REGION 7 AND 8 CLASS A PREDICTIONS

jamieroper

QUOTE(Hater_Nation_Rules @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:17 PM) 826344652[/snapback]

She is a very good player, but not the best in 1A. She walks alot and doesn't get called for it, until the refs from the other regions come in. She is probably one of the best floor generals in West Tennessee, but not the best in 1A. Gleason will be lucky to get out of the region, because when she gets shut down, they will fall.

Good? You are wrong already. Kayla is an exceptional BASKETBALL plyer. She is not the best athlete in A. She is teh best ballplayer though. Walks? Ha hA give me a break, there are so many walks missed in high school basketball if you added them up they would equal more than the boston marathon. Also, it is not a walk unless it is called. Hmmm, they will get beat when she gets shut down. Ha Ha ha, you are funny. That is the point, she will not get shut down. She may not have 25 or 30 pts or even 15pts. It is what she does to make everyone else better that makes the bulldogs stay unbeaten. As for losing in the region it could happen, but i seriously doubt it. One game at a time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Shake-n-Bake @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:22 AM) 826345171[/snapback]

Good? You are wrong already. Kayla is an exceptional BASKETBALL plyer. She is not the best athlete in A. She is teh best ballplayer though. Walks? Ha hA give me a break, there are so many walks missed in high school basketball if you added them up they would equal more than the boston marathon. Also, it is not a walk unless it is called. Hmmm, they will get beat when she gets shut down. Ha Ha ha, you are funny. That is the point, she will not get shut down. She may not have 25 or 30 pts or even 15pts. It is what she does to make everyone else better that makes the bulldogs stay unbeaten. As for losing in the region it could happen, but i seriously doubt it. One game at a time.

Yeah, I heard it last year too. Good Luck!!!

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Jan 21 2007 - 04:54 PM) 826340098[/snapback]

After reviewing region 7 and 8, these are my findings:

Gleason should host a sub-state game. I believe this game will be against Middleton. I selected Middleton over Riverside and Scotts Hill as runner-up in region 8. Although any of the 3 could get there. I pick Gleason to advance to ‘boro.

I am picking Trinity Christian to also host a sub-state game. Their opposition was harder to select. Greenfield, Lake County, and Union City could all be the runner-up from region 7. Any of the 3 could also upset Gleason for the 1 seed. But my prediction is that Trinity Christian will host Greenfield in a sub-state game. This could be a great game. Region 7 has 4 teams, including Greenfield, that could give Trinity Christian a good game. I cannot pick a winner of this game right now.

In conclusion: Anyone of 4 teams can come out of Region 7, all of these are in District 14. Of the possible sleeper teams, Hollow Rock-Bruceton could surprise some teams. The runner up from Region 7 has a great chance of going on the road and winning to advance to ‘boro.

Just my opinion. I would be very interested how the folks from Western Tennessee see this playing out.

Good luck to all.

I think I would watch out for Riverside. These girls are playing a better ball game coming down the stretch, they beat Scotts Hill AT Scotts Hill. They were intimidated by TCA's size. They can make up for size with their quick speed and ball handling. Did you notice #10 Demieka Mitchell broke a school record over Clarksburg with 41 points? She is averaging 24.8pts per game.

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(Shake-n-Bake @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:22 AM) 826345171[/snapback]

No one has to say "YOU WERE RIGHT"....lol

They should still make it to State...if they finish #1 in the Regional Tournament, but they will have a very hard time winning it all.

QUOTE(lacybsmom @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:14 PM) 826346188[/snapback]

I think I would watch out for Riverside. These girls are playing a better ball game coming down the stretch, they beat Scotts Hill AT Scotts Hill. They were intimidated by TCA's size. They can make up for size with their quick speed and ball handling. Did you notice #10 Demieka Mitchell broke a school record over Clarksburg with 41 points? She is averaging 24.8pts per game.

I read about the 41 points. Quite impressive.

Speed and Ball Handling can overcome size if you are agressive. An example is Jackson County. They have no monsters on that team, but they will run your butt into the ground and fight you for every step you take.

The win against Scotts Hill was also impressive.

There will be some upsets that no one expects, that is for sure. It will be fun to watch.

I know that it may seem strange that Gleason lost to Lake County, but Coach Frazier knows exactly what he is doing. The game that was lost did not really matter. Gleason was already moving on in the tourney so why show any of the plays that Frazier has up his sleeve. He will bring out the new stuff when he has to, which will catch the other teams off guard.