Brentwood in 2007

mvs_bwood

QUOTE(5A football fan @ Feb 8 2007 - 02:29 PM) 826363787[/snapback]

Smyrna scored almost as many on you as they did on us and we held them to 10 points in the first half.. I'm not saying anything about how good we are just that I wouldn't be talking about a darkside defense when smyrna scored 35 points on you in the championship game.

It is what it is. Get over it! If Ravenwood or anyone else has a name for their defense, what does it matter to you? Are you the defense name police? You are barking up the wrong tree buddy.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(5A football fan @ Feb 8 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826363810[/snapback]

I don't have a dog in the fight the only reason I like Brentwood is because of coach Crawford. I was actually pulling for Ravenwood in the title game...But, you lost to Brentwood in 2006 and they were very, very young and inexperienced this year they will be twice as good what makes you think the outcome will be any different?

All things happen for a reason in 2006 and Ravenwood lost to Brentwood as well as Franklin, Dickson County, and BA. OK, you learn from it and improve from it. Did the team quit and lay down? No! Did Smyrna lay down after it loss to Ravenwood or Riverdale? No! Both teams worked on getting better and dividends were paid in the end.

Ravenwood is coming back with a strong or stronger team for 2007. No need to doubt Ravenwood will be back for 2007. If you do, it is par for the course as in 2005 and 2006. As for Brentwood in 2006, I don't think they were sucking their thumbs and wearing diapers. You know as much about Brentwood as I know about Coffee County, very little.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Feb 8 2007 - 05:47 PM) 826364098[/snapback]

All things happen for a reason in 2006 and Ravenwood lost to Brentwood as well as Franklin, Dickson County, and BA. OK, you learn from it and improve from it. Did the team quit and lay down? No! Did Smyrna lay down after it loss to Ravenwood or Riverdale? No! Both teams worked on getting better and dividends were paid in the end.

Ravenwood is coming back with a strong or stronger team for 2007. No need to doubt Ravenwood will be back for 2007. If you do, it is par for the course as in 2005 and 2006. As for Brentwood in 2006, I don't think they were sucking their thumbs and wearing diapers. You know as much about Brentwood as I know about Coffee County, very little.

All this talk about Brentwood and Ravenwood is quite amusing. The expectations for both Brentwood and Ravenwood seem a little high going in to 2007. BHS may have been young this year at certain positions, but they also have some holes to fill with unproven players. Crawford does a great job and will get what he can out of his kids game in and game out. Speaking of unproven, start with the QB position!

As for Ravenwood, major rebuilding year, once again. Rector is another fine coach and gets everything he can out of his kids as well. The problem I see for Ravenwood in 2007 is in their front lines. Becker is a talented player, but cannot do it by himself.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Feb 8 2007 - 05:25 PM) 826364068[/snapback]

It is what it is. Get over it! If Ravenwood or anyone else has a name for their defense, what does it matter to you? Are you the defense name police? You are barking up the wrong tree buddy.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Feb 8 2007 - 05:47 PM) 826364098[/snapback]

I don't claim to know everything about Brentwood, I just know they were a young team last year with only one returning starter and they should be better this year.

Good luck to Brentwood and Ravenwood in 2007.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Feb 8 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826363728[/snapback]I was lurking around the Bruins Gym during a basketball game on the weekend. Where do they hide it? I was going to tell it not to worry, it will be back home soon in the comforts of Ravenwood.

It is a very impressive trophy. It's a football carved out of wood and polished, sitting on a pedestal base. I forgot history of the origin of the wood to carve the ball but one of the trees in the community gave its dear life for it. It is much, much more impressive than the $20 dollar piece of tin plate gold trophy the state hands out at the championship game.

Rap, you were lurking around the wrong part of campus. Since it will be some time before you get to see it again here's a picture of it in its current resting place. Its more a motivational tool than a trophy. Plus there's no room in the trophy cases thanks to the all of the other state championship trophies.

Also, CoachT should give you and 5AFootballFan a commision on my Plus membership, which you guys forced me to buy to take back control of this Brentwood thread!

I didn't see any news on college signings for the Raps. Any word on Cleckner, Thompson, Snoeyenbos, Laidlaw, Williams, etc.?

Can't wait til spring practice!

QUOTE(5A football fan @ Feb 23 2007 - 06:23 PM) 826386357[/snapback]I just hope the Bruins have a successful 2007... good luck

Same to ya 5A. You were much improved last year - hope that trend continues. Good luck against the rest of Region 3.

Enjoyed our series the last 2 years. Wish we'd play more eastern bracket teams that aren't from Rutherford County.

QUOTE(papabear74 @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826385713[/snapback]Rap, you were lurking around the wrong part of campus. Since it will be some time before you get to see it again here's a picture of it in its current resting place. Its more a motivational tool than a trophy. Plus there's no room in the trophy cases thanks to the all of the other state championship trophies. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Also, CoachT should give you and 5AFootballFan a commision on my Plus membership, which you guys forced me to buy to take back control of this Brentwood thread!

I didn't see any news on college signings for the Raps. Any word on Cleckner, Thompson, Snoeyenbos, Laidlaw, Williams, etc.?

Can't wait til spring practice!

Great picture! I guess the Goody's Powders are for the next season game? They should come in handy for the coaches at both schools. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Don't forget to bring the trophy, it misses home.

On the college signings, some news will be coming down in the next few weeks. I'll let the school and/or parents announce it.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Feb 8 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826363728[/snapback]I was lurking around the Bruins Gym during a basketball game on the weekend. Where do they hide it? I was going to tell it not to worry, it will be back home soon in the comforts of Ravenwood.

It is a very impressive trophy. It's a football carved out of wood and polished, sitting on a pedestal base. I forgot history of the origin of the wood to carve the ball but one of the trees in the community gave its dear life for it. It is much, much more impressive than the $20 dollar piece of tin plate gold trophy the state hands out at the championship game.

So sorry you couldn't talk with your little friend but I am sure any of the other multitude of trophies that grace the halls of Brentwood would have listened to anything you had to say.