Father Ryan vs. MBA

bigbigguy

QUOTE(irishdad @ Jan 28 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826349188[/snapback]

Face to Face is a term used to describe actually speaking to some one face to face instead of by some other means IE radio, phone or computer.

I would guess that the reason people do not seek you out for a "face on face" conversation is because they don't want to have to hear your constant crying...on a side note, I have come to appreciate Father Ryan over the past couple of years. Mainly because I haven't had to read alot of ignorant remarks from some of their less educated supporters...I have a feeling that is about to change though.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MWR @ Jan 28 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826349160[/snapback]

The officials were very good this year- stalling calls were consistent as were calls on the edge of the mat. The score could have been a lot worse for MBA from 152-189 the MBA wrestlers didn't try a lot of offense and the RYan wrestlers looked frustrated by not getting pins and bonus points. and to cbg i didnt see much rolling over from the irish wrestlers.

Your soph. 103# got stuck by an 8th grader and your senior 125# wrestler got decked by the Simpson kid. Hey you may not be good but the cardnial sin in wrestling is to give up a fall. There were a couple of other times during the match that officials that call quick falls would have sent the Ryan wrestlers to the locker room early. Ryan did wrestle hard and they won every close match.

QUOTE(cbg @ Jan 28 2007 - 04:36 PM) 826349460[/snapback]

Your soph. 103# got stuck by an 8th grader and your senior 125# wrestler got decked by the Simpson kid. Hey you may not be good but the cardnial sin in wrestling is to give up a fall. There were a couple of other times during the match that officials that call quick falls would have sent the Ryan wrestlers to the locker room early. Ryan did wrestle hard and they won every close match.

Yes the Irish did win every close match but most would not have been close if the big red wrestlers hadn't balled up and stalled on bottom. There could have also been pins for the Irish if their had been a quick ref as you said. you were right when you said that the Irish wrestled hard however after the first couple of matches it wasn't close.

I have attended this match-up for the last few years, and it is ALWAYS the wrestling highlight of the year. Many thanks to these two brothers (Pat & Frank) who have helped put high school wrestling on the map in Nashville. Congrats to the Irish this year, but I know it will continue to be a barn burner year after year.

What the date for this one next year so I can put it on my calendar?

You "mispelt" misspelled.

Go Irishdad!

quote name='irishdad' date='Jan 28 2007 - 11:54 AM' post='826349188']

Dear Rloser,

Face to Face is a term used to describe actually speaking to some one face to face instead of by some other means IE radio, phone or computer. It does not mean to look for a squab. Pityful was mispelt on purpose to emphasis the word PITY.

Closing comments, the IRISH wrestlers did not spend much time on their backs. In fact the score does not really refLect the match. If you take away the twelve points that Frank's sons scored it would not have been close. They are both very good young men and wrestlers. One advantage was older brother Patrick in attendance. That had to be a great morale booster. You all must face the fact that my beloved Irish won and still hold a 7-3 advantage in this contest. Try and spin that on all you Irish haters!!!!!!!!

As, I have said in the past it is all practice till state.

GOD BLESS MY BELOVED IRISH CYA IN CLARKSVILLE!!!!!!!!