CENTENNIAL VS. INDEPENDENCE

CHS 2007

I have to apolgize to my boys on the IHS squad. My dumb*** left during the middle of the 3rd quarter when IHS was down 13 -15 & not making much of a dent at all into the CHS lead. I was livid with several of the referees calls. Had to get out of that gym to save my voice. A previous post mentioned that 2 of the refs also worked both jv games...you are correct. MT B-Ball Officials Association blew an assignment on that. Good job tonight fellas, also the ladies too.

Good luck both IHS teams this Friday vs Franklin.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wildcats5454 @ Jan 23 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826343291[/snapback]

As a fan of good basketball this game was a lot of fun too watch. The Coach at Indy out coached CHS. Up 18 points in the first half and not able to close the door. How about a time out when someone makes a run. Also, for most of the game CHS the refs were on your side. This was the worse officiated game I have seen in a long time. Some people were saying that two of the officals also did the JV games. Who schedules refs for 4 games in a day.

Anyway the game was good and the district tourny should be even better.

I failed to mention the refs, but that was absolutely the worst officiated game I have seen and mostly from just one of the officials. The calls went CHS's way the first part of the game and IHS got the benefit of some late. Why when up 18 you want to get in a run and gun I don't know. The CHS team has talent for sure. Harris is a jumping freak and Kelley is a rock on the inside. He has great touch around the hoop. This sets up a huge game at IHS this Friday against Franklin. Better get there early to get a seat. I know the Franklin fans will show up at an away game better than the CHS fans did for a home game.

[

Thanks for all the stats little cub. by the way, I'm not your pal

I'm with you Kuchar is a good player but one person doesn't win a game. as for Farris, heck if i shot that many times I'd have 19 too, and I can't even play basketball. lucky for you your team played great d and shots just happen to fall in the 4th quarter. and if we do meet up again, don't be so sure you'll add anothr W. I'm sure the rest of the chs posters are collaberating their thoughts for tom. Lamont played well as did our superstar NBA boy, don't be jealous of them. We'll see if your so handy with your little stats after friday nights game. Go ahead and put the L in the column because it's coming! we'll take ours for tonight but I think you saw a different team and we just keep getting better. Yea, by the way, what did your big man put up? Drew is the best big man around at only a sophmore! oh and little cub you have to just admit your player that thinks he's jordan looks like a complete joke 19 points or not.

quote name='chspridecougar08' date='Jan 23 2007 - 11:28 PM' post='826343414']

[

Thanks for all the stats little cub. by the way, I'm not your pal

I'm with you Kuchar is a good player but one person doesn't win a game. as for Farris, heck if i shot that many times I'd have 19 too, and I can't even play basketball. lucky for you your team played great d and shots just happen to fall in the 4th quarter. and if we do meet up again, don't be so sure you'll add anothr W. I'm sure the rest of the chs posters are collaberating their thoughts for tom. Lamont played well as did our superstar NBA boy, don't be jealous of them. We'll see if your so handy with your little stats after friday nights game. Go ahead and put the L in the column because it's coming! we'll take ours for tonight but I think you saw a different team and we just keep getting better. Yea, by the way, what did your big man put up? Drew is the best big man around at only a sophmore! oh and little cub you have to just admit your player that thinks he's jordan looks like a complete joke 19 points or not.

You are an embarassment to your fanbase, you know that?

NEED I REMIND YOU?

76-68

Last I checked, you might want to concern yourself with your own team. You've dropped four in a row to this "weak" Indy team.

And those posters that are "collaborating" (I took to the liberty of correcting your spelling) their thoughts are doing the right thing because they aren't making complete and total fools of themselves. (PS--CHS 2007 and zoosee...please don't prove me wrong. Please?)

You want to talk about forcing shots? Allante McLemore anyone? He pulls every single time...sometimes he looks like he's got sweet touch, other times it's way off. He had 16 and probably had similar shooting numbers, especially after the first quarter.

Oh, and by the way. We aren't jealous. We got the victory...what do we have to be jealous of?

Congrats IHS, you guys schooled us tonight. And I did get outcoached, I forgot to teach my young guns how to handle a senior laiden team who says ok you are not going to run us any more. Kouch did a great job of getting his mind under control and slowing the game down, and picking us apart.Coach Henrie did a great job of picking and chosing his traps. I am extrememly proud of my boys, we are still learning and getting better all of the time. I remember a bunch of IHS sophs who had to figure things out also. Here is the best part.... I get to coach a great bunch of kids tomorrow, and the next day, and we aren't even close to what we are going to be, but we are gettin there.

QUOTE(bkelly @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:39 PM) 826343428[/snapback]

Congrats IHS, you guys schooled us tonight. And I did get outcoached, I forgot to teach my young guns how to handle a senior laiden team who says ok you are not going to run us any more. Kouch did a great job of getting his mind under control and slowing the game down, and picking us apart.Coach Henrie did a great job of picking and chosing his traps. I am extrememly proud of my boys, we are still learning and getting better all of the time. I remember a bunch of IHS sophs who had to figure things out also. Here is the best part.... I get to coach a great bunch of kids tomorrow, and the next day, and we aren't even close to what we are going to be, but we are gettin there.

Coach, you are a class individual. I mean that with all sincerity.

And you're right...you guys are getting there. The re-zoning hurt CHS a lot (although Tonight's decision to send Sullivan Farms and Dallas Downs to CHS will help replenish that) and there has been a bit of rebuilding at CHS, but I guarantee that the final product will be worth the wait.

Tough one to lose, but a young team will learn from games like this. Indy dropped a TON of close, heartbreaking games over the first two years...now, they're winning them. It takes time and hard work, but I have no doubt that Centennial will get to where they want to be.

I do want all of you, to keep this in mind. Some of you are getting close to ugly on here. So tone it down some. Trash talk is half the fun, just keep it sporting and clean. Drew and I were talking earlier, he was down, hurt about the loss, but he looked at me and said "you know I got to admit I loved every second of it out there tonight." And he is right, the competition the spirit, even the officials, I would not trade anything for doing what we do, and the people who love to watch, play coach etc.

And yeah your right..... I can't get to sleep.

We saw a different team because IHS outplayed CHS tonight. Kelly was mediocre and the total collapse in the 4th capped off a tough night for the Eagles. There's no way you can blame this on anything.

By the Way, Nick played good solid defense tonight, he didnt get himself into too much foul trouble, and did his job put up some pts when they mattered most (I.E The run in the 4th that crushed your spirit)

i'll agree with everything said here for the most part

we did fall apart

it happens

thats life

but the officiating was terrible

some of the fouls they called (or didnt call) were bogus

it went both ways

and they kicked a guy on chs side out for yelling are you kidding me at the ref

thats crazy

whatever

we'll see you again in the tourny, where it really matters