REGION 7 AND 8 CLASS A PREDICTIONS

jamieroper

QUOTE(westtnfan @ Jan 23 2007 - 10:43 AM) 826342294[/snapback]

Milan57 (DT) -

Just curious, how many times has McKenzie advanced in the last 4 years? You always seem to want to down Gleason. What have they done to you? We may "hiccup" this year, but we will give it our best. It may not be good enough, but we will give it our all. We haven't been in awhile but alot of others haven't either..........

Easy big fella........relax...........gooooosefraaaaaba.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(westtnfan @ Jan 23 2007 - 12:43 PM) 826342294[/snapback]

Milan57 (DT) -

Just curious, how many times has McKenzie advanced in the last 4 years? You always seem to want to down Gleason. What have they done to you? We may "hiccup" this year, but we will give it our best. It may not be good enough, but we will give it our all. We haven't been in awhile but alot of others haven't either..........

First of all - I am not downing Gleason at all. They are very fundamental and I think they have one of the best, if not THE best coaches I have ever seen. I was just asking an honest question when you gave the stats of 9 out of 17 times they advanced past the region. Sorry if you took offense at that. Your're right about Mckenzie. Just as with Gleason, how far you go in the postseason does NOT mean you don't have talented basketball players. We have some great talent at McKenzie in all our sports programs. Know what else? We may "hiccup" but we give it our best TOO! But we're a football town and your're a girls basketball town. Just the way it is> Sorry, not DT

QUOTE(milan57 @ Jan 23 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826342312[/snapback]

how far you go in the postseason does NOT mean you don't have talented basketball players.

Sounds like someone who is rationalizing that mediocrity is ok........don't worry I'm sure the Gleason folks will let you into the substate game to watch......

9-17 is pretty good when you are talking about substate appearances especially when it only takes one bad night to have your season end.......

QUOTE(Not-so HeavyD @ Jan 23 2007 - 01:13 PM) 826342332[/snapback]

Sounds like someone who is rationalizing that mediocrity is ok........don't worry I'm sure the Gleason folks will let you into the substate game to watch......

9-17 is pretty good when you are talking about substate appearances especially when it only takes one bad night to have your season end.......

Mediocrity is not ok. But just like every team you do the best with what talent you have. Some years you might have a lot of talent and some years you might have a little. Everyone should give 100% from the players to the coaches and when you do that you've done all you can do. You compete in every single game and you give your all in every single practice. In the end you can be proud of what you have accomplished whether its the state, the region, or even the district. Whether you're a part of Gleason, McKenzie, Westview, Milan or anywhere else.

QUOTE(milan57 @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826342352[/snapback]

Mediocrity is not ok. But just like every team you do the best with what talent you have. Some years you might have a lot of talent and some years you might have a little. Everyone should give 100% from the players to the coaches and when you do that you've done all you can do. You compete in every single game and you give your all in every single practice. In the end you can be proud of what you have accomplished whether its the state, the region, or even the district. Whether you're a part of Gleason, McKenzie, Westview, Milan or anywhere else.

I agree completely.........too bad there are some out there who think if their own kid doesn't score enough then the coach is an idiot........if all gave their 100% to support the team (including parents) then there would be alot more parity around and folks could live with whatever the result turned out to be.

QUOTE(milan57 @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826342352[/snapback]

Talent.....what does that mean? I am so tired of people whining because they don't have talent. How about DEVELOPING some talent!!!! Does Gleason have the talent and athletes at their school that McKenzie does, I doubt it, but you don't want to play their girls...I wonder why???

P.S. Is McKenzie really a football town??? They are the 3rd best football program in that county over the years.

QUOTE(ParisRiverRat @ Jan 23 2007 - 01:50 PM) 826342391[/snapback]

Talent.....what does that mean? I am so tired of people whining because they don't have talent. How about DEVELOPING some talent!!!! Does Gleason have the talent and athletes at their school that McKenzie does, I doubt it, but you don't want to play their girls...I wonder why???

P.S. Is McKenzie really a football town??? They are the 3rd best football program in that county over the years.

Mckenzie does play Gleason - in basketball and football. And you can believe that we want to beat them. We might not but we're gonna give it our best shot. I bet your team hasn't beaten them either. They are undefeated. There must be a lot of teams out there that they have beaten. Talent is the natural ability somebody might have. And yes it takes a lot of work to develop that talent. Some are willing to do it and some are not.

Slow down people, I did not mean to start a fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus loves you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just trying to give an unbiased opinion of how one idiot (me) thought that Region 7 and 8 will turn out. I have not seen any of you play. I simply went by the results of the games each team has played and some press clipping I found on the internet. Along with Gleason playing one team I have seen play, Collinwood. I can tell you that Collinwood is a 'boro team. And Gleason did beat them.

I am going to do the same with the other regions when I have time. Good luck to all!!!!!

QUOTE(milan57 @ Jan 23 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826342435[/snapback]

Mckenzie does play Gleason - in basketball and football. And you can believe that we want to beat them. We might not but we're gonna give it our best shot. I bet your team hasn't beaten them either. They are undefeated. There must be a lot of teams out there that they have beaten. Talent is the natural ability somebody might have. And yes it takes a lot of work to develop that talent. Some are willing to do it and some are not.

So are you saying that McKenzie is not willing to work to develop talent? What are you saying? Finishing in the top of that district isn't saying much... All you have to do is win 2 games to get to the substate, something that shockingly happened somehow in 2003, I believe, and that was in AA. How are you not succeeding in A?

P.S. You aren't going to beat Gleason this year in basketball.... Hudson could probably beat McKenzie with 4 eighth graders.

No comment about the football ream finishing 3rd in the county....must be true.

QUOTE(ParisRiverRat @ Jan 23 2007 - 05:01 PM) 826342674[/snapback]

So are you saying that McKenzie is not willing to work to develop talent? What are you saying? Finishing in the top of that district isn't saying much... All you have to do is win 2 games to get to the substate, something that shockingly happened somehow in 2003, I believe, and that was in AA. How are you not succeeding in A?

P.S. You aren't going to beat Gleason this year in basketball.... Hudson could probably beat McKenzie with 4 eighth graders.

No comment about the football ream finishing 3rd in the county....must be true.

Your comments are pretty tacky and I'm not going to stoop to your level. My comments about developing talent or not is talking about individuals, not any certain team or certain sports. I don't know where you're from but I can be pretty sure from your comments that there are some people in your town, team, whatever that don't work as hard as others. I know there are players in mckenzie that work plenty hard. Where are you from anyway? You don't even know what your talking about when it comes to sports in Mckenzie. Take care of your own team>They may not be developing as much talent as you think they are.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 23 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826342746[/snapback]

Sounds like a jealous McKenzie basketball parent to me trying to stir up something. You just wish McKenzie girls had what Gleason has going. If a big school like McKenzie cant beat the Clarksburgs, Gleasons or Greenfields that is really sad.

Nobody that I know is jealous of Gleason and nobody that I know is "trying to stir up something". Too bad people think the worst from simple and honest questions and comments. I thought that's what Coach t is all about. Sorry if you think there is some kind of hidden agenda by asking. Maybe your wearing your feelings too much on your sleeve. Shows some insecurity on your part. But...I hope West Tn teams get all the way to state and win it there, Gleason or anybody else from around here. I would hope that if Gleason does happen to have a bad night that you would want whoever from West Tn to win it all too.

QUOTE(milan57 @ Jan 21 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826340539[/snapback]

At what point did Gleason get beat last year in the postseason? Is this year's team weaker or stronger? I've noticed you seem to be their #1 fan on here.

No, I'm not Gleasons biggest fan, Gleason has alot of fans. I'm a Greenfield fan but I'll pull for Gleason whenever we arent playing them. I hope thats ok with you and HeavyD.

Go Lady Jackets