Region 4-2A

Lion15

QUOTE(shipwreck @ Mar 11 2007 - 01:00 AM) 826407782[/snapback]has anyones mind changed about westmoreland after the region lift this weekend? I hear that they really took care of business! does anyone have better details?

Shipwreck you may be on to something. I mean think about it, who dominated Smith county and all their "tradition" before them and the rest of region 4-2A was scared out of the region by Goodpasture and David Lipscomb. As I was saying on the other topic starter, Westmoreland with the right frame of mind can become as dominant now as they were in the 90's when they won 3 straight regional titles and beat down the mighty owls and beat Maynard I know 2 straight years in a row including the great upperman team that went to the semis. Which by the way was one of the only wins Westmoreland had that season.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thank people are putting westmoreland down to much. they might not be that big but they have speed, including the line on both side of the ball. strength is also a big key for them now as the weight competion has shown. Westmoreland may lost alot of key players but they definetly have players to fill their postion. i fill Westmoreland will become a dominating team for the next 2 years. i know their coming up juniors went undefeated in their middle school year, but that was then and this is now. i thank westmoreland will take region next season.

Guest Termite

QUOTE(eagles_linebacker44 @ Mar 11 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826408505[/snapback]i thank people are putting westmoreland down to much. they might not be that big but they have speed, including the line on both side of the ball. strength is also a big key for them now as the weight competion has shown. Westmoreland may lost alot of key players but they definetly have players to fill their postion. i fill Westmoreland will become a dominating team for the next 2 years. i know their coming up juniors went undefeated in their middle school year, but that was then and this is now. i thank westmoreland will take region next season.

Nobody is putting Westermoreland down....They are strong.......they have won the weight lift the past 2 years.... then they went all the way to the semi.....

no wait that was somebody else......my bad

QUOTE(Termite @ Mar 12 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826409270[/snapback]Nobody is putting Westermoreland down....They are strong.......they have won the weight lift the past 2 years.... then they went all the way to the semi.....

HaHaHaHaHa!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> well when Westmoreland beats Smith this year dont cry about it. that was last year this is this year. Westmoreland beat smith by a larger margen in weight lifting this year than ever before. you can believe me thangs are ganna change for smith this year. it wont be beating westmoreland in the quarter finals like last year. Westmoreland is ganna take region with ease this year. ill tell you what, Westmoreland will do their talking on the field this year.

COUNT ON IT!!!

!!!!2006 REGION CHAMPS!!!!

QUOTE(Termite @ Mar 12 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826409270[/snapback]Nobody is putting Westermoreland down....They are strong.......they have won the weight lift the past 2 years.... then they went all the way to the semi.....

And then that somebody else got pounded. Very badly.

Guest Termite

QUOTE(hud20 @ Mar 13 2007 - 11:57 AM) 826410220[/snapback]And then that somebody else got pounded. Very badly.

And your point??? They way I see it.....if "someone got pounded very badly" Someone "else" would have been totally embaressed.........Red faces to match red uniforms.........

QUOTE(Termite @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826410255[/snapback]And your point??? They way I see it.....if "someone got pounded very badly" Someone "else" would have been totally embaressed.........Red faces to match red uniforms.........

Were you not embarrassed last year when Alcoa was running up and down the field at will? And you beat Westmoreland by 5 after they beat you during the regular season, that's not exactly claiming supremecy over them.

Guest Termite

QUOTE(hud20 @ Mar 13 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826410340[/snapback]Were you not embarrassed last year when Alcoa was running up and down the field at will? And you beat Westmoreland by 5 after they beat you during the regular season, that's not exactly claiming supremecy over them.

Would have been embarrassed to have lost to Westmorelan twice..........Not supremecy...but I'll take it.....

Key words here "beat Westmoreland",.... anyway that was then....this is now

Order of finish for 2007

#1 Smith Co.

#2 Upperman

#3 York

#4 Westmoreland

#5 Jackson Co.

#6 Cannon Co.

Key games.......Upperman at Smith Co..................York and Upperman........................Smith Co. at York.....................and throw in a suprisesor 2 from Westmoreland and Jackson. Co.

QUOTE(Termite @ Mar 13 2007 - 03:24 PM) 826410457[/snapback]Would have been embarrassed to have lost to Westmorelan twice..........Not supremecy...but I'll take it.....

Key words here "beat Westmoreland",.... anyway that was then....this is now

Order of finish for 2007

#1 Smith Co.

#2 Upperman

#3 York

#4 Westmoreland

#5 Jackson Co.

#6 Cannon Co.

Key games.......Upperman at Smith Co..................York and Upperman........................Smith Co. at York.....................and throw in a suprisesor 2 from Westmoreland and Jackson. Co.

I heard today that a couple of years ago when Smith County was fabricating a region. They called up Red Boiling Springs and Celina to get them to move up to 3A so they could be in the same region as Cannon County, Jackson County, and Upperman. There pitch to them was we"re moving up to get away from Goodpasture and David Lipscomb, ya'll can get away from Trousdale.

When I think of Smith County football and "tradition" I think of Gordonsville they actually have a State Championship trophy in their case.

Guest Termite

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ Mar 13 2007 - 04:48 PM) 826410532[/snapback]I heard today that a couple of years ago when Smith County was fabricating a region. They called up Red Boiling Springs and Celina to get them to move up to 3A so they could be in the same region as Cannon County, Jackson County, and Upperman. There pitch to them was we"re moving up to get away from Goodpasture and David Lipscomb, ya'll can get away from Trousdale.

When I think of Smith County football and "tradition" I think of Gordonsville they actually have a State Championship trophy in their case.

If I were you I would think of Gordonsville too....When a small 1-a school like Gordonsville WHIPS a dominating,traditional power, like Westermoreland and then

turn around and lose in the Quarter finals to a school in the same county...all of it would be hard to forget. I would be trying to get Goodpasture and David Liscomb back and return to the good ole days too.............After this year you kind of wish we had stayed there too..don't ya /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Termite @ Mar 14 2007 - 03:16 PM) 826411735[/snapback]If I were you I would think of Gordonsville too....When a small 1-a school like Gordonsville WHIPS a dominating,traditional power, like Westermoreland and then

turn around and lose in the Quarter finals to a school in the same county...all of it would be hard to forget. I would be trying to get Goodpasture and David Liscomb back and return to the good ole days too.............After this year you kind of wish we had stayed there too..don't ya /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Not really, we won the regional championship. You won a playoff game but failed to win or even come close to a Gold Ball. About 40 points short. The same number of points we hung on ya'll by the middle of the second quarter my senior year.

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ Mar 13 2007 - 04:48 PM) 826410532[/snapback]I heard today that a couple of years ago when Smith County was fabricating a region. They called up Red Boiling Springs and Celina to get them to move up to 3A so they could be in the same region as Cannon County, Jackson County, and Upperman. There pitch to them was we"re moving up to get away from Goodpasture and David Lipscomb, ya'll can get away from Trousdale.

Ya'll want to here something funny?

If the players on your highschool football team take more pride in playing a halftime show with the band than being in the lockeroom with the team: you might be a Smith County Owl

If your highschool host a weight lifting competition every year and gets embarresed by Westmoreland: you might be a Smith County Owl

If your the only highschool football team in your county without a State Championship: you might be a Smith County Owl

If your highschool football team had to pull out of an entire classification to escape 2 private schools: you might be a Smith County Owl

If you were embarresed by the Alcoa Tornadoes in 06:you might be a Smith County Owl

If you believe in global warming:you might be a Smith County Owl

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are....