Knoxville basketball tonight

catpalace

I'm a student at UT and have been out of high school for a few years now but wanted to watch a good high school basketball game tonight. I'm not too familiar with all the teams around here because i'm originally from middle TN. i was hoping maybe someone could tell me a good game tonight so i could catch it. I know bearden and faragut are playing and obviously know thats a big rivalry but i didnt know if there was an even better game to go see. Thanks a lot for any responses.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell plays at Halls. Always a great game. Powell has a very good player in Conner. Halls has the Sharp kid who is the all time leading score at Hall and is a thrill to watch.

Bearden plays at Farragut. Bearden has some really good Soph. Jenkins and Simpson. Farragut has the tall blonde kid who is a very good player/shooter as well has good size across the board.

Can't miss with either game. Which everone you go to be there early. At least 6:30.

QUOTE(FloridaKee @ Jan 19 2007 - 12:18 PM) 826337643[/snapback]

Hate to break it to you but neither of these is worth your time. Find something better to do tonight; I used to coach HS in Knoxville and went to UT. The powell/halls game is not worth your drive, and Bearden/Farragut is not a good game because both teams are down. Go watch Greeneville...they're good

I don't know that it would be worth the drive to Morristown to watch the Greeneville (22-1) vs MoEast (8-8) game. Greeneville spanked them by 22 pts their first meeting.

At least region 2 is competitive. IMAC conference is all Greeneville.

Hate to break it to you but neither of these is worth your time. Find something better to do tonight; I used to coach HS in Knoxville and went to UT. The powell/halls game is not worth your drive, and Bearden/Farragut is not a good game because both teams are down. Go watch Greeneville...they're good

Farragut, Bearden, Halls, and Powell all have a very good chance to reach the sub state. I would guess that 2 of these 4 teams will indeed represent region 2 in the sub state in March. And there is a better than average chance one of the 4 will be in the state.

The Farragut/Bearden and the Halls/Powell games are indeed the best games in these parts tonight. If you want to see a good team give the beat down to another thendrive 45 + minutes and watch Greenville play Mo. E.

QUOTE(catpalace @ Jan 19 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826337848[/snapback]

yea i definitely won't be making the drive to mo east.. it looks like i'll more than likely end up at either the bearden/faragut or halls/powell game.. about how far is the drive to powell from around campus? i know where faragut is but not powell

I believe the game is at Halls. Go north on Henely st. which will become broadway which will become Maynardville Highway School will be about 10 + miles from the intersection of Cumberland and Henley St. Leave early enough to stop at Littons in Ftn City for a burger and fries.

QUOTE(redandblack63 @ Jan 19 2007 - 03:08 PM) 826337881[/snapback]

I believe the game is at Halls. Go north on Henely st. which will become broadway which will become Maynardville Highway School will be about 10 + miles from the intersection of Cumberland and Henley St. Leave early enough to stop at Littons in Ftn City for a burger and fries.

Go see Powell at Halls. There will be 2500 people there and it will be electric. Halls is 17-2 and Powell is 13-5. One of Halls' two losses was at Powell 58-55. It will be a "barnburner" tonight. Floridakee does not know crap about Knoxville basketball if he thinks either game is not worth the drive. That is stupid. These are high quality basketball teams. Powell and Halls start 8 seniors and 2 juniors. At least six starters will play college basketball.

Incidentally, people talk so much about Conner, and he's great, definitely a D1 player, but I really like Jason Seymore's game.

You used to coach where in Knoxville?

Honestly, you don't sound like you have much of a clue. Halls and Powell is always a very good game, and especially over the last couple of years as both teams have been very good.

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Jan 19 2007 - 03:19 PM) 826337894[/snapback]

Go see Powell at Halls. There will be 2500 people there and it will be electric. Halls is 17-2 and Powell is 13-5. One of Halls' two losses was at Powell 58-55. It will be a "barnburner" tonight. Floridakee does not know crap about Knoxville basketball if he thinks either game is not worth the drive. That is stupid. These are high quality basketball teams. Powell and Halls start 8 seniors and 2 juniors. At least six starters will play college basketball.

Incidentally, people talk so much about Conner, and he's great, definitely a D1 player, but I really like Jason Seymore's game.

Connor can be a mid-major D1 player, if he steps up his game on the defensive end. He is an outstanding on the offensive end of the court.

Seymore has a lot of potential and has come a long way since his freshman year of high school.

QUOTE(HTV @ Jan 19 2007 - 03:28 PM) 826337905[/snapback]

Connor can be a mid-major D1 player, if he steps up his game on the defensive end. He is an outstanding on the offensive end of the court.

Seymore has a lot of potential and has come a long way since his freshman year of high school.

I agree HTV. Seymore is long, athletic and shoots the ball well from even 5 to 6 feet behind the line.