Springfield @ Clarksville

ut18vols

District # 1 v. District # 2

Hopefully Springfield wont get blown out this time. I feel Springfield is doing alot better than earlier this year. No one is the district has stopped the Wildcats. Hopefully Springfield will do good Tuesday night. One thing i know Clarksville has owned Springfield for the past 2 years by beating Springfield 3 times in a row. I hope the seniors know this cause this could be their last shot at beating Clarksville.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is the game I've been waiting for. Aside from a trip to Henry, this is the last true district test for Clarksville. Springfield had them eariler in their house and blew it. Who knows what to expect from Springfield, they can't hardly put a whole quarter together let alone a game. A win for Clarksville and they're 1st. A win for Springfield, however, will result in a tie for 1st with Henry 1 game back. So the fan in me would like to see a close district (adv. Springfield), but the realist in me knows that ain't gonna happen. I say Springfield will play them tough for 3 quarters (not necessarily sequential), but that other quarter they'll self-destruct and that's where Clarksville will beat them.

The first meeting is history. Springfield is playing better but they need to learn how to keep a lead when they're ahead and play smart for ALL FOUR QUARTERS. Too many times this year, they have squandered big leads and it's almost cost them games. I don't look for Springfield to just keep it close, I want them to WIN. GO JACKETS!!

Springfield CAN win...

It is always hard to beat a team twice in a season. If Springfield will come and play from the beginning then they will have a chance. I will be cheering for Springfield as Chaos said to make it a more interesting district.

I personally feel like someone will be Clarksville at some point...either tonight, next Tues. when Clarksville travels to Henry Co. or maybe in the district.

At some point one team will put together 4 quarters and maybe get a little lucky. I wish I was gonna be at this one...

QUOTE(triplethreat_00 @ Jan 23 2007 - 10:05 AM) 826342247[/snapback]

Springfield CAN win...

It is always hard to beat a team twice in a season. If Springfield will come and play from the beginning then they will have a chance. I will be cheering for Springfield as Chaos said to make it a more interesting district.

I personally feel like someone will be Clarksville at some point...either tonight, next Tues. when Clarksville travels to Henry Co. or maybe in the district.

At some point one team will put together 4 quarters and maybe get a little lucky. I wish I was gonna be at this one...

Well why don't you go then, it's not that bad a drive for you. Make your wishes come true!

I recognize that Clarksville is a good team, but the team that they played last time is not the same team they will play tonight. Springfield has made vast improvements since the last time these two teams met. The success of the Springfield football team caused the basketball team to get off to a slow start, but Springfield has taken care of that and is now ready and willing to defend their District Title. This is gonna be a great battle between the two best teams in the District. I am looking forward to cheering the Jackets to a victory and avenging that early season loss to the Wildcats.