Red Boiling Spgs @ Clarkrange

BuffaloFan

Correct me if I am wrong...5 players foued out? two for Clarkrange and three for RBS. a total of 44 fouls combined. It was a physical game, but called pretty evenly. I'll admit that you could tackle someone and not get a call, then get a hand check on the next play.

Rich is the most underestimated player in the district. Jessica Green shut down Leonard.

Here's something for debate...Kelli Reed 19 points.....Laken Leonard 14 points...hard to compare them because they play different roles....maybe the two best freshmen in the state????? (and they both wear #52...). Reed played an awsome second half and played a great game. She deserves a lot of credit for the win.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BuffaloFan @ Jan 20 2007 - 07:31 AM) 826338809[/snapback]

Correct me if I am wrong...5 players foued out? two for Clarkrange and three for RBS. a total of 44 fouls combined. It was a physical game, but called pretty evenly. I'll admit that you could tackle someone and not get a call, then get a hand check on the next play.

Rich is the most underestimated player in the district. Jessica Green shut down Leonard.

Here's something for debate...Kelli Reed 19 points.....Laken Leonard 14 points...hard to compare them because they play different roles....maybe the two best freshmen in the state????? (and they both wear #52...). Reed played an awsome second half and played a great game. She deserves a lot of credit for the win.

I haven't seen either...but I would have to say Kayci Ferris has the biggest future of any freshman in the state. She already getting looks from just about every major college in the country.

QUOTE(BuffaloFan @ Jan 20 2007 - 08:37 AM) 826338861[/snapback]

Oh yeah, she is very tough. If she gets the ball on the block, she usually scores. I see your point. Lots of great young players on the plateau. Clarkrange has one Senior and one Junior.......RBS has 4 seniors, but a lot of tough young players......

That's absolutely true.

Theres no Debate here...Leonard is by far the better player...if you disagree just look at both of their stats on the year and compare them since they play the same competition...all one could say about the other night is the Reed girl had the best game of her life and Leonard had a bad night...

QUOTE(Stifler @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:04 AM) 826339620[/snapback]

Theres no Debate here...Leonard is by far the better player...if you disagree just look at both of their stats on the year and compare them since they play the same competition...all one could say about the other night is the Reed girl had the best game of her life and Leonard had a bad night...

Apparently you haven't watched her play much. Was not the game of her life, has had several games of this caliber. Also this is Reed's first year on the highschool team, she still has a lot to learn. They have a full team of contributers on offense. It is not their game plan to feed two players and make sure they take all the shots. From week to week someone different high scorer. As a matter of fact from half to half it is someone different. If you leave someone open they will get the ball and score. When H. Green was healthy she could come off the bench and be leading scorer, and Franklin has the ability to also do that.

That's why Reed doesn't have the same stats as Leonard. But head to head I do believe she has the advantage.

The is the first time I have seen Leonard on a level playing field. She was babied all last year and got away with all the shoving and walking she wanted to. She doesn't look as if she improved much, playing wise from last to this year, she is just taking more shots. She is a very good player and will continue to be a force, but not heads above the rest. Can she win freshman of the year twice in a row? I do believe that she is still one of the best freshmen in the state.

QUOTE(options86 @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826339857[/snapback]

Apparently you haven't watched her play much. Was not the game of her life, has had several games of this caliber. Also this is Reed's first year on the highschool team, she still has a lot to learn. They have a full team of contributers on offense. It is not their game plan to feed two players and make sure they take all the shots. From week to week someone different high scorer. As a matter of fact from half to half it is someone different. If you leave someone open they will get the ball and score. When H. Green was healthy she could come off the bench and be leading scorer, and Franklin has the ability to also do that.

That's why Reed doesn't have the same stats as Leonard. But head to head I do believe she has the advantage.

The is the first time I have seen Leonard on a level playing field. She was babied all last year and got away with all the shoving and walking she wanted to. She doesn't look as if she improved much, playing wise from last to this year, she is just taking more shots. She is a very good player and will continue to be a force, but not heads above the rest. Can she win freshman of the year twice in a row? I do believe that she is still one of the best freshmen in the state.

THIS WAS A GREAT B GAME,I DO HAVE TO SAY LEONARD JUST ISNT USED TO THINGS NOT GOING HER WAY SHE BECAME VERY RATTLED WHEN FOULS ACTUALLY GOT CALLED AGAINST HER LIKE IT WAS SOME GREAT SUPRISE,ALSO THEY HAVE SO MANY MORE GOOD PLAYERS ON RBS TEAM I THINK THEY DESERVE MORE CREDIT LEONARD IS NOT A ONE PERSON TEAM, HINCE THE WORD TEAM!!!! AND REED ON CHS TEAM IS A GREAT PLAYER WHO WITH A GREAT COACH (AND SHE HAS ONE) WILL DEFINATELY BE A FORCE TO BE WATCHED .SHE ALSO DOES KNOW SHE IS ON A TEAM AND CHS IS A GREAT TEAM WITH EVERYONE STEPPING UP TO THE CHALLENGE THIS IS WHAT WINS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.NOT A ONE STAR SHOW.

Your right the game was called pretty evenly both ways, I was just complaining about the fouls called in all...I wish their was less...You start to get into the game and then uh oh a foul is called...Takes all the momentum out of the game...

Kelly is the most underesimated player in the district...She plays as hard as she can night in and night out...She gets extremely physical, she's the only player on the team that wears knee pads and that's because she always has bruises on her knees from just going after basketballs...

You can't compare both players, Reed is going to get shut out every now and then...and like the other night so is Laken...But like I said you can't compare, reminds of Daniel Meador and Joseph Bailey playing...Both were great players in their own right but you couldn't compare the 2 simply because they played different rolls in helping their team win...They're 2 excellent ball players who will be enjoyable to watch for the next 3 years...

QUOTE(swanson71 @ Jan 21 2007 - 06:32 PM) 826340213[/snapback]

he's the only player on the team that wears knee pads and that's because she always has bruises on her knees from just going after basketballs...

If one wears knee pads they all do!! They all play hard as a team. Reed steps up when she feels the time is right . She is as good a team player as anyone else.

QUOTE(options86 @ Jan 21 2007 - 07:38 PM) 826340279[/snapback]

If one wears knee pads they all do!! They all play hard as a team. Reed steps up when she feels the time is right . She is as good a team player as anyone else.

Did you say she steps up when she feels the time is right??? May I ask when the time is ever wrong to step up???