Riverdale/Siegel Basketball

PHargis

A FATHER EXPRESSES HIS FRUSTRATION

Congratulations to Riverdale on a well deserved win. Coach Burt had them ready to play and I think Coach Bush did, as well. There were keys to the game that, in my opinion, contributed to the end result. As I am a Siegel fan, I will approach this from my slanted point of view.

1) Limit turnovers-Siegel achieved success

2) Shut down Bivens-Mission accomplished

3) Normal defense on AML, she will get her points- She did

4) make the other 3 beat you- they did

5) Control the boards- Siegel did not

6) Limit Riverdale's open shots-Siegel did OK, but Riverdale still had too high a %

Hat's off to Coach Burt , who had a sound game plan and executed it. Hat's off to Coach Bush for mixing up the defense and making Riverdale work hard for their points.

Biased Observations:

1) Siegel has a clear advantage in size, why did they not uitilize it. E.G. Waggoner, Spurlock & Parrott in the paint. They were never in it at the same time.

2) No such thing as a Home Court advantage. Siegel Nation just takes up space. Let them arrive after the girl's game, as they are silent. (Frequent excuses-Girls game is too slow, We get horse yelling for two games, etc..)I am sick of it and hope you get married and only have female offspring! It is a crying shame that you could make a difference and are too arrogant to contribute anything other than a reputation of obnoxious behavior throughout the area......

My opinion only.

Downward spiral, year after year, in the quality of the officials at TSSAA games. They were horrid, balanced between both teams.

A) Young one was arrogant. Smirked when he was booed by both sides, throughout the game. Some of the most outrageous calls I have seen this year, or lack there-of.( Must blame other two, as well, as their whistles must have been rusted shut by slobber)

Old One- Held personal conference with Coach Burt every time Siegel was at the line. Burt was 5 feet out on the court each time. I don't blame him, I'd do it too, if allowed.

C) Other One-1987 Graduate of Riverdale. Riverdale player slid 5 feet on the floor chasing a lose ball and he gave them a time out. No such thing as walking. Allowed chicken wing drives to the basket all night. Guard for the Stars had to leave the game due to bloody mouth/nose on his no call. ACL recovering post had legs taken out on rebound, called foul on post.

D) Bivens was knocked down at least 5 times, no call, ever.

E) ETC, ETC, ETC

There must be no oversight of officials by the TSSAA. This crew should never officiate another game, in my ignorant opinion. I know this is not a popular subject, but some hard working young lady will never play again because some wanna be NBA official wants to "LET 'UM PLAY"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StarsPres @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:43 AM) 826343487[/snapback]

Congratulations to Riverdale on a well deserved win. Coach Burt had them ready to play and I think Coach Bush did, as well. There were keys to the game that, in my opinion, contributed to the end result. As I am a Siegel fan, I will approach this from my slanted point of view.

6) Limit Riverdale's open shots-Siegel did OK, but Riverdale still had too high a %

Hat's off to Coach Burt , who had a sound game plan and executed it. Hat's off to Coach Bush for mixing up the defense and making Riverdale work hard for their points.

Biased Observations:

1) Siegel has a clear advantage in size, why did they not uitilize it. E.G. Waggoner, Spurlock & Parrott in the paint. They were never in it at the same time.

2) No such thing as a Home Court advantage. Siegel Nation just takes up space. Let them arrive after the girl's game, as they are silent. (Frequent excuses-Girls game is too slow, We get horse yelling for two games, etc..)I am sick of it and hope you get married and only have female offspring! It is a crying shame that you could make a difference and are too arrogant to contribute anything other than a reputation of obnoxious behavior throughout the area......

My opinion only.

Downward spiral, year after year, in the quality of the officials at TSSAA games. They were horrid, balanced between both teams.

A) Young one was arrogant. Smirked when he was booed by both sides, throughout the game. Some of the most outrageous calls I have seen this year, or lack there-of.( Must blame other two, as well, as their whistles must have been rusted shut by slobber)

Old One- Held personal conference with Coach Burt every time Siegel was at the line. Burt was 5 feet out on the court each time. I don't blame him, I'd do it too, if allowed.

