Munford 4-real or 4-rent

WestTnVols

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WestTnVols @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:30 PM) 826344263[/snapback]

What do you think? Transfers, Filmgate, Region Title, Bad Blood?

5 Months, 5 New Coaches, 4 Transfers, 50 Attitude Changes, 8 Wins, and 1 Region Title later and we still can't accept the fact that Munford no longer has its neck under the foot of the rest of West TN. Munford's the Champs, PERIOD. Don't like it? Get better coaching.

QUOTE(WestTnVols @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:30 PM) 826344263[/snapback]

What do you think? Transfers, Filmgate, Region Title, Bad Blood?

Coach Randall is an excellent football coach. He wins where ever he goes. He won a gold ball at an inner city basketball school, which is virtually impossible to accomplish. Munford will be tough as long as Coach Randall stays there.

QUOTE(texas88 @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826344290[/snapback]

Coach Randall is an excellent football coach. He wins where ever he goes. He won a gold ball at an inner city basketball school, which is virtually impossible to accomplish. Munford will be tough as long as Coach Randall stays there.

I've said the same thing on other threads! I don't care if you like his policies, whatever they are but the fact remains...He will beat you with his and he will take yours (ha,ha) and beat his with yours. On a serious note, Randle was one of the most respected coaches in Memphis during his tenure there. One fact I will point out that even when he was at Memphis Catholic, they won. In fact if you ever want to win a trivia contest ask when the last winning season Catholic had was? Answer..1988, Head Coach-Wayne Randle. That's 18 years ago! I know because my son played for him. Say what you want, but believe one thing..this guy can coach football!

QUOTE(wtnoff @ Jan 24 2007 - 06:36 PM) 826344538[/snapback]

I've said the same thing on other threads! I don't care if you like his policies, whatever they are but the fact remains...He will beat you with his and he will take yours (ha,ha) and beat his with yours. On a serious note, Randle was one of the most respected coaches in Memphis during his tenure there. One fact I will point out that even when he was at Memphis Catholic, they won. In fact if you ever want to win a trivia contest ask when the last winning season Catholic had was? Answer..1988, Head Coach-Wayne Randle. That's 18 years ago! I know because my son played for him. Say what you want, but believe one thing..this guy can coach football!

Okay, I will say what I want. He obviously is a great football coach. However, forget filmgate, he needs to watch his mouth. He cursed our ball players after the game, and, no, this isn't just kids talking. In front of two coaches, he said "We beat your f****** a****." That is what he said directly to players and coaches as he shook their hands. Quite classy. I have not brought it up before because it would be written off as sour grapes. Since that is in the past, and we went much farther in the playoffs, I will say it openly. Lots of people know it and heard it. No excuses as to why they beat us. They scored more points than we did. I just wonder why word is out everywhere that he is looking for another job. Perhaps the powers that be at Munford are not as fond of him as his defenders on Coach T, or perhaps this year's recruiting class is not as strong. Can I say he is a good coach? Yes. Do I respect or like him as a person? Hmmmm.

QUOTE(realredpride @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:35 AM) 826345089[/snapback]

Okay, I will say what I want. He obviously is a great football coach. However, forget filmgate, he needs to watch his mouth. He cursed our ball players after the game, and, no, this isn't just kids talking. In front of two coaches, he said "We beat your f****** a****." That is what he said directly to players and coaches as he shook their hands. Quite classy. I have not brought it up before because it would be written off as sour grapes. Since that is in the past, and we went much farther in the playoffs, I will say it openly. Lots of people know it and heard it. No excuses as to why they beat us. They scored more points than we did. I just wonder why word is out everywhere that he is looking for another job. Perhaps the powers that