CENTENNIAL VS. INDEPENDENCE

CHS 2007

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest the game made me sick last night, and I am not even a fan for either school. Itr was extremely dissappointing to see chs loose after playing 3 great qtrs and throwing it away in the 4th, but thats bball and it happens.

Indy won the game because of two things:

1. Kuchar, scored all night, if you dont put a hand in his face he will score.

2. defensive trap, they did a great job taking advantage of chs putting themseleves in bad positions on the floor.

As for an overall team I honestly do not think Indy is that great. They have one playmaking and two depending on the night. They play good defense every once in awhile and are very inconsistent. As for the indy big man, Wow could not be more unimpressed with his play since the break. He is soft does not move his feet and its a shame someone with such a gifted frame can not take advantage of it.

As for chs the played a great first half protecting the play, making open shots and getting downlow and to the big but about halfway through the third it all went down hill form, they just collapsed.

I do think chs is rising ande should make alot of noise come playoff time and Lamont Harris has improved tremendously since the break, maybe the most improved in the district. I look for good things soon out of this club.

Lastly this is for donathan, I was amazed at all the classless fans i saw at the game, mostly on the indy. I could not believe my eyes. Just thought I would mention them because it looks like you forgot to on this thread.

My pick for friday: chs over hickman

fhs over indy

Classless fans?! Explain please? Indy's fans show up to every road game, never give up on their team, even when they get down by 18 points in the 3rd quarter, and don't even bother with the petty 'we can't hear you' or 'over rated' chants.

I will say that there are a few fans, myself included, who do and say things out of character when they get upset, but if you've ever been to a game after we lose you never see us trying to get in people's faces and talk smack as CHS did last night.

Say what you want about IHS and it's fans. Say what you want about The basketball team being carried by one player. The bottom line is that our record is 18-3 and 10-2 in the district. We keep putting up the W. and that's all that matters. It's ridiculous for other school's fans to tell us to "Wait till someone else blows you out so we can feel better about ourselves."...Good sportsmanship.

QUOTE(Indyhigh2007 @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:28 PM) 826344109[/snapback]

Classless fans?! Explain please? Indy's fans show up to every road game, never give up on their team, even when they get down by 18 points in the 3rd quarter, and don't even bother with the petty 'we can't hear you' or 'over rated' chants.

I will say that there are a few fans, myself included, who do and say things out of character when they get upset, but if you've ever been to a game after we lose you never see us trying to get in people's faces and talk smack as CHS did last night.

Say what you want about IHS and it's fans. Say what you want about The basketball team being carried by one player. The bottom line is that our record is 18-3 and 10-2 in the district. We keep putting up the W. and that's all that matters. It's ridiculous for other school's fans to tell us to "Wait till someone else blows you out so we can feel better about ourselves."...Good sportsmanship.

haha it was a little sarcasm, cool off a little, but to be honest I am not a fan of the kill chants......ex: kill the zebras. Is that appropriate?

congrats to indy you can shoot free-throws! did anyone else watch the 4th qtr.

~lamont down low going up for a layup, has a indy player with his head in his chest, but lamont gets a blocking foul

~drew down low gets a charge foul while an indy player is basically punching him in the back

~lamont on a fast break draws 2 fouls a charge and blocking foul...ball ends up going out of bounds, no foul called, indy ball

crap like that happened the intire 4 qtr. and you all sit here and wonder why centennial blew. these are high school kids with a alot of emotion wrapped in the game, and things(reffing) gets outta control, and they get frustated it happens to everyone.

kuchar 34 pts. id bet close 20 from those were off free throws, not a great last night. indy is a 1-2 man team, with a someone ussualy playing a good defense but no offenese(luttrel)

and about class, centennial has tons of class, more than indy does. those jerseys some of us were wearing were cause coach kelly gave one kid all those jerseys and told him to hand em out at the bwood game, and wear the rest of the season...he gave the jerseys to the guys who were at every football game, whove been at every bball game, the kids who come to school with no voice cause theyd been yelling so much the night before! amd granted there are many more students who fall into that catorgory than the ones with jerseys. so thanks coach for all you do!!!

indy yelling "kill em" repeadtly throughout the 4 qtr. thats alot of class, lemme tell ya

QUOTE(wysiwyg @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826344274[/snapback]

~lamont down low going up for a layup, has a indy player with his head in his chest, but lamont gets a blocking foul

~drew down low gets a charge foul while an indy player is basically punching him in the back

~lamont on a fast break draws 2 fouls a charge and blocking foul...ball ends up going out of bounds, no foul called, indy ball

crap like that happened the intire 4 qtr. and you all sit here and wonder why centennial blew. these are high school kids with a alot of emotion wrapped in the game, and things(reffing) gets outta control, and they get frustated it happens to everyone.

kuchar 34 pts. id bet close 20 from those were off free throws, not a great tonight. indy is a 1-2 man team, with a someone ussualy playing a good defense but no offenese(luttrel)

and about class, centennial has tons of class, more than indy does. those jerseys some of us were wearing were cause coach kelly gave one kid all those jerseys and told him to hand em out at the game, and wear the rest of the season...he gave the jerseys to the guys who were at every football game, whove been at every bball game, the kids who come to school with no voice cause theyd been yelling so much the night before! amd granted there are many more students who fall into that catorgory than the ones with jerseys. so thanks coach for all you do!!!

