REGION 7 AND 8 CLASS A PREDICTIONS

jamieroper

After reviewing region 7 and 8, these are my findings:

Gleason should host a sub-state game. I believe this game will be against Middleton. I selected Middleton over Riverside and Scotts Hill as runner-up in region 8. Although any of the 3 could get there. I pick Gleason to advance to ‘boro.

I am picking Trinity Christian to also host a sub-state game. Their opposition was harder to select. Greenfield, Lake County, and Union City could all be the runner-up from region 7. Any of the 3 could also upset Gleason for the 1 seed. But my prediction is that Trinity Christian will host Greenfield in a sub-state game. This could be a great game. Region 7 has 4 teams, including Greenfield, that could give Trinity Christian a good game. I cannot pick a winner of this game right now.

In conclusion: Anyone of 4 teams can come out of Region 7, all of these are in District 14. Of the possible sleeper teams, Hollow Rock-Bruceton could surprise some teams. The runner up from Region 7 has a great chance of going on the road and winning to advance to ‘boro.

Just my opinion. I would be very interested how the folks from Western Tennessee see this playing out.

Good luck to all.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sls @ Jan 21 2007 - 09:17 PM) 826340244[/snapback]

Wouldn't count out West Carroll

If you wouldn't count out West Carroll and Bruceton may be a "sleeper" then why wouldn't you consider Mckenzie? Lady Rebels beat both of those teams. In fact, Mckenzie might surprise some by the time district and region tournaments roll around.

Jamie,

Looks like you summed it up pretty good not to have seen any of the teams play.

Last year every team in 14A boys and girls swept the other district in the first round of the region. It could happen again. Gleason is undefeated but they can be beat so its wide open. Trinity is the best team in the region south of us, Madison was suppose to be there but Middleton probably is the #2 team.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 22 2007 - 12:01 AM) 826340517[/snapback]

Jamie,

Looks like you summed it up pretty good not to have seen any of the teams play.

Last year every team in 14A boys and girls swept the other district in the first round of the region. It could happen again. Gleason is undefeated but they can be beat so its wide open. Trinity is the best team in the region south of us, Madison was suppose to be there but Middleton probably is the #2 team.

At what point did Gleason get beat last year in the postseason? Is this year's team weaker or stronger? I've noticed you seem to be their #1 fan on here.

Gleason is good!!! They beat an excellent Collinwood team in what could end up being a rematch at 'boro.

But there are 3 other teams in that district who could get Gleason. Do not count out Greenfield, Lake County, and Union City. They are all good. Gleason could end up playing all 3 in District and Region more than once.

Also, the Region 8 runner-up will not be no easy task for Gleason or whoever wins Region 7. Middleton, Riverside and Scotts Hill are all good teams.

TC should win Region 8. Their Sub-State game could be a classic with them playing Gleason, Greenfield, Lake County, or Union City. However, my pick right now is still TC Vs. Greenfield.

Good luck to all.

QUOTE(milan57 @ Jan 22 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826341246[/snapback]

When it comes to the post season Gleason seems to always have a "hiccup" in the region. Especially since they didn't even make it out of the region last year. I think Greenfield is more battle tested and will pull it out in the end. Good luck! Of course, anything can happen!

They have made it out of the region 9 of the last 17 years so I don't think they ALWAYS have a "hiccup".

QUOTE(westtnfan @ Jan 23 2007 - 12:48 AM) 826341880[/snapback]

They have made it out of the region 9 of the last 17 years so I don't think they ALWAYS have a "hiccup".

Westtnfan,

Just curious--- In the last four years how many times has this team played beyond the region tourney? How bout the last five cause these seniors have played for five years on varsity since their campus is the same. Lots of schools don't have that opportunity since jr high and high schools are indifferent locations.

Milan57 (DT) -

Just curious, how many times has McKenzie advanced in the last 4 years? You always seem to want to down Gleason. What have they done to you? We may "hiccup" this year, but we will give it our best. It may not be good enough, but we will give it our all. We haven't been in awhile but alot of others haven't either..........