Franklin @ Independence - 1/26

Cubs05SC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thehighschoolfan @ Jan 26 2007 - 03:52 PM) 826347256[/snapback]

Who Run It? That would be Franklin, running Independence out of their own gym. This is a waste of time for the Rebels, as the Eagles don't belong on the same court as Franklin. They don't even deserve to breathe the same air the Rebels do. Rebels by 30 over the overrated, second rated Independence. I don't think anyone should come to the game, it will be over at half time. Only losing by 3 last time was the biggest fluke of the season. We have no respect for Indy because they don't deserve it.

You are a moron. Just shut your mouth. Lost by 3 first matchup at your dam* gym. Indy by 4-8 depending on last second freethrows and desperation fouls by FHS. No blowout here though.

RECAP: So predictable... the storylines coming in held true to form. Coach Jay Johnson's Rebels took INDY behind the woodshed. Henrie was completely outcoached. Johnson did a nice job of switching defenses and keeping INDY out of rythym. That being said Kuchar is still a player. The sign of a good team is improvement. Luttrel still cannot stay on the floor and its no wonder he doesnt get any help when Coach Henrie gives birth over every call that is made. Franklin continues to dominate the district and INDY will not do anything until Henrie realizes that the HS game is not about him, but about the kids. Do something constructive during the game and strategize. I really like the super soph Young from Franklin. That was a big time three he hit in the corner when he drew out his bow and arrow and stuck the dagger in INDY! Great HS atmosphere and once again another great job of preparation by Jay Johnson and his young Rebel team.

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826347581[/snapback]

Tennessean lists the final as

FRANKLIN 70

INDEPENDENCE 55

Can anyone confirm that? Details? Looking at the Q-by-Q, It looks like this wasn't as close as everyone thought.

Yeah its right except i think Indy only had 53 but maybe they snuck a last minute one in

If Indy ran the man to man, then that would explain the 8 three-pointers hit by Frabklin. For some reason, no team can guard Franklin with a man to man defense. They cross each other alot in transition and always seems to get someone wide-open. I wasn't at the game, so I don't know for sure. But Franklin does that alot against man-to-man Defenses.

MY PREDICTION HELD TRUE: BATT AND GLOVER DID DOMINATE! The rebels have 2 many answers right now. Little Glover gave good minutes and Young will be something to watch as he gets older. Same story, "INDY" loses again, and Franklin coninues to dominate even when they don't shoot great. Give it up for the Rebels staff, they had this team focused and ready to play. If they get hot during tourney time, who knows what can happen.

REBELS DOMINATE: NUFF SAID

My keys to the game were pretty much dead-on. Jay Johnson is one of the best coaches around--his defensive gameplan is excellent and denies Indy of any consistent offense. That being said, the players execute and bring a ton of intensity to the table on defense.

Franklin capitalizes on mistakes while rarely making them. Indy cut the lead to 4 with six minutes to play but Franklin did not waver and stayed poised and hit shots (including free throws this time--you can tell they had worked a lot on those) down the stretch.

Ryan Glover came to play tonight as I had expected he would--that kid is a player. I love Derek Batt's intensity, too.

Redbone was a non-factor considering that he was T-ed up after arguing his 3rd foul early in the third frame and had to sit with four fouls for nearly the rest of the game.

Luttrell had 15 and should've had about 30. He mishandled passes at a stunning rate. Independence could not quite close the gap, and as was the case in the first matchup, Indy could not make the defensive plays when they needed to.

Franklin is just a good team with great coaching. I could see this team making a serious run come region time.

As for Indy, they absolutely need to regroup. They need to stay focused win their remaining 11-AAA contests.

Indy lacked intensity and hunger tonight on both sides of the ball, something very disappointing. I think that Indy needs a much stronger gameplan and a much tougher attitude if they want to beat teams like Franklin...the thing is that they had that attitude against Clarksville earlier in the season, so I know that it's in them.

I'm too tired to say anything else.

Congratulations to Coach Johnson (my former umpiring supervisor) and his Rebels for another solid 11-AAA win. The fact that they haven't dropped a district game in two years and a road game in three is a testament to the job that Coach J is doing over there.

Good luck to both teams down the stretch--maybe we'll meet again in districts.