Franklin @ Independence - 1/26

Cubs05SC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826343938[/snapback]

If Franklin regains their intensity and shots the ball well from 3 land. Get ready for a Whopping. Saying that I thought Franklin would win by 15+ last time. We really need to do a good job on Kuchar this time.

Prediction Franklin by 6

Well last night, we all saw what Indy does in the 4th. It's the first three quarters that gets them into trouble sometimes. Franklin takes this one after a strong early run. The momeny that Nick gets in foul trouble, look for Batt and Siske to take off.

Indy cannot afford to fall behind by 17 points before mounting a comeback. This worked against Centennial and almost worked against Franklin, but they really need to step their game up if they want to prove that they can beat the kings of district 11.

This should be an incredible atmosphere--the best that Indy will have ever played in at home (including last year's matchup against Page.)

Donnathan is right, if Indy falls behind big to Franklin again I don't think they will be able to make that kind of a comeback again. However if Indy comes out and plays like they did at the beginning of the season and don't let Franklin get a big lead, I believe Independence will be able to pull out a W in the end.

Should be a great game I can't wait.

One heck of a game... We will see who shows up... hopefully it is the 4th quarter team of IHS

(p.s. I hate to plug on here b/c its strictly sports but were desprate..... Visit the silent auction at the game friday.. lots of cool stuff trying to fund the first full IHS prom... we need all the help we can get.. sooo stop by and make a bid or 2.. thanks )

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826343938[/snapback]

If Franklin regains their intensity and shots the ball well from 3 land. Get ready for a Whopping. Saying that I thought Franklin would win by 15+ last time. We really need to do a good job on Kuchar this time.

Prediction Franklin by 6

If Franklin is going to lose a district game, this is the one. Franklin was on an incredible roll and then hit the wall the last three games. Every basketball team goes through a down period and they appear to be in one, even though they are still winning. Meanwhile Indy should have tons of confidence the way they charged back in the fourth quarter in the last meeting. The atmosphere should be tremendous and the home court advantage should be enough to pull off this minor upset.

Indy by 5.

NASHHSFAN: If you call "hitting the wall" two double digit wins over Ravenwood and Overton then I guess you are right? Some teams have off nights, but when you can mange a 10+point victory that is a good sign. HS Kids can't play with big game rivalry intensity every single night, but winning games not shooting or playing your best is an undertone for good things to come. The Rebels will get a shot in the arm with the "INDY" game this friday, that should re-energize them after a BIG victory to carry them to tourney time. Don't be surprised if the games not close on FRIDAY, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

How Franklin will win:

They can score from anywhere on the court, and they've been able to win because they find the other team's soft spot in the defense. Indy plays good outside D, but they are very inconsistent in their inside D, which breaks down rather easily. If Franklin gives it to Batt and Siske down low, they can go on some long runs, especially if Nick gets in foul trouble.

How Independence will win:

Franklin plays some aggressive D, and have caused some teams to go into an early panic. Independence just needs to play their game and control the pace of the game. They cannot rely on Nick down low as long as Redbone is in the game, so the outside shooting is going to be the key. If Kuchie and Wes are accurate with their shots, Indy can put some big points on the board.

Both teams are full of talent, and although I would love to see Indy take this one, I'm sticking of my prediction of an 8 point Franklin victory.

Can't wait for this game either. Hopefully, Coach Henry watched the game film of the first match instead of promoting his website or upcoming movie regarding his pro career. The Rebels led by super soph Michael Young dominated the first matchup for the majority of the game. Not sure if INDY has anyone that can match up with Derrick Batt. I definitely look for INDY's starters to come up with a chip on the shoulder considering how they started the last game these two teams played. The Rebels have been winning all the games that the are supposed to win and that is the sign of a well coached team. I really like how Coach Johnson utilizes his young talent. I think INDY is a solid team, but they are NOT on the Rebel's level. Home court, schmome court, even on the road, I look for the REBELS to dominate this game from start to finish. One more thing, I think it would do the INDY kids good, if their coach would worry about their strategy and instead of whining over every call and throwing his hands up like he's signaling a good Rob Bironas field goal. See ya'll at the game.

Nashville's Finest

BGA Girl's Volleyball 2007 STATE CHAMPS!!!!