Ooltewah High Coach Relieved of Duties

hiway58

From Chattanooga Channel 3 www.wrcbtv.com

Ooltewah High School Principal Ed Foster has relieved Varsity Basketball Coach Ron Baker of his coaching duties.

Coach Baker was suspended on Friday pending the outcome of an investigation into allegations that he made inappropriate comments after a basketball game last week.

Dr. Jim Scales, superintendent of Hamilton County Schools, is reviewing the results of that investigation and will make a decision regarding further disciplinary action next week.

If this is the punishment for using this word then I do think that the school has to crack down on the students for using it. I don't understand why people of the african american race can use this term withought any backlash. I think people need to gain some respect for themselves and quit using it. This word is horrible and should never come out of anyone's mouth.

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Jan 22 2007 - 02:37 PM) 826341254[/snapback]

If this is the punishment for using this word then I do think that the school has to crack down on the students for using it. I don't understand why people of the african american race can use this term withought any backlash. I think people need to gain some respect for themselves and quit using it. This word is horrible and should never come out of anyone's mouth.

you hit the nail on the head. black people for the most part have no respect for themselves or each other. if they did they wouldn't use such a vulgar term to describe themselves. still baker should not have said it if nothing else he set himself up for the very action that was handed down to him.

QUOTE(tn sarcasm @ Jan 22 2007 - 04:19 PM) 826341323[/snapback]

you hit the nail on the head. black people for the most part have no respect for themselves or each other. if they did they wouldn't use such a vulgar term to describe themselves. still baker should not have said it if nothing else he set himself up for the very action that was handed down to him.

Please tell me you didn't mean this the way it sounds.