CENTENNIAL VS. INDEPENDENCE

CHS 2007

QUOTE(hsbball67 @ Jan 23 2007 - 09:28 PM) 826343052[/snapback]

Indy 76

CHS 68

CHS had the lead most of the game, up as high as 17 but Indy came back in the 4th for the win. Tough game, both teams played really hard, but Indy showed they can play with the "red-hot" CHS team and showed they aren't just all hype. CHS, you guys are for real, all the best to you on the rest of the season.

No, Indy...you are for real! Kuchar is by far top PG in the County and ranks among the state. Easily.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

granted Kuchar is a good player, but the state? Let's be real. If he actually played team ball that might be the case. We seriously should have won this game. If we meet up in the district....CHS will rule! MArk my words. Independence has some great talent. I'll give Kuchar some props, he's a good player. But, you'll never make it further than district with a two man show. I know other players on that team can shoot and play ball. I watched them for years. Apparently, every play is designed for Kuchar. And I don't even know where to start with the Farris kid. He shoots every time he touches the ball. I must admit though, he has the best stupid looking jumps in the air! Get a clue, you're not Michael Jordan. Nick Luttrell did not have a great night tonight or Will Johnson. Austin ray steps in and plays some good D. I think we all know that Drew is the truth! He's the best big man in the region, possibly the state! I sure hope we get to meet up one more time. And by the way, theres no way a two man show can take franklin down on Friday--So prepare to mark up another big "L".

QUOTE(chspridecougar08 @ Jan 23 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826343098[/snapback]

granted Kuchar is a good player, but the state? Let's be real. If he actually played team ball that might be the case. We seriously should have won this game. If we meet up in the district....CHS will rule! MArk my words. Independence has some great talent. I'll give Kuchar some props, he's a good player. But, you'll never make it further than district with a two man show. I know other players on that team can shoot and play ball. I watched them for years. Apparently, every play is designed for Kuchar. And I don't even know where to start with the Farris kid. He shoots every time he touches the ball. I must admit though, he has the best stupid looking jumps in the air! Get a clue, you're not Michael Jordan. Nick Luttrell did not have a great night tonight or Will Johnson. Austin ray steps in and plays some good D. I think we all know that Drew is the truth! He's the best big man in the region, possibly the state! I sure hope we get to meet up one more time. And by the way, theres no way a two man show can take franklin down on Friday--So prepare to mark up another big "L".

CHS will fall by another 10 pts if they meet again, and who cares if Kuchar isnt best in state? He's good enough to rally Indy past CHS, so that's good enough for me. Granted, Wes played another REALLY iffy game, but he made some free throws when they counted and really got his act together in the 4th. Props to him and Kuchar. Luttrell had some pts in the 4th, but Kelly didnt have a specacular game either so it doesnt really matter. In the end the 4th quarter everyone contributed. You're just upset cause you lost.

And I wouldn't be too sure about Franklin. Only a 10pt win over Overton tonight, I think they have peaked but I dont want to talk too early about it. Indy's play is completely hot and cold, but Friday's game should definitely be another good one

I'll have to say cougaro8 nailed this one. Indy has some great talent, but they just don't play good team ball. I can post a unbiased comment here, since I have no children playing for either team. I will also agree that unless they learn team ball by Friday , I will also predict Franklin to win. It may work now for the disrtict, but it won't work when you step up against White's Creek or ANtioch, both of which I have watched play. Because what happens when the Kuchar kid has an off night, and it will happen. They forced shots all night Kuchar and #20 when other people were wide open. I like to call it selfish, but that's just me. He's a great player but the coach better step in and alter something or I promise your trip will end with the 1st playoff game. I'm pulling for you so I hope I'm wrong. I'm just calling it by what I saw tonight.

Hey buddy...

76-68.

TELL YOUR TEAM TO SHOW UP IN THE SECOND HALF NEXT TIME!

30-11 in the fourth quarter. Did you guys even watch the tape of the Franklin game?

We all know that every time there is a big comeback, there is an equally as big collapse. You should just go and drink your Kool Aid and shut up after a loss like that. I don't see CHS 2007 or zoosee "talkin' that noise."

Take your medicine. You lost the game. You blew it in the second half and that's that. Don't try to belittle anything. Just move on and try to win the next one.

