James C. Haile

The General

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to make a few comments about the officiating in the JC Haile tourney. It is the same old song and dance down there every year. You have these officials that have been officiating since World War II and they continue to worsen every year. It's as if fouls aren't part of their vocabulary. If they are not willing to call fouls in order to speed up the game, then it needs to be turned over to some people who are willing to at least try to do a good job. I'm not commenting from a biased standpoint because they are bad for both teams in every game I have seen. If they were as focused on trying to call the game correctly as they are getting that paycheck everybody involved would be a lot better off. Hey MTCS , new gym next year, get some new referees.

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Feb 1 2007 - 10:54 PM) 826355371[/snapback]

I just wanted to make a few comments about the officiating in the JC Haile tourney. It is the same old song and dance down there every year. You have these officials that have been officiating since World War II and they continue to worsen every year. It's as if fouls aren't part of their vocabulary. If they are not willing to call fouls in order to speed up the game, then it needs to be turned over to some people who are willing to at least try to do a good job. I'm not commenting from a biased standpoint because they are bad for both teams in every game I have seen. If they were as focused on trying to call the game correctly as they are getting that paycheck everybody involved would be a lot better off. Hey MTCS , new gym next year, get some new referees.

Are they getting a new gym next year?

Overton County teams did very well in this tournament.

Rickman girls won there division.

Allons girls won there division. ( I was told they made a big comeback)

Allons boys were runner-up in there division (lost by 3 to a bigger and stronger Nashville team)

*Not a bad week for Overton County. Gives us more to look forward to at the big LA...

Any word on when the Overton Co. tournament will be General?

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 5 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826359101[/snapback]

Overton County teams did very well in this tournament.

Rickman girls won there division.

Allons girls won there division. ( I was told they made a big comeback)

Allons boys were runner-up in there division (lost by 3 to a bigger and stronger Nashville team)

*Not a bad week for Overton County. Gives us more to look forward to at the big LA...

Any word on when the Overton Co. tournament will be General?

The Allons boys gave a valiant effort in their game against NCS. They had an excellent chance to win, but some late game turnovers really hurt. They battled hard, but the opposition had 10 3's. That is hard to overcome. I'm sure it was a bitter pill for the boys to swallow, but they can be proud of the effort they gave.

The Allons Hawks played a great game. The Hawks lost in a hard-fought game to Nashville Christian by 3. The Hawks had their chances late in the game, but just couldn't convert. Turnovers and free-throws were costly for the Hawks. Coming into this game the Hawks were shooting 62% from the free-throw line on the year. In this game the Hawks shot only 43%, missing 8 free-throws. Nashville Christian is a good team and the Hawks have every reason to be proud of their efforts.

Hayden Hill, Logan Ramsey, and Colby Reeder were selected to the all-tournament team. Kailen Melton, Josh Johnson, and Beau Carr also played great through-out the tournament for the Hawks.

Allons Hawks will play next in the 1A division of the TNT State Tournament.

Nashville Christian had to forfeit their AA division game of the TNT to play the Hawks in the Championship game.