indy has been waiting for. They are determined to prove they are an elite team in the district. I predict the game will be very close and Franklin will probably win, based on the home court advantage. Area fans should make an effort to see this game.

Indy just does not match up well with Franklin. Franklin is going to apply constant pressure. Indy has a good back court, and most of their players handle the ball pretty well. However the problem is going to Franklin's depth. Indy just does not seem to have a very deep bench. Most of the time the coach only plays 6 or 7 players. I think the Indy guards will get worn down in the 3rd and 4th quarters and start making mistakes. When that happens Franklin will go on a run and put the game away. Issac Baugh could have really helped Indy in this game. Hope things are going well for him and he fully recovers.

Indy is also going to find it very diffucult to play man against Franklin there are several potential match up problems, but Franklin shoots so well its hard to play a zone against them. Not sure how Indy can solve this problem but good luck.

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Jan 11 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826328401[/snapback]

Indy just does not match up well with Franklin. Franklin is going to apply constant pressure. Indy has a good back court, and most of their players handle the ball pretty well. However the problem is going to Franklin's depth. Indy just does not seem to have a very deep bench. Most of the time the coach only plays 6 or 7 players. I think the Indy guards will get worn down in the 3rd and 4th quarters and start making mistakes. When that happens Franklin will go on a run and put the game away. Issac Baugh could have really helped Indy in this game. Hope things are going well for him and he fully recovers.

Indy is also going to find it very diffucult to play man against Franklin there are several potential match up problems, but Franklin shoots so well its hard to play a zone against them. Not sure how Indy can solve this problem but good luck.

All good points, however, the buildup and importance of this game (between two good teams) usually means it will be tight. Also, I know comparitive scores can be used to prove almost anything, however one game does stand out. Franklin lost to Clarksville (first game of the year), and Indy recently beat Clarksville handily. As I said before, area fans should make a point to see this game.

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Jan 11 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826328401[/snapback]

Indy doesn't have depth-are you kidding? Don't they have 10 or more seniors on that team?

Well I actually agree with NashvilleHSfan here. Indy has been waiting for this game all year, looking to prove themselves more than anything. Franklin for that matter, has less to prove than Indy, but you know Johnson won't tell them that. Both teams want this one bad and both will fight for it. I'm still predicting a close game, with no team leading by more than 10 at any one point.

QUOTE(Cubs05SC @ Jan 11 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826329191[/snapback]

Close game..Indy by 6.

If Franklin and Indy take care of business this weekend, Tuesday night at Franklin should be an incredible atmosphere. The players work year around to be able to play in games like this. Should be an old-fashioned barn burner, whatever that means, ha.