C) Other One-1987 Graduate of Riverdale. Riverdale player slid 5 feet on the floor chasing a lose ball and he gave them a time out. No such thing as walking. Allowed chicken wing drives to the basket all night. Guard for the Stars had to leave the game due to bloody mouth/nose on his no call. ACL recovering post had legs taken out on rebound, called foul on post.

E) ETC, ETC, ETC

There must be no oversight of officials by the TSSAA. This crew should never officiate another game, in my ignorant opinion. I know this is not a popular subject, but some hard working young lady will never play again because some wanna be NBA official wants to "LET 'UM PLAY"

Pres, you made it here and no one could ever accuse you for not being candid or for that matter non biased . My comments on your comments only verifies yours. This was a well coached game and the score did not show how close it was. Both coaches did have good game plans and got the most out the personnel they had. As everyone knew, Lanning was going to get her points but the only thing missing in the box and one was the box collapsing on her as she drove and that could have been done better. It was evident she was much quicker than anyone on the court. Siegel did not control the boards and it was thought they would and make Coach Bert have to make a move for an obvious mismatch but playing the box did not allow it.

Carrie Parrott was a force on the backboard but she had no one else helping. Sure she got 15 points but Siegels inside game missed the opportunity for numerous other chances . The game was physical but was called evenly but was not the TSSAA's Association's best hour. Personal or makeup calls seemed to be there all night. Incidential contact rules were left to be non calls especially off the ball and got out of control. This is done quite often with Association referees and with many officials teams and will and has gotten players hurt at times. it was a general thing and not slanted one way or the other but once it starts, there is no stopping it and the non calls multiply.

Siegel had a chance to win in the fourth quarter but Riverdale tightened up and didn't give them the chance. This game did deserve a greater crowd.

QUOTE(PHargis @ Jan 24 2007 - 06:23 AM) 826343522[/snapback]

Pres, you made it here and no one could ever accuse you for not being candid or for that matter non biased . My comments on your comments only verifies yours. This was a well coached game and the score did not show how close it was. Both coaches did have good game plans and got the most out the personnel they had. As everyone knew, Lanning was going to get her points but the only thing missing in the box and one was the box collapsing on her as she drove and that could have been done better. It was evident she was much quicker than anyone on the court. Siegel did not control the boards and it was thought they would and make Coach Bert have to make a move for an obvious mismatch but playing the box did not allow it.

Carrie Parrott was a force on the backboard but she had no one else helping. Sure she got 15 points but Siegels inside game missed the opportunity for numerous other chances . The game was physical but was called evenly but was not the TSSAA's Association's best hour. Personal or makeup calls seemed to be there all night. Incidential contact rules were left to be non calls especially off the ball and got out of control. This is done quite often with Association referees and with many officials teams and will and has gotten players hurt at times. it was a general thing and not slanted one way or the other but once it starts, there is no stopping it and the non calls multiply.

Siegel had a chance to win in the fourth quarter but Riverdale tightened up and didn't give them the chance. This game did deserve a greater crowd.

Dang refs!

QUOTE(StarsPres @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:43 AM) 826343487[/snapback]

Biased Observations:

My opinion only.

E) ETC, ETC, ETC

could you e-mail me...jhelton@mail.heltonandassociates.com I have a question.

I will state it again...the refs have be BAD ALL YEAR!!!! but every game the teams have had to adapt. why shld this 1 not be different? TSSAA does need 2 do something about the officials game after game has gotten out of control and that IS the JOB of the officials. sure the coaches are to keep control of their team but every student no matter age will push the limit until stopped no matter what the situation.

QUOTE(StarsPres @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:43 AM) 826343487[/snapback]

2) Shut down Bivens-Mission accomplished Bivens didnt get any protection but that is ok we distributed the ball and got the win

Biased Observations:

My opinion only.

