Pigeon Forge Falls to Union Co.!

rSquared

QUOTE(themhlman @ Jan 17 2007 - 12:08 AM) 826334547[/snapback]

did pf not play well and have too much confidence in themselves or was Union well prepared and really pumped up?...its probably good the boys finally lost it should only make them better id say the next time they play union it wont even be close

U N B E L I E V A B L E. Just goes to show you, Union loses to GP by a bunch, turns around and beats PF. GP lost to a good Claiborne team at Claiborne in double overtime in a heartbreaker. GP had a chance to win in regulation and in the first overtime at the buzzer and it wouldn't fall. I haven't seen a GP team play like this in years and years. Beatty has them playing well and believing in themselves.

QUOTE(jcflash @ Jan 17 2007 - 12:24 AM) 826334589[/snapback]

U N B E L I E V A B L E. Just goes to show you, Union loses to GP by a bunch, turns around and beats PF. GP lost to a good Claiborne team at Claiborne in double overtime in a heartbreaker. GP had a chance to win in regulation and in the first overtime at the buzzer and it wouldn't fall. I haven't seen a GP team play like this in years and years. Beatty has them playing well and believing in themselves.

well the way he talks youd think they would be unstopable. how did the new guy from gp do? he is supposed to be good enough to beat teams by himself

QUOTE(themhlman @ Jan 17 2007 - 12:08 AM) 826334547[/snapback]

did pf not play well and have too much confidence in themselves or was Union well prepared and really pumped up?...its probably good the boys finally lost it should only make them better id say the next time they play union it wont even be close

PF got down by 10 at the end of the first and the start of the 2nd. Tied at half time and at the end of the 3rd PF was up 9. I think UC hit two 3s on the 1st 2 pos. and got the crowd into it and the refs out of it lol. From what I was told PF is 0-4 at UC in the past 4 years. I guess it's just one of those places that has PF's number

QUOTE(themhlman @ Jan 17 2007 - 12:30 AM) 826334595[/snapback]

well the way he talks youd think they would be unstopable. how did the new guy from gp do? he is supposed to be good enough to beat teams by himself

Great time for PF to lose going into the showdown with Claiborne on Friday night. Coach Wright will no doubt have them ready to play. The Union upset just shows how tight the district is really becoming. Should be some fun come tournament time. Looks like anyone can beat anyone on any given night. PF and Claiborne obviously. Union and GP both have big wins. Really impressed GP was able to take Claiborne to overtime with the chance to win. They are very well coached. & Gap is in there as well after hangin in tight with PF. It's all up for grabs. And if Mcbee gets hot it could be a six team race. It's gonna be fun boys.

QUOTE(Diamond2 @ Jan 17 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826334703[/snapback]

Great time for PF to lose going into the showdown with Claiborne on Friday night. Coach Wright will no doubt have them ready to play. The Union upset just shows how tight the district is really becoming. Should be some fun come tournament time. Looks like anyone can beat anyone on any given night. PF and Claiborne obviously. Union and GP both have big wins. Really impressed GP was able to take Claiborne to overtime with the chance to win. They are very well coached. & Gap is in there as well after hangin in tight with PF. It's all up for grabs. And if Mcbee gets hot it could be a six team race. It's gonna be fun boys.

PF is really good. They are well coached. But, everyone will be really up for them each week, twice a week. They can't be up for everyone. These gyms are hard to play in with loud, raucous fans and officials who get caught up in the action. Comebacks are intensified by fans and officials. Nothing is a sure thing. The talent on all these teams is fairly good and fairly equal, with the possible exception of PF. I've said before that PF is abundantly talented and they are, but they are talented for the roles they play (shooters, passers, etc.) rather than being a stable of thoroughbred athletes.