1/27 Liberty vs Oak Hill Academy,VA

timbdp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Jan 27 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826348384[/snapback]

I guess thats why they beat you by 22, right?

Do you want to have a conversation with me or ask stupid questions?

No they can't run with Liberty.....they were hassling like dogs. Every time Liberty would get the break they would go down and miss easy shots. Liberty was faster on defense......and was getting the charging fouls, they could get into position faster. When they went to the line they were missing most of their freethrows.

I'm not saying that Liberty could beat Oakhill.....but it could have been a little closer....at least.

If your gonna lose.....look good doing it.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Jan 27 2007 - 05:45 PM) 826348388[/snapback]

Do you want to have a conversation with me or ask stupid questions?

No they can't run with Liberty.....they were hassling like dogs. Every time Liberty would get the break they would go down and miss easy shots. Liberty was faster on defense......and was getting the charging fouls, they could get into position faster. When they went to the line they were missing most of their freethrows.

I'm not saying that Liberty could beat Oakhill.....but it could have been a little closer....at least.

If your gonna lose.....look good doing it.

They weren't going full speed, cause about 30 seconds into the game, they knew they wouldn't have to... Liberty turned it over so many times because Oak Hill pressured them, It could have been worse: How many free throws did Oak Hill miss, especially in the first half?... Oak Hill got NO LOVE from the in-state refs. All but 2 of those charges were ridicules. On one of them, one of the Liberty players tripped over his own feet and the Oak Hill player was about a foot away from him, and they called a charge... At least Tennessee isn't the only state where most of the refs are a joke. In the first half, they wouldn't give Oak Hill anything, and in the second half, they were just plain awful on both sides of the ball. They were way out of their league calling that game. It was to fast for those guys. They've probably never seen anything like in their life, and probably never will again.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Jan 27 2007 - 04:59 PM) 826348412[/snapback]

They weren’t going full speed, cause about 30 seconds into the game, they knew they wouldn’t have to... Liberty turned it over so many times because Oak Hill pressured them… It could have been worse: How many free throws did Oak Hill miss, especially in the first half?... Oak Hill got NO LOVE from the in-state refs. All but 2 of those charges were ridicules. On one of them, one of the Liberty players tripped over his own feet and the Oak Hill player was about a foot away from him, and they called a charge.… At least Tennessee isn’t the only state where most of the refs aren’t a joke. In the first half, they wouldn’t give Oak Hill anything, and in the second half, they were just plain awful on both sides of the ball. They were way out of their league calling that game. It was to fast for those guys. They’ve probably never seen anything like in their life, and probably never will again.

Oakhill looked like the same team that played the Chicago team.....tired and sloppy for their ranking.... Chicago hit their shots we didn't. Your right the refs were pretty bad......they could have gave Oakhill a little more help.

Now were going over to the gym and see Liberty play Haywood.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Jan 27 2007 - 06:08 PM) 826348425[/snapback]

Oakhill looked like the same team that played the Chicago team.....tired and sloppy for their ranking.... Chicago hit their shots we didn't. Your right the refs were pretty bad......they could have gave Oakhill a little more help.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!

Oak Hill has been in a slump for about 2 weeks now. I thought booth teams were about even in quickness, but Oak Hill was to big and strong for Liberty. If it hadn't been for their strenth under the basket the game would of been a toss up. With about 5 min. to go Liberty got real agressive on defense but they couldn't keep it up long enough. You've got to remember, Oak Hill is probably the best high school basketball team year in and year out there ever has been. And this year is no different. Liberty did well against them. I think they are the best team in Tennessee and will win AA again this year.

Everybody is right about the refs. Especially the one with the tight polyester pants. I think they were used to the "grandpaw style" of basketball they play in this area. Where the guard brings the ball up court, they pass it around for about 2 minutes until somebody gets open and shoots, and the final score is 38-32. I hate that crap.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 27 2007 - 07:26 PM) 826348492[/snapback]

Everybody is right about the refs. Especially the one with the tight polyester pants. I think they were used to the "grandpaw style" of basketball they play in this area. Where the guard brings the ball up court, they pass it around for about 2 minutes until somebody gets open and shoots, and the final score is 38-32. I hate that crap.

Yeah, they especially play that brand of ball there in Southwest Virginia.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Jan 27 2007 - 05:08 PM) 826348425[/snapback]

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!

Oak Hill deserved their ranking year in and year out.This Oak Hill team isnt as strong as the other Oak Hill teams,because they dont have much depth and their inside guys are soft.But they are very good on the perimeter with Jennings,Smith, and Legion.You keep saying the Chicago team.The Simeon team is a good team that has the best point guard in the state in Derrick Rose.In that game,Rose made his teammates better and got htem open looks at the basket all nite.Liberty doesnt have a point guard like Rose,and i knew that Sampson was going to have problems with the long guys of Oak Hill when they started full court pressuring.It was a good experience for Liberty and i also think that they will the AA state tournament,but to beat Oak Hill,you have to play an A+ game.

QUOTE(chipper_jones_4mvp @ Jan 28 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826349237[/snapback]

Oak Hill deserved their ranking year in and year out.This Oak Hill team isnt as strong as the other Oak Hill teams,because they dont have much depth and their inside guys are soft.But they are very good on the perimeter with Jennings,Smith, and Legion.You keep saying the Chicago team.The Simeon team is a good team that has the best point guard in the state in Derrick Rose.In that game,Rose made his teammates better and got htem open looks at the basket all nite.Liberty doesnt have a point guard like Rose,and i knew that Sampson was going to have problems with the long guys of Oak Hill when they started full court pressuring.It was a good experience for Liberty and i also think that they will the AA state tournament,but to beat Oak Hill,you have to play an A+ game.

Which brings up another point.......I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but I thought #10 Brice did a good job when he came in for Sampson. He's bigger and pretty quick.

I agree though.....you have to bring the A+ game, and we didn't bring even close to that.

Liberty looked really tired Sat. night against Haywood......maybe their getting a little rest now. Their probably only running 4 or 5 miles a day instead of the usual 8 or 10....lol.

QUOTE(t-mac @ Jan 29 2007 - 04:46 PM) 826350644[/snapback]

They simply did not win so just take it and build from the loss and quit making up excuses. They are a AA team and no one gave them a chance except their fans so just be proud of your team and quit making up excuses because you sound sad. Your still the favorite in AA

MILK COWS.....your killin' me!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAaaaaaa!!!!!!!