CENTENNIAL VS. INDEPENDENCE

CHS 2007

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:37 PM) 826344337[/snapback]

Another plus for the CHS fans? Look at us during football season. There was a pretty big number of us that traveled sometimes an hour-and-a-half away to see a game we knew we were gonna lose. But you know what, we showed up, we supported our team, and our players and coaches appreciated that more than anything.

Before someone jumps on you, I will say that I was impressed with your turnout for Senior Night...you guys were 0-8 and still packed it in.

We were 7-3 and we had maybe 20 people. There are maybe 30-40 diehard Indy fans and that's it. There are a ton of people there just to stand around and be there.

Can we stop talking about fans? If we have nothing left to say about the tremendous game that took place between these two teams, then we need to go our separate ways and talk about our upcoming matchups on Friday.

QUOTE(donathan5507 @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826344334[/snapback]

I only recognize one of those quotes as my own and nowhere in it do I see an excuse. More of an observation/account of the events that took place in Oyer-Johnson's office.

I think the second-to-last one might be my property, and I don't think it's an excuse either. Pettigrew had 32 carries in that game. If Cordell plays, Pettigrew gets 10-15 tops. I personally think that Cordell playing would've made Indy lose by more than 7.

Some of those quotes are excuses. People often make excuses for their team's shortcomings. I try to pride myself on not making them. CHS, you've been a good poster and I haven't often seen you making excuses for your team...but chspride is a different story.

Thanks for that. And I'll admit there have been a few fans on here (wysiwig, chspride) that have done nothing but come on here and make excuses, but just don't judge the entire CHS population based on those few, because we truly are some of the classiest fans on here.

The Dickson saga was just a few pieces of evidence I found from people using the Cordell incident as an excuse for losing that game. One could have also mentioned the 15 penalties, the turnovers, or the fact that Dickson is just a good team. Whether you agree with what happened or not, it still happened, and you have to deal with it.

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:44 PM) 826344346[/snapback]

Thanks for that. And I'll admit there have been a few fans on here (wysiwig, chspride) that have done nothing but come on here and make excuses, but just don't judge the entire CHS population based on those few, because we truly are some of the classiest fans on here.

The Dickson saga was just a few pieces of evidence I found from people using the Cordell incident as an excuse for losing that game. One could have also mentioned the 15 penalties, the turnovers, or the fact that Dickson is just a good team. Whether you agree with what happened or not, it still happened, and you have to deal with it.

I did. Read through my old ones again.

QUOTE(donathan5507 @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:27 PM) 826344329[/snapback]

Shut up. I said on the IHS-Franklin thread that no group of fans has any right to call another group of fans classless...every student section is classless, whether they like it or not. That's perfectly okay...it's a part of the game. Fan sections don't need to be respectful and courteous to their opponents.

After the Franklin game, I pointed out a specific individual because he went above and beyond. His actions were reprehensible and he was handled by Mrs. Dickerson.

Centennial chanted "Cry Nick Cry" every time he touched the ball...so is it really fair to say that Indy chanting "kill 'em" was that much worse? Neither is a classy chant, but I don't ever want to be called classy fans. Classy fans aren't loud.

And just before anyone jumps on sparty, CoachT's web filter automatically changes the word s*ck to stink. Just clarifying that for the future.

And wysiwyg, did you notice all of the calls that went Centennial's way in the first half? It happens...it's a part of the game. Lamont climbed up Tyler King's back to get a rebound and there was no call. High school officiating is always terrible, and in this game it was terrible for both teams.

Centennial did not lose because of officiating. That's blasphemy. Centennial is a young team that hasn't quite learned how to close out a victory yet. They had some major turnovers down the stretch and took some poor shots. That's okay; in the future, they will take the knowledge gained from this game and use it to their advantage.

ok first off dont ever tell me to shutup. im not tyring to act big and cool online by saying that, but it annoys the heck outta me when poeple who dont know me at all tell me to shutup.

i agree with you on the whole class thing...but somethings just need to be called out, "kill" is an aweful word and consitly tossed around kinda like "hate" thats why i brought that up, and with the "cry nick cry" i dont see that being that bad, but i guess if your on the other end of that chant, then i mabye.

now for my "excuses" i was mearly pointing things out in the game (if it been the other way 'round some indy fan woulda done the same) and i was typing that as the bell rang for school to let out and i wanted add but didnt have time too...

that i would never blame an intire loss of the officiating, thats stupid and ignorant. but when a team has a big lead late like CHS did, and suddenly a team makes a run, then gets bad some calls against them and see their lead of 15 dwindle 10, then 7, and so forth, its frustating and it showed on the court with bad passes and poor shots. and before you know it your lead is gone, and youre the one trying to get back in it with virtually no momenteum. and like you said donathon were a young team, and thats what happens, and it happened with indy the 1st half, they got half time to regroup and came out did what had to be done.

so call what i said an excuse but know me and understand my thought process first, i dont often make excuses, i whine alot and ill be the first to admit that!

and i wonna say this just i think this great...when we beat bwood friday (the night we got the jerseys) at about 2-3 mins. left coach kelly looked over towards the student section with the biggest smile, and had 2 thumbs up, and was mouthing the words "great job, thanks, keep it up" that was kinda a priceless moment, and coach cause i know you read these, i said it at the end football season, that we'd be behind this year no matter what. and that we have been, and i wonna say thank you on behalf of all the students for making this a great and exciting season, and supporting us with jerseys, as we support you!!!

...what do you say we call this thread closed, and move on to this fridays game...