Who will win District 9 in AA?

ThePenguin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aauboy @ Feb 15 2007 - 11:32 PM) 826374024[/snapback]

Bring it!!! Go Stangs

HOW BOUT THEM LIONS!!!!!! WE BROUGHT AND YALL ATE IT!!!! 35-32!!!

QUOTE(aauboy @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826374313[/snapback]

Chances are better than you think with JOSH SLATER!!!!!!!

Kinda like when Slater had the ball with 30 seconds tonight and he drove in the lane and caused a charge and Lipscomb lost to CPA!!

QUOTE(aauboy @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826374313[/snapback]

Chances are better than you think with JOSH SLATER!!!!!!!

Yah Slater didnt play a good game. He just couldnt handle the sophmores. Coach Maddux has done an incredible job with the team. He has turned the so called inexperienced young sophmores into a strong hardworking team. After losing twice to the Mustangs, they come back and win when it really counts. Great Job Coach Maddux. Oh and the district championship is going to be one awesome game when the lions win it. GO LIONS!!!!

Congrats to MLK for winning the 9AA District Tournament over CPA. There were non-believers but MLK has peaked at the right time. Congrats also goes out to Doc Shelton for receiving coach of the year but to relinquish it over to his assistant, Coach Sizemore, who ran the squad while Doc was ill. MLK will play Saturday at MLK at 7:30p.m.

QUOTE(ebbybm @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:12 AM) 826382439[/snapback]Congrats to MLK for winning the 9AA District Tournament over CPA. There were non-believers but MLK has peaked at the right time. Congrats also goes out to Doc Shelton for receiving coach of the year but to relinquish it over to his assistant, Coach Sizemore, who ran the squad while Doc was ill. MLK will play Saturday at MLK at 7:30p.m.

WHAT THE HECK!!!! Could someone please tell me why Doc Shelton was given the Coach award!!! I mean he is a great guy but he was ill half the season!!!!!! thats ridiculous!!! and from what i saw at the game....he was pretty reluctant to hand it over to his assitant!!!!!

QUOTE(ThePenguin @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826385071[/snapback]WHAT THE HECK!!!! Could someone please tell me why Doc Shelton was given the Coach award!!! I mean he is a great guy but he was ill half the season!!!!!! thats ridiculous!!! and from what i saw at the game....he was pretty reluctant to hand it over to his assitant!!!!!

I heard he actually handed the award over to the assistant rather quickly. However, I think Maddux (although I hate to say it) deserved the honor.

QUOTE(tnbasketball07 @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:35 PM) 826385254[/snapback]I heard he actually handed the award over to the assistant rather quickly. However, I think Maddux (although I hate to say it) deserved the honor.

Maddux and Roberts are the "silent giants" and if you are on the inside we know that. But kudos to the entire basketball staff of MLK considering the freshman won the city championship with only six players (Coach Evetts), and the middle school played in the city championship only to be defeated by a tough JFK squad (Caoch Martin). Let's hope the varsity can continue its run.

QUOTE(ebbybm @ Feb 23 2007 - 07:39 AM) 826385535[/snapback]Maddux and Roberts are the "silent giants" and if you are on the inside we know that. But kudos to the entire basketball staff of MLK considering the freshman won the city championship with only six players (Coach Evetts), and the middle school played in the city championship only to be defeated by a tough JFK squad (Caoch Martin). Let's hope the varsity can continue its run.

wow it sounds like they have a good future ahead of them after last year and this year both being major rebuilding years. its nice to be able to win the district even during rebuilding years just because of great coaching. and i've seen some of those freshman and middle schoolers play and both teams are taller than the varsity team, its pretty funny. there are some big athletes coming up