Brentwood Academy @ Whites Creek

mfalc04

QUOTE(coachbkp @ Jan 17 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826334810[/snapback]

when did stopping somebody mean holding them to there average. they didnt do anything special on jamie he scored at will on them but the difference was jamie was tired in the second half nollner has got to find a way to get him some rest during the first half he was actually tired in the second half of the antioch game. they also missed josh eddy i think he would have helped big time.

I never said he "stopped" him. It was my understanding that he was

averaging well north of 20 per game. Also, scoring 19 in a game is by

no means "scoring at will". He worked for every shot he took and had

as many misses as hits.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when did stopping somebody mean holding them to there average. they didnt do anything special on jamie he scored at will on them but the difference was jamie was tired in the second half nollner has got to find a way to get him some rest during the first half he was actually tired in the second half of the antioch game. they also missed josh eddy i think he would have helped big time.

My guess is that he would have "willed" a few of his shots in OT to fall . . .

BA "stopped" him relative to some of the comments made on this board before the game. He was good, but not the world beater that some made him out to be.

I think if you are able to stop a star player from scoring enough points as to cause his team to have more points than your team - that is good enough. But, hey.. that's just me.

QUOTE(coachbkp @ Jan 17 2007 - 04:11 PM) 826335322[/snapback]

he was tired in the second half that is it. he got to the basket or pulled up any time he wanted he played the whole game he was tired.

I was really surprised that Brentwood beat them, but man am i glad they did. So how's Brentwood going to finish the season there coach?

he was tired in the second half that is it. he got to the basket or pulled up any time he wanted he played the whole game he was tired.

He scored as many in the second half as he did the first. There's a big

difference between "getting to the basket","pulling up" and the defense

preventing you from putting it "IN" the basket. Based on the box score,

he hit two 3's (1 in first half and the second at the end of 4th). With 3

free throws that leaves 5 made shots (basically 1 per quarter). That's

not scoring at will.

I'm not ragging on Jamie by any stretch of the imagination. He is a great

player and shooter but saying BA's defense had no impact on him last night

is rediculous.

If only he would have gotten to the basket or pulled up any time he wanted and scored, WC might have won. I agree that he is a very good player (great looking shot), but we could probably make the argument that great players overcome "tired" to score when the game is on the line . . . I too credit BA's defense vs "tired"

QUOTE(fan6 @ Jan 17 2007 - 05:49 PM) 826335400[/snapback]

If only he would have gotten to the basket or pulled up any time he wanted and scored, WC might have won. I agree that he is a very good player (great looking shot), but we could probably make the argument that great players overcome "tired" to score when the game is on the line . . . I too credit BA's defense vs "tired"

Great win by BA. I think WC will go far in the post season, they've got great guard play (Jamie is a great player), having the big kid back will help too. But I too agree with fan6 - great players find a way no matter the circumstances - anyone remember Michael Jordan in the 1997 NBA finals vs. Utah? Game 5 he scored 38 points while battling the flu and they won 90-88 - Scottie Pippen literally had to carry him off the floor at the end - so I think he may have been a bit fatigued. So I agree, while Jamie is a great talent - BA's defense had some to do with is "fatigue". Remeber what Vince Lombardi said, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all".

Please stop with the asinine Jamie replies. Jamie did his thing. Whites Creek lost the game. He is a team player not a ball hog. Other players on their team have to step up.

BA's defense and garrett did not slow Jamie down. He averages 22 points and he scored 19. He hit shots with garrett in his face or hacking him. No way BA stopped Jamie.

The problem was Whites Creek didn't stop BA. Stallings lit them up, Wright and Brown had their way inside. Too many countless lay ups. Whites Creek's D lost the game or lack thereof.

QUOTE(fan6 @ Jan 17 2007 - 05:49 PM) 826335400[/snapback]

i am sorry i just come from a different era where holding a player to 19 points is not an achievement. this is a kid he is not michael jordan you can not say you have played good defense on somebody and they score 19 points. so if a team held brandon wright to 19 points last year you guys would not get on here and say they played good defense. jamie went around and shot over those guys anytime he wanted. now if they would have held him to 6-10 points now you can say they played good defense. but not when somebody scores 19 points. i dont think michael jordan would say i played good or great defense on somebody and he held them to 19 points. i am sorry on that one the tennessean says jaime is averaging 22 points he was 3 points off his average.

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Jan 18 2007 - 09:00 AM) 826336091[/snapback]

Please stop with the asinine Jamie replies. Jamie did his thing. Whites Creek lost the game. He is a team player not a ball hog. Other players on their team have to step up.

BA's defense and garrett did not slow Jamie down. He averages 22 points and he scored 19. He hit shots with garrett in his face or hacking him. No way BA stopped Jamie.

The problem was Whites Creek didn't stop BA. Stallings lit them up, Wright and Brown had their way inside. Too many countless lay ups. Whites Creek's D lost the game or lack thereof.

Go teach your class cobra