Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826335175[/snapback]

Cluelessness might fit you better.Get the record book out and look for yourself, I think West Tennessee has done rather well the last 10 or 12 years.

(They have more Class A State Championships than Middle or East)

Since 1976, Single A Champions

19 Championships from Middle TN (63%)

10 from West TN (33%)

1 from East TN

hmmm..........................

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 01:26 PM) 826335140[/snapback]

tcaladylionsfan,

Some of these folks have 7A on a pedestal, most of them are 7A people. Let them think what they want to. All the hype is on the Clark Range/RBS game Friday night. Dont tell them but the big game in the state Friday night is the Gleason/Greenfield game. TCA can play with anybody as well as some others outside 7A. If I had to pick the toughest region it would be 6A as a whole but there are a few teams in west Tennessee that know basketball to. Keep it going down south and we hope to see you again down the road.

Should be a great game!!! Congratulations on a big win last night. I understand the inside game was a big part in the win according to the Jackson Sun. Good Luck on Friday!!!

QUOTE(tcaladylionsfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 02:18 PM) 826335208[/snapback]

Should be a great game!!! Congratulations on a big win last night. I understand the inside game was a big part in the win according to the Jackson Sun. Good Luck on Friday!!!

Our inside game and our defense won last nights game. We were 0/15 on our 3 pt shots. Hopefully we got our bad shooting night out of the way. We are talking Friday nights game as just another game but it would be nice to knock off the #1 team.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 02:24 PM) 826335213[/snapback]

Our inside game and our defense won last nights game. We were 0/15 on our 3 pt shots. Hopefully we got our bad shooting night out of the way. We are talking Friday nights game as just another game but it would be nice to knock off the #1 team.

Prime Example: no team in 7A could win a game going 0/15 from behind the arch, playing against any other 7A team except one... Greenfield goes 0/15 from 3-pt land against RBS, JC, or C-Range and it doesnt matter about how good your Inside game or Defense played, you lose. Clay County & Picket County would be the talk of your District if they were there... those 2 teams would win or at worst be 2nd in any other district in the state... Wait & Watch, no one else's believes it until they see it first hand...

QUOTE(Joe Quincy @ Jan 17 2007 - 02:10 PM) 826335202[/snapback]

Since 1976, Single A Champions

19 Championships from Middle TN (63%)

10 from West TN (33%)

1 from East TN

hmmm..........................

JACKSON COUNTY

1973 SMALL SCHOOL STATE CHAMPS

1974 RUNNERS UP

1999 CLASS AA RUNNERS UP

2000 CLASS AA STATE CHAMPS

2001 CLASS AA STATE CHAMPS

2002 CLASS AA STATE CHAMPS

2003 CLASS AA STATE CHAMPS

2006 CLASS A RUNNERS UP

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 03:20 PM) 826335273[/snapback]

I'm not sure that we have a so called favorite this year. We have a dozen or so teams capable of getting hot and winning the Gold Ball this year.

Guess you changed your mind then.............

Greenfieldfan)-->QUOTE(Greenfieldfan) 826335273[/snapback]Clark Range is for real, they can play with anybody, A, AA or AAA. Clark Range has a great coach who has alot of talent. If I had to pick a team right now for a Gold Ball in any class, I'd pick Lamar Rogers team..

That may sound contradictory to you but I still stand by both statements.

I know, Heavy you still think that Class A teams cant compete with AA & AAA teams but we've proven that not to be the case, havent we. (Westview- Greenfield is just one good example) Clark Range played with Shelbyville so dont start that silly nonsense. Its all about peaking at the right time to win a Gold Ball.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 04:14 PM) 826335325[/snapback]

That may sound contradictory to you but I still stand by both statements.

I know, Heavy you still think that Class A teams cant compete with AA & AAA teams but we've proven that not to be the case, havent we. (Westview- Greenfield is just one good example) Clark Range played with Shelbyville so dont start that silly nonsense. Its all about peaking at the right time to win a Gold Ball.

You are right, it depends on when a team peaks, injuries, and hot streaks. Harder the schedule, minus injuries, the easier it is to peak during district, region, etc...

The toughest region with out a doubt is region 6...But the toughest district in the state of 1a ball is D7a...RBS is 21-1 Crange is 19-2 JC is 13-8 PC is 12-11 Monterey is 11-9 Clay Co 7-7 Hermitage Springs is 0-15...5 teams have winning records atleast 1 is .500...there are 6 teams out of 7 who doesn't have a losing record...and next year Monterey and PC is going to get even better than they are this year and then RBS Crange JC Monterey and PC in my eyes will be able to compete with anyone in the state......

QUOTE(LBJames23Fan @ Jan 17 2007 - 02:39 PM) 826335227[/snapback]

Prime Example: no team in 7A could win a game going 0/15 from behind the arch, playing against any other 7A team except one... Greenfield goes 0/15 from 3-pt land against RBS, JC, or C-Range and it doesnt matter about how good your Inside game or Defense played, you lose. Clay County & Picket County would be the talk of your District if they were there... those 2 teams would win or at worst be 2nd in any other district in the state... Wait & Watch, no one else's believes it until they see it first hand...

Your exactly right...Go back to the game with JC and RBS the other night...in the first half RBS couldn't hit a shot and JC was shooting really well, though RBS's inside game was playing great they were 0-for whatever and RBS was getting smoked the first half...When the 2nd half rolled around and JC went cold and RBS hit a few 3's the tide turned and JC got dominated the 2nd half...and LBJamesfan I don't think any team would get 15 shot from 3pt land because of the defense Crange and JC plays...and the way RBS plays offense if the other team can't shoot whatsoever there is no way they can play with RBS...

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 01:26 PM) 826335140[/snapback]

tcaladylionsfan,

Some of these folks have 7A on a pedestal, most of them are 7A people. Let them think what they want to. All the hype is on the Clark Range/RBS game Friday night. Dont tell them but the big game in the state Friday night is the Gleason/Greenfield game. TCA can play with anybody as well as some others outside 7A. If I had to pick the toughest region it would be 6A as a whole but there are a few teams in west Tennessee that know basketball to. Keep it going down south and we hope to see you again down the road.

You sure are one crazy guy...Crange is one of the toughest in the state that's for sure...Who has gleason played!??! Let's look at who Crange has played and compare...RBS hasn't played nowhere near the schedule Crange has, but they are 21-1 and return everybody but 1 from a state tournament team last year and they returned their 3 best players...This is the game to watch out for because someone from 7a will be playing for the Gold Ball that is a fact..