Sequoyah Football

Sequoyah SID

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Jan 29 2007 - 05:00 PM) 826350601[/snapback]

You are exactly right. It is only a small step to take to the high school level, but maybe it would encourage everyone else to get on board and help take it even further. As I have always said, you have to crawl before you can walk.

The only thing is. Can Termite and James coach together??

That would be fun to watch..

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:00 PM) 826350601[/snapback]

You are exactly right. It is only a small step to take to the high school level, but maybe it would encourage everyone else to get on board and help take it even further. As I have always said, you have to crawl before you can walk.

would be great to see this our two towns need to come togather. What those kids done in two short weeks was great. The reason it went so well was that everyone involved put themselves aside and wanted the same thing. I hope this is are new direction.

QUOTE(warchief @ Jan 29 2007 - 05:21 PM) 826350626[/snapback]

would be great to see this our two towns need to come togather. What those kids done in two short weeks was great. The reason it went so well was that everyone involved put themselves aside and wanted the same thing. I hope this is are new direction.

I couldn't agree more. Well, I'm done for the day, need to go see my basketball commissioners over a matter that happened this weekend. Continue tomorrow hopefully.

I have been away for a couple of days, looks like I have missed out on some good gossip (some may be true). The talk about an alumni game has spiked my interest. I'm all for it, just name the place and time. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I guess we will have to practice some. If this were to happen, what do you guys have in mind. A Vonore only alumni game, a Vonore v/s Madisonville alumni game, or Vonore and Madisonville players divided into two teams all for community unity (the last is my least favorite). Flag football would be fine with me too. I played in a Vonore alumni basketball game a few years ago and I enjoyed it. It was a good time to see everyone again. I don't know if this could happen or not, but it sure would be fun. It think my dad may have mentioned playing in alumni games at Vonore in the past, maybe in the 70's.

QUOTE(vonore12 @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:42 AM) 826351550[/snapback]

I have been away for a couple of days, looks like I have missed out on some good gossip (some may be true). The talk about an alumni game has spiked my interest. I'm all for it, just name the place and time. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I guess we will have to practice some. If this were to happen, what do you guys have in mind. A Vonore only alumni game, a Vonore v/s Madisonville alumni game, or Vonore and Madisonville players divided into two teams all for community unity (the last is my least favorite). Flag football would be fine with me too. I played in a Vonore alumni basketball game a few years ago and I enjoyed it. It was a good time to see everyone again. I don't know if this could happen or not, but it sure would be fun. It think my dad may have mentioned playing in alumni games at Vonore in the past, maybe in the 70's.

It seems to be spiking everyone's interest. We will need to check on this. The last time something like this was brought up, the director of schools at that time said that because of some policy it could not happen. Someone needs to find out if it could happen. I would be willing to help get it together if it is possible.

QUOTE(vonore12 @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:42 AM) 826351550[/snapback]

Again. 1 week a year the two communities can refelect and HONOR the PAST. The the other 51 weeks they can combine forces and focus on the building of the FUTURE. I think it would assist in healing wounds, and begin the community unity that has been too long absent. Proceeds could go to the program or to set up a couple of scharlorships in honor of some of the greats from the past at both.

QUOTE(V IS 4 VICTORY @ Jan 30 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826351563[/snapback]

Again. 1 week a year the two communities can refelect and HONOR the PAST. The the other 51 weeks they can combine forces and focus on the building of the FUTURE. I think it would assist in healing wounds, and begin the community unity that has been too long absent. Proceeds could go to the program or to set up a couple of scharlorships in honor of some of the greats from the past at both.

I agree, and from what I have heard in both communities, a lot of people have pretty much the same feeling. Why don't you check and see if it is possible and we will start the ball rolling on organizing it.

QUOTE(slobber knocker @ Jan 26 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826347113[/snapback]

Are any of these kids still in school, I remember the game being played but do not remember when.

The kids that played in that game were 7th and 8th graders at the time. They are now our Senior and Junior players at SQHS. I believe it is time to do it again. It was a wonderful experience for the kids, parents and the coaches. Go Chiefs

QUOTE(equate @ Jan 30 2007 - 01:12 PM) 826351643[/snapback]

The kids that played in that game were 7th and 8th graders at the time. They are now our Senior and Junior players at SQHS. I believe it is time to do it again. It was a wonderful experience for the kids, parents and the coaches. Go Chiefs

I'm game if anyone else is. If anyone else is contact me. Should go ahead and get the word out to build as much interest as possible. I'm sure the new staff would be willing to get involved. If anyone needs to contact me, just click on name, e-mail is in profile. Let's let this new staff know we are serious about helping get these kids ready to play on the high school level and serious about doing what it takes to help make the program a successful one.

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:51 AM) 826351558[/snapback]

It seems to be spiking everyone's interest. We will need to check on this. The last time something like this was brought up, the director of schools at that time said that because of some policy it could not happen. Someone needs to find out if it could happen. I would be willing to help get it together if it is possible.

I guess there are several policies that would have to be addressed. The first issue would be insurance, if someone were to get hurt. Then we would have to see what equipement we could use. I have been wondering if something like this could happen and maybe someone could make it work. I think you could probably fill the stands at Sequoyah for this game, for 5.00 a person, you could have a great fund raiser. If a full contact game is not possible, then maybe a flag football tournament, with the championship game played the night before or a few hours before Sequoyah's home opener. However, I don't think this would be as big a fund raiser as the full contact game.

QUOTE(vonore12 @ Jan 30 2007 - 04:02 PM) 826351779[/snapback]

I guess there are several policies that would have to be addressed. The first issue would be insurance, if someone were to get hurt. Then we would have to see what equipement we could use. I have been wondering if something like this could happen and maybe someone could make it work. I think you could probably fill the stands at Sequoyah for this game, for 5.00 a person, you could have a great fund raiser. If a full contact game is not possible, then maybe a flag football tournament, with the championship game played the night before or a few hours before Sequoyah's home opener. However, I don't think this would be as big a fund raiser as the full contact game.

You are right would be a good fundraiser. Several years ago madisonville & Tellico had an alumni game best i can remember pretty big crowd. Guys were so bad out of shape they were coming off the field faster than they could get them on. The down side to full contact was there were some injuries, one guy broke his leg had to miss abit of work.