indy yelling "kill em" repeadtly throughout the 4 qtr. thats alot of class, lemme tell ya

There were plenty of bad calls to go around and a lot of them went against IHS also. I talsked to Coach Kelly before the game and he mentioned he passed out the old jerseys for kids to wear. That was cool. he "kill the zebras" chant was off color, but CHS had a few also. The "you stink" cheer made famous at Predator's games and the "cry Nick cry" were heard all night. You need some new material. At least be creative and come up with something yourself. Nick is way beyond those days. IHS's principal bans them from saying the work "stinks" and will probably squelch the "kill the zebra" chant. At least IHS didn't have a small group of supporters on the visitor's side whooping and hollering all night. Also, what is with Centennial, Brentwood, and Franklin telling the away students they can't sit behind their bench? It's not that way at IHS, although they might change it now since everyone else does it. HS kids are HS kids and they will chant things during a game. As long as it doesn't get too vulgar or personal, who cares. Both sides were doing it. Relax.

QUOTE(wysiwyg @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826344274[/snapback]

kuchar 34 pts. id bet close 20 from those were off free throws, not a great last night. indy is a 1-2 man team, with a someone ussualy playing a good defense but no offenese(luttrel)

and about class, centennial has tons of class, more than indy does. those jerseys some of us were wearing were cause coach kelly gave one kid all those jerseys and told him to hand em out at the bwood game, and wear the rest of the season...he gave the jerseys to the guys who were at every football game, whove been at every bball game, the kids who come to school with no voice cause theyd been yelling so much the night before! amd granted there are many more students who fall into that catorgory than the ones with jerseys. so thanks coach for all you do!!!

Shut up. I said on the IHS-Franklin thread that no group of fans has any right to call another group of fans classless...every student section is classless, whether they like it or not. That's perfectly okay...it's a part of the game. Fan sections don't need to be respectful and courteous to their opponents.

After the Franklin game, I pointed out a specific individual because he went above and beyond. His actions were reprehensible and he was handled by Mrs. Dickerson.

Centennial chanted "Cry Nick Cry" every time he touched the ball...so is it really fair to say that Indy chanting "kill 'em" was that much worse? Neither is a classy chant, but I don't ever want to be called classy fans. Classy fans aren't loud.

And just before anyone jumps on sparty, CoachT's web filter automatically changes the word s*ck to stink. Just clarifying that for the future.

And wysiwyg, did you notice all of the calls that went Centennial's way in the first half? It happens...it's a part of the game. Lamont climbed up Tyler King's back to get a rebound and there was no call. High school officiating is always terrible, and in this game it was terrible for both teams.

Centennial did not lose because of officiating. That's blasphemy. Centennial is a young team that hasn't quite learned how to close out a victory yet. They had some major turnovers down the stretch and took some poor shots. That's okay; in the future, they will take the knowledge gained from this game and use it to their advantage.

QUOTE(Indyhigh2007 @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:28 PM) 826344109[/snapback]

Really? Let's hear why you lost the Dickson County game.......

Ultimately, the majority of the administration at Independence is power-hungry and overly eager to punish people for any miniscule offense. When you're in the spotlight (as Zac is/was), people will always be trying to bring you down. He made a bad move, but on the grand scale, what he did wasn't that bad. However, when he walked into the assistant principal's offense, he was told--before he even had a chance to sit down--that he had two ISSes and was unable to play Friday.

Dude, Indy lost by 7. WITH A SOPHMORE QB. If Cordell doesnt jack the burger, this game would have been the COMPLETE other way. Period.

Or it probably would have been atleast 40 smacked on DC with a real QB. 27 points with a SOPHMORE who hasnt started an IHS game to date.

are you joking? ya a qb who before this week was in the top 5 in passing yards and led the state in passing td's WITH already having the bye week. but your right, he wouldnt have made a difference...

But it is fair to say that it would've been a different game with Cordell in there. Nick Smith had one day of practice knowing he would be the starter.

Thank all of you at Indy that realize you under the control of an absolute moron who hates sports and enjoyed slapping the coaching staff and football team in the face.

Please be careful she has no mency or compassion

I only recognize one of those quotes as my own and nowhere in it do I see an excuse. More of an observation/account of the events that took place in Oyer-Johnson's office.

I think the second-to-last one might be my property, and I don't think it's an excuse either. Pettigrew had 32 carries in that game. If Cordell plays, Pettigrew gets 10-15 tops. I personally think that Cordell playing would've made Indy lose by more than 7.

Some of those quotes are excuses. People often make excuses for their team's shortcomings. I try to pride myself on not making them. CHS, you've been a good poster and I haven't often seen you making excuses for your team...but chspride is a different story.

Another plus for the CHS fans? Look at us during football season. There was a pretty big number of us that traveled sometimes an hour-and-a-half away to see a game we knew we were gonna lose. But you know what, we showed up, we supported our team, and our players and coaches appreciated that more than anything.