Wilson Central 2007

SON OF WINGMAN

QUOTE(WCDAD @ Apr 3 2007 - 07:12 PM) 826429207[/snapback]As a Wilson Central Parent of a graduating player this year, there is only one way to go after the horrible season we had last year. There was a comment made by a member of Coach T to the effect that we had some crybaby seniors with unrealistic expectations..Well, I have a really good idea who you are. If you have those kind of feelings for the kids that are/were supposed to carry your team Coach, then it's no wonder that they didn't win. The only way to go for the Cats is Up Up Up !! I don't look for the Cats to do too much this year collectively but look for some stellar performances from the likes of Connor McChurch and J.T. Majors. Outside of those 2, it's anyones guess !! Ross Strong could have a great year if he comes out with the attitude. He is a great athelete and has the ability to make a difference!! Good Luck Wildcats from a parent who is going to miss having a player in the game.

Signed,

Big B

Well WCDAD, I'm in the same boat, I'll have to adopt a player to follow from here on as well. VERY disappointing year last year. Not only the wins and losses but the overall team attitude. No matter what excuses I hear, it wasn't that way before!

Not sure much will change to be honest, I hope it does. I'd love to see a winning record at Central again. Hey if the Wing T doesn't cut it, you can always re-vamp the offense over fall break right? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VOLSFBALL @ Apr 14 2007 - 08:20 PM) 826437632[/snapback]Go ahead think what you want to think but you shouldnt say anything untill you come out and watch Wilson Central play they are scrimmageing vs. Hendersonville on May 4th @ Wilson Central

With all the rain in the area, did HHS and WC still scrimmage. If they did; how was the scrimmage. How did each team look?

QUOTE(Otter @ May 5 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826452448[/snapback]With all the rain in the area, did HHS and WC still scrimmage. If they did; how was the scrimmage. How did each team look?

yea we still scrimmaged. i think the score was like 4-1 with WC winning. im not sure if were gonna have a descent team or if theyre that bad. we did look pretty solid on both sides of the ball. it really wasnt even close. they scored on a long pass that kind of caught us off guard... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

QUOTE(dubcfan @ May 5 2007 - 02:33 PM) 826452467[/snapback]yea we still scrimmaged. i think the score was like 4-1 with WC winning. im not sure if were gonna have a descent team or if theyre that bad. we did look pretty solid on both sides of the ball. it really wasnt even close. they scored on a long pass that kind of caught us off guard... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

It's always good to take scrimmages with a grain of salt...spring scrimmages should be taken with two grains of salt. That said, it's better to win 4-1 than to lose 1-4. Do you guys have another scrimmage or does that wrap up your spring?

QUOTE(TDCman @ May 5 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826452478[/snapback]It's always good to take scrimmages with a grain of salt...spring scrimmages should be taken with two grains of salt. That said, it's better to win 4-1 than to lose 1-4. Do you guys have another scrimmage or does that wrap up your spring?

yea i know, im not getting near as excited about the year til after the 1st few games. everybody knows what happened to us last year.....anyways, weve got one more..i think its at shelbyville next week.

That group last yeat at Dub-C just seemed so disfunctional fow whatever reason. That was a program that lost their identity in about 30 minutes seemingly. They couldn't decide if they wanted to run the Wing-T or the Spread. I think that the additions they have made to their staff will help them out a bunch this year. Who do they have taking snaps out in Gladeville?? Scott has seemingly been the only QB in school history. Seemed like he was there five years.

QUOTE(TDCman @ May 5 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826452478[/snapback]It's always good to take scrimmages with a grain of salt...spring scrimmages should be taken with two grains of salt. That said, it's better to win 4-1 than to lose 1-4. Do you guys have another scrimmage or does that wrap up your spring?

I will post my every spring and fall scrimmage summation

"there is no such thing as winning a scrimmage"

I have never seen a scrimmage championship trophy

smart coaches are looking at various players,formations etc and may spend an entire scrimmage seeing if they can run the ball when they know they could easily throw it every down or vice versa.

smyrna will go down to lc friday and run about 25% of their offensive package and look at a lot of new players. They may score more than lc they may not but if the coaches get the look they want from certain players and situations then they got what they wanted.

As for wc in 05 they were one of ther most disciplined confident teams I saw especially on offense. Last year they didn't look like the same team especially on offense.

QUOTE(82cat @ May 9 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826455643[/snapback]I will post my every spring and fall scrimmage summation

"there is no such thing as winning a scrimmage"

I have never seen a scrimmage championship trophy

smart coaches are looking at various players,formations etc and may spend an entire scrimmage seeing if they can run the ball when they know they could easily throw it every down or vice versa.

smyrna will go down to lc friday and run about 25% of their offensive package and look at a lot of new players. They may score more than lc they may not but if the coaches get the look they want from certain players and situations then they got what they wanted.

As for wc in 05 they were one of ther most disciplined confident teams I saw especially on offense. Last year they didn't look like the same team especially on offense.

Good observation and well stated. The spring is for teaching and learning. Teaching new plays, formations, schemes, etc. Learning what players can and cannot do at different positions. You may loose 4 - 1 but if you found a player to play a position that needed to be filled, you win.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(WCDAD @ Apr 3 2007 - 07:12 PM) 826429207[/snapback]As a Wilson Central Parent of a graduating player this year, there is only one way to go after the horrible season we had last year. There was a comment made by a member of Coach T to the effect that we had some crybaby seniors with unrealistic expectations..Well, I have a really good idea who you are. If you have those kind of feelings for the kids that are/were supposed to carry your team Coach, then it's no wonder that they didn't win. The only way to go for the Cats is Up Up Up !! I don't look for the Cats to do too much this year collectively but look for some stellar performances from the likes of Connor McChurch and J.T. Majors. Outside of those 2, it's anyones guess !! Ross Strong could have a great year if he comes out with the attitude. He is a great athelete and has the ability to make a difference!! Good Luck Wildcats from a parent who is going to miss having a player in the game.

Signed,

Big B

Call me crazy but I find it odd that suddenly a group of players have been drug out to the gallows because of an eledged conspiracy to underperform. I think they just achieved the goals that were set for the team last year. It was some of these Seniors that were there the night that WC posted a W for the first time in school history. There were more seniors present the following year when the team went to playoffs for the first time in school history. And finally most all the seniors were present the next year when WC hosted a post-season game at home. All of these were goals set by our former coach and the boys delivered. To say they wanted to give up and go out as losers is just a smoke screen for some. One thing for certain time will tell whether it was a few 17 or 18 years olds shaping WC football competition or adults. I really hope the team does well this year but I felt compelled to take up for these boys and shed some new light. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(WCopinion1 @ Jun 6 2007 - 07:28 AM) 826472000[/snapback]Call me crazy but I find it odd that suddenly a group of players have been drug out to the gallows because of an eledged conspiracy to underperform. I think they just achieved the goals that were set for the team last year. It was some of these Seniors that were there the night that WC posted a W for the first time in school history. There were more seniors present the following year when the team went to playoffs for the first time in school history. And finally most all the seniors were present the next year when WC hosted a post-season game at home. All of these were goals set by our former coach and the boys delivered. To say they wanted to give up and go out as losers is just a smoke screen for some. One thing for certain time will tell whether it was a few 17 or 18 years olds shaping WC football competition or adults. I really hope the team does well this year but I felt compelled to take up for these boys and shed some new light. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

OK, you are crazy. You did say to call you crazy!

ole