Speaking of balanced scoring...Indy may have had 2 big scorers tonight, but you yourself admitted that two of them had off nights.

Centennial ONLY has three players that can do anything with the ball. Kelly is just rock solid, James...er Harris cannot be outrebounded and he's playing very well, and McLemore has a killer shot. That's it, though. There's not a role player that will step up and drop 10 in the event that one of those guys have an off night. Indy still his Luttrell, Johnson, King, Burdette, and Ray, all of whom have dropped 15+ points in multiple games in their HS careers.

Say what you want about Kuchar, but he stepped his game up to a new level in the 4th quarter. He was NOT about to let us lose.

Tough one to swallow for CHS. They absolutely fell apart in the first two minutes of the fourth.

A two man show? Have you seen any of the other Indy basketball games? The team is filled with role players like Austin Ray, T.K., Elizha Burdette, and Travis Edington. Sure Kuchar is the focal point offense, but we have 5 guys on that court who can make something happen. Farris's "stupid looking jumps in the air" produced points tonight, something that you can't deny. This post was almost as classless as the CHS fan in the #31 jersey doing the D-X crotch chops at the end of the game. NICE!

P.S. Drew "The Truth" Kelly didn't do much tonight. He's an amazing player, but tonight definently wasn't a night where Drew played like the best big man in the region. He was outshown by Lebr... uh Lamont Harris tonight.

QUOTE(gpl2xc @ Jan 23 2007 - 10:17 PM) 826343190[/snapback]

A two man show? Have you seen any of the other Indy basketball games? The team is filled with role players like Austin Ray, T.K., Elizha Burdette, and Travis Edington. Sure Kuchar is the focal point offense, but we have 5 guys on that court who can make something happen. Farris's "stupid looking jumps in the air" produced points tonight, something that you can't deny. This post was almost as classless as the CHS fan in the #31 jersey doing the D-X crotch chops at the end of the game. NICE!

P.S. Drew "The Truth" Kelly didn't do much tonight. He's an amazing player, but tonight definently wasn't a night where Drew played like the best big man in the region. He was outshown by Lebr... uh Lamont Harris tonight.

Yes it was very nice to see the revival of the S*CK IT! manuever. He really delved into the depths of his brain to think of that one.

Ahh the infinite wisdom of some fans...

When IHS gets down Kuchar carries them. Call it what you want, but the Eagles didn't quit when they were down. Why did they stop going inside to Kelley and Harris? And talk about someone who shoots a lot, McLemore never met a shot he didn't like. And lastly the CHS fans. The student section was boisterous for how many that were there. IHS brought more fans than CHS. The IHS fans were quiet until the second half. The administration really gets on them about what they can and can't say. I think the first half they were protesting by not getting into the game as much. Plus CHS came out lights out to start the game.

Granted Kuchar comes up big in clutch situations and has put the team on his back atleast 3-4 times I can recall for the W. Granted Kuchar put up 34 against CHS pal. That "two man" show did also BEAT you tonight and has swept YOU for the year. Good teams finish games..your up by 18 at one point and then look at the final..thought so. Good teams come back when it matters and good teams do what it takes for the W. Two teams didnt win tonight. Sure lots of plays are called for Kuchar and we know darn well CHS knew this. 34 Points. Sorry. That Farris kid also dropped 19. Jumping or not..19 is 19. Nick had a below average night. We usually get 10 - 10+. But your superstar NBA talent DK didnt drop 50 on us so im happy. Lamonts QUADRUPLE double also didnt happen. I think the Miami Heat lost interest in Shaq's replacement after the game tonight ..And as for your "Two Man Show".. it put a W in our column tonight. I do also hope we meet up again. Id love to brag on 3 W's against CHS for the year. Wheres all the CHS posters now? Wheres all the CHS stats now? Indy didnt have to post or brag or bring up BS stats cause we show up. Thanks again.

As a fan of good basketball this game was a lot of fun too watch. The Coach at Indy out coached CHS. Up 18 points in the first half and not able to close the door. How about a time out when someone makes a run. Also, for most of the game CHS the refs were on your side. This was the worse officiated game I have seen in a long time. Some people were saying that two of the officals also did the JV games. Who schedules refs for 4 games in a day.

Anyway the game was good and the district tourny should be even better.