Cloudland spanked Unaka

THE KING

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Jan 20 2007 - 05:01 PM) 826339167[/snapback]

Well maybe he hasn't been brought before the board because his daddy runs it??? I don't understand why you're trying to protect a pedophile.

Nobody is trying to protect a pedophile. My advice was to watch what you say because if you don't have proof or facts and you call specific names you can be held liable. No offense but alot of people know who you are and it wouldn't be hard for others to find out and you might just get a call you don't want. If the parents don't come forward to make something stick or it's not brought to the authorities attention then you best keep your mouth SHUT. I don't want this to happen or the persons responsible to get by with it anymore than the next person but you have to use common sense sometimes and I'm wondering if you have any with your bold print signatures. Sounds to me like your going to get your goose cooked by alot of people with all the comments you've been making. Sometimes it's better to observe than to speak.

QUOTE(cucry @ Jan 22 2007 - 09:36 AM) 826340810[/snapback]

Nobody is trying to protect a pedophile. My advice was to watch what you say because if you don't have proof or facts and you call specific names you can be held liable. No offense but alot of people know who you are and it wouldn't be hard for others to find out and you might just get a call you don't want. If the parents don't come forward to make something stick or it's not brought to the authorities attention then you best keep your mouth SHUT. I don't want this to happen or the persons responsible to get by with it anymore than the next person but you have to use common sense sometimes and I'm wondering if you have any with your bold print signatures. Sounds to me like your going to get your goose cooked by alot of people with all the comments you've been making. Sometimes it's better to observe than to speak.

I apprecieate the advice, really I do... But I know people know who I am, and I don't really care. I don't put anything on here that I wouldn't tell anyone else.

I don't think you understand. You can be charged with slander. You are not in high school anymore. You are now accountable for your own actions. Look, I was really angry at some of the personal remarks you made to me on here, but when I saw you in person, it broke my heart. I could never lay a finger on you, because I swear under heaven, that I have never met a bigger loser than you. However, not everyone is as sympathetic as me. You are going to run into someone with bigger pythons than I've got, and you will say the wrong thing and they will make quick work of you. You need to look in the mirror, son. You can't whip ANYBODY, and you can't take up for yourself, but pretty soon your luck is going to run out. YOU are not the King. If you are going to talk big on here, you better hit the weights or go to the firing range, because one day, someone is going to knock on your door or ring your telephone. It happened to me. Be careful what you say on here. In your case, it would be better to not say anything at all!

QUOTE(THE KING @ Jan 23 2007 - 06:36 AM) 826341996[/snapback]

I don't think you understand. You can be charged with slander. You are not in high school anymore. You are now accountable for your own actions. Look, I was really angry at some of the personal remarks you made to me on here, but when I saw you in person, it broke my heart. I could never lay a finger on you, because I swear under heaven, that I have never met a bigger loser than you. However, not everyone is as sympathetic as me. You are going to run into someone with bigger pythons than I've got, and you will say the wrong thing and they will make quick work of you. You need to look in the mirror, son. You can't whip ANYBODY, and you can't take up for yourself, but pretty soon your luck is going to run out. YOU are not the King. If you are going to talk big on here, you better hit the weights or go to the firing range, because one day, someone is going to knock on your door or ring your telephone. It happened to me. Be careful what you say on here. In your case, it would be better to not say anything at all!

What's the story King? Did Sportiemom get ahold of you and shove your crown up into the Netherland's?

I'm sure sportiemom would have liked to gotta hold of me a few times! All of my confrontations have been with people in my own community. Thats how it goes most of the time. Some people take things more seriously than others. You may be walking around somewhere and someone jumps in your face and cusses you out for something you said 3 months ago on coacht. With that being said, I believe Rangerbook needs to be put on moderator control just like I have so many times. He's cursed more than once on this board and slanders and starts more trouble than I ever dreamed of starting. I'm just scared for his well being.

I'm not too sure where to start....

Let's start with tradition. It's simply amazing that someone like you, RANGER87, could make some of the excuses that you have made about the Unaka High School basketball program. You should know what tradition is and always has been.... you've seen it from the outside. Your son wears a silver ring and that must be what has you so upset. Maybe denouncing tradition is the simple fact that you realize you may have a bigger stake in it than what you thought you had (i.e. junior). I will agree that tradition is more than t-shirts, turkey sandwiches and conference titles. It's a RESPONSIBILITY left solely in the hands of the seniors to carry on. Not by wins and losses, but by actions on and off the court. But fear not, it will be once again, because that's the great thing about high school sports.... problems do tend to leave (or graduate). The underclassmen will learn a lesson, beit good or bad, that they will have a choice to right the ship and it has been done in the past. According to the history (i.e. tradition) of Unaka Basketball, it will happen.

There's no doubt about it, these are good boys. Are they going to burn the school down... no. Are they doing drugs... no. Are they going to make the grades... of course. However, basketball is four months and life is year-round. Will these young men find places of employment with no expectations, no pressure to produce, and no tradition to compete to be the best? Sounds like a cozy little job to me (trust me, it doesn't exist, but if it does I would like to know where). Might want to be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it.

As for the two seniors, you're in a tough spot, but no tougher than any senior(s) before you. This team will go as you decide, good or bad. This is the fourth year in the program for both of you, and it's nothing suprising or new. The pecking order doesn't fall your way because somebody decided it should be that way... it is the way it is because life is no different. The responsibility you have is a result of staying in the program. Deal with it.

This is my first and last response to this thread, and I know the Ranger faithful who have been part of the tradition will speak their minds..... if it is even needed now.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Jan 26 2007 - 06:38 AM) 826346507[/snapback]

Why don't you take all this crying about your failed tradition to another thread. A new tradition has arrived, dawning the colors of blue and gold.

You might want to take the advice you gave Rangerbook - just keep your mouth shut on this subject - it's none of your concern.