BA, Franklin, and MBA Wrestle Tonight

PinU46

QUOTE(Batts @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826338416[/snapback]

Felix wrestled Cash and handed him his first defeat 7-2

good

QUOTE(Batts @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826338420[/snapback]

I did not blame the ref. I was just making the observation that he was either horrible or was having a terrible night.

sounds like your just crying because your team lost

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wrestler813 @ Jan 19 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826338435[/snapback]

good

I suggest you read the posts again and this time try to process/understand all of the words . . .

No one is crying -- the ref blew calls all night for all teams. BA got hosed a couple of times vs MBA, MBA got hosed a couple of times vs Franklin and Franklin got hosed a couple of times vs BA.

With that said, there was some good wrestling tonight. I think BA would like a few of those matches back vs MBA . . .

The outcome of the team scores would have been a little different if the official would have not been afraid to make the call based on the rules and illustrations in the case book. MBA would have still won the dual, but the officiating was horrible.

The official does not have to be perfect, but he does have to protect the interest and well being of each and every wrestler. You achieve this by enforcing the rules as written.

A figure four from the neutral position is ILLEGAL yet it was allowed to continue. The MBA wrestler that was caught in the figure four could have been potentially injured, but luckily he wasn't. STALLING should be penalized immediately not when it becomes convenient in deciding the outcome of the match.

The official should have MANED UP!

QUOTE(wrestler813 @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:19 PM) 826338435[/snapback]

good

813, you need to stop posting these negative posts, you where not there last night, however I was, bad calls do happen and in this dual it did. Somone posting what they observed is not crying. Beside Franklin beat MBA, and Franklin had a lot of great matches, like Cater McPhee, how bout that one ya'll!!!! 2 fantastic pins for him!

QUOTE(Kris Smith @ Jan 20 2007 - 07:20 AM) 826338800[/snapback]

813, you need to stop posting these negative posts, you where not there last night, however I was, bad calls do happen and in this dual it did. Somone posting what they observed is not crying. Beside Franklin beat MBA, and Franklin had a lot of great matches, like Cater McPhee, how bout that one ya'll!!!! 2 fantastic pins for him!

Carter McPhee had an incredible night. That boy wrestled his butt off. He beat our guy, but you have to salute him.

Mark Simpson for MBA did, as well.

QUOTE(PinU46 @ Jan 19 2007 - 12:39 PM) 826337760[/snapback]

I think BA will stomp MBA. For the first time in recent memory, BA will get the win and secure second place in the middle region. (It is not going to be close because MBA does not match up well with the Eagles and BA has better athletes in its upper weights than MBA does in its whole school!)

Okay, when I am wrong, I will admit it. MBA manned up against BA. I expected MBA to wrestle against BA the way the Big Red wrestled against Franklin. (I guess having a region title in sight motivated the boys from West End.)

By the way, I eat my crow cooked well done.

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 20 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826339534[/snapback]

I didn't get indv. results, but I did hear BA lost to Franklin. What is true?

Nope, BA lost to MBA then MBA lost to Franklin then Franklin lost to BA. In my opinion any of the results could have been changed by the worst ref that I have ever witnessed.

QUOTE(Batts @ Jan 20 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826339557[/snapback]

Nope, BA lost to MBA then MBA lost to Franklin then Franklin lost to BA. In my opinion any of the results could have been changed by the worst ref that I have ever witnessed.

There are enough people from all sides talking about the officiating on this night that I have to ask: was he new? I sat with some Franklin fans today who went on and on about it. Why would a rookie be sent to such a big tri match? The Franklin people said that they saw more table visits in one night than they saw total all season.

the figure four on the head is a legal move except in the neutral position. If applied in the neutral position, it is technical violation (not illegal) and wrestling is allowed to continue to allow the other wrestler an opportunity to score. All illegal holds are stopped immediately. It's very similar to locked hands (also a technical violation) where wrestling is allowed to continue. Of course, if there is any indication that the wrestler could be injured, it should be stopped.