Is Bradley scared of Baylor?

johnnybravo12

i have never heard of a dual between baylor and bradley in my 13 years of following this wonderful sport. I see where baylor wrestles teams like parkview, collins hill, soddy daisy, and whoever else they can get a hold of so i know they arent scared to get a loss. what is up with bradley, imho they must be scared of the big red machine.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rocky14533 @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:18 PM) 826343987[/snapback]

Baylor and Bradley use to wrestle, the last match was in 1999, and also the last time Baylor attended the Bradley invitational. I dont think you know what kind of hornets nest you just stirred up, but I'm sure it is going to get ugly.

huh i dont remember the 99 matchup, however, i wasnt as involved as i am now. i see why baylor stopped going to the bradley inv. however b/c they now go to the mccallie inv. which is a whole lot better. why doesnt bradley change their tourny date so they can make the mccallie inv. or are they scared of mccallie too. i know they probably arent this year, but they couldnt dual them this year and then not whenever they become a powerhouse again, which could be anytime. even with your info. rocky i still think bradley is a bit red raider shy.

QUOTE(johnnybravo12 @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:25 PM) 826344006[/snapback]

huh i dont remember the 99 matchup, however, i wasnt as involved as i am now. i see why baylor stopped going to the bradley inv. however b/c they now go to the mccallie inv. which is a whole lot better. why doesnt bradley change their tourny date so they can make the mccallie inv. or are they scared of mccallie too. i know they probably arent this year, but they couldnt dual them this year and then not whenever they become a powerhouse again, which could be anytime. even with your info. rocky i still think bradley is a bit red raider shy.

Please be from Hixson. Lets see Region 4 is going to look like the Molehill Open Hixson just dominated, and Bradley is scared. Pondering.......Oh yea, and I heard on the Red Zone Hixson's for reeeeel in football this year. I guess thats why Hixson refused to shake Red Banks hands after we handed you your candy !#$. At least we shake hands when were handed ours, mine even asks if he can have another. Good Kid that one.

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826344018[/snapback]

Please be from Hixson. Lets see Region 4 is going to look like the Molehill Open Hixson just dominated, and Bradley is scared. Pondering.......Oh yea, and I heard on the Red Zone Hixson's for reeeeel in football this year. I guess thats why Hixson refused to shake Red Banks hands after we handed you your candy !#$. At least we shake hands when were handed ours, mine even asks if he can have another. Good Kid that one.

hixson is going to dominate red bank in wrestling. incase you werent at your match last night you lost big. football???? i thought this was a wrestling board. i like the way you try to use your only descent male sport as your comeback on a wrestling board. we may stink at wrestling but well kill ya in football. im here to talk about wrestling, and all i have to say meeeeooowwww go wildcats.

The Big Bear may respond and then again, maybe not. SLY used to, but now he can do whatever he feels is best for his new team - Walker Valley. As for Bradley, they will compete in other sports involving d-2 school, i.e., MC and Bay, but after coach Logsdon had a couple of incidents where he feels a team or two actively recruited his developing stars, he wanted no part of these schools again. I'm not sure if Turner Jackson completely feels this way, but I know Legman/Logsdon does - probably forever.

I respect him as a person of principle, but a good principle to remember is to forget and forgive and bury the hatchet. If this is done, I feel TN wrestling becomes a notch better, and BC can save $$$$ and not have to travel as much to find top quality opponents!!

soms

PS: maybe this will bring the Brickhousechick out of his retirement. He did a wonderful job keeping things together and allowing time for a little break - not only a break for us - more me - on the board, but for a little break away from the mat for someone else

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826344046[/snapback]

The Big Bear may respond and then again, maybe not. SLY used to, but now he can do whatever he feels is best for his new team - Walker Valley. As for Bradley, they will compete in other sports involving d-2 school, i.e., MC and Bay, but after coach Logsdon had a couple of incidents where he feels a team or two actively recruited his developing stars, he wanted no part of these schools again. I'm not sure if Turner Jackson completely feels this way, but I know Legman/Logsdon does - probably forever.

I respect him as a person of principle, but a good principle to remember is to forget and forgive and bury the hatchet. If this is done, I feel TN wrestling becomes a notch better, and BC can save $$$$ and not have to travel as much to find top quality opponents!!

soms

PS: maybe this will bring the Brickhousechick out of his retirement. He did a wonderful job keeping things together and allowing time for a little break.

i agree with you soms the folks up at bradley are scared. i also agree with you in that they need to stop being little pouty babies and forget something that happened many years ago. imho i think the bradley coach is full of it when he says the baylor coaches recruited some of his studs, they have much more class than that.

QUOTE(johnnybravo12 @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826344045[/snapback]

hixson is going to dominate red bank in wrestling. incase you werent at your match last night you lost big. football???? i thought this was a wrestling board. i like the way you try to use your only descent male sport as your comeback on a wrestling board. we may stink at wrestling but well kill ya in football. im here to talk about wrestling, and all i have to say meeeeooowwww go wildcats.

Yo Johnny dont look down. I'm truly sorry for ever trying to match wits with you.

QUOTE(johnnybravo12 @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826344061[/snapback]

i agree with you soms the folks up at bradley are scared. i also agree with you in that they need to stop being little pouty babies and forget something that happened many years ago. imho i think the bradley coach is full of it when he says the baylor coaches recruited some of his studs, they have much more class than that.

They're not scared. I just said Logsdon is a man of principle and he can be stubborn considering the principle of mercy (forgiveness - then trust, but verify)), that's all. I know deep in his heart he would love the challenge. No doubt about it!!

Johnnyjokemaker,

Apparently, you are not in touch with this wrestling board as much as you've stated you were. Due to the fact that this topic has been debated vehemently for several years. Maybe you should go back and read this topic, it seems to arrive every season. Due to past instances, the Public vs. Private issues are still unsettling to many involved.

However, Bradley is not scared as evident by wrestling quality opposition every year, check the schedule(Hoover tourney, Walton, etc.)

Personally, I would like to see the match up. It would be a great event for any Wrestling fan and I'm sure all of the wrestlers would like the opportunity as well. However, as debated SEVERAL times before, we probably won't see this happen.

I respect that decision and support it 100%.