A) Young one was arrogant. Smirked when he was booed by both sides, throughout the game. Some of the most outrageous calls I have seen this year, or lack there-of.( Must blame other two, as well, as their whistles must have been rusted shut by slobber) I totally agree with your assesment of this official he was way over his head in my opinion the game was too fast for him

Old One- Held personal conference with Coach Burt every time Siegel was at the line. Burt was 5 feet out on the court each time. I don't blame him, I'd do it too, if allowed.that is becasue we had so many fouls called agianst us8-3 and we were winning that coach has to get an explantation of what the fouls were as some of them if you want to be honest we are still scratching our head

C) Other One-1987 Graduate of Riverdale. THIS IS NOT TRUE I JUST LOOKED IT UP IN MY ANNUAL AND HE IS NOT IN THERE AND I WAS ALSO AT THE SCHOOL AT THAT TIME i THINK he is a graduate of oakland I KNOW HIS DAUGHTER WAS but in my opinon that is irrelevaent i thought he actualy did a good job i may have disagreed with a call or 2 but in basketball that is normal Riverdale player slid 5 feet on the floor chasing a lose ball and he gave them a time out. No such thing as walking. Allowed chicken wing drives to the basket all night. Guard for the Stars had to leave the game due to bloody mouth/nose on his no call. ACL recovering post had legs taken out on rebound, called foul on post. funny the way i saw that play was our girl was tackled to the ground with no foul call so he allowed the time out when she wshould have been shooting free throws

D) Bivens was knocked down at least 5 times, no call, ever.totally agree she got popped in the mouth and tackled and slapped almost all night long and she got non protection whatsoever however on the defense sid eof the ball the little tap was called against her

E) ETC, ETC, ETC

There must be no oversight of officials by the TSSAA. This crew should never officiate another game, in my ignorant opinion. I know this is not a popular subject, but some hard working young lady will never play again because some wanna be NBA official wants to "LET 'UM PLAY"are you saying that one of your girls got hurt last night and is out for the year? i truly am sorry to hear that but i dont remember anyone coming off the court hurt which one is she and i will put her and her family on my prayer list

im gonna try and addressa lot of what you said in here some i agree with some i dont im gonna try and go up and answer in bold and see if i can pull this off wish me luck on the offficiating i thought the the young guy was terrible and the older go just a tad below avergae i think the other guy is getting really good every year he improves and i do think he deserves to be in games like these each time out ( i do know his name but i dont want ot put it on here that is how i was able to look him up in the yearbook

I didnt do a good job of bolding i told yall im terrible at this stuff lol

The young official i agree was way over his head!!! the game was way too fast for him in my opinion

the official you said was a riverdale gradute in 87 is INCORRECT i looked it up in the yearbook and i didnt see him in it i do know that his daughter graduated from oakland but i dont think any of that really matters i dont care what school these officials are affliated with when they are on the court they are ognna call what they see not what school they like or dislike i thught overall he did a really good job and is more than qualified to do our games in fact we have had him 3 or 4 times this year and i cant say there has been a whole lot to aregue with there have been calls i disagreed with but overall he does a good job

ok i think i am done now lol

QUOTE(unc4life @ Jan 24 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826344486[/snapback]

I will state it again...the refs have be BAD ALL YEAR!!!! but every game the teams have had to adapt. why shld this 1 not be different? TSSAA does need 2 do something about the officials game after game has gotten out of control and that IS the JOB of the officials. sure the coaches are to keep control of their team but every student no matter age will push the limit until stopped no matter what the situation.

I disagree the refs have not been bad all year the worst we have had this year was oakland and then 2 of the 3 at the siegel game i think overall the refs have been better this year than they have been in a long time

OH 2P back in the day 84-89 the student section on both sides were great keep in mind in 85 and i THINK 86 we went to state and then yall got really good but both sides were pretty cray oakland used get on Tim Corder really bad they would chant DADDY AND stuff like that to him those were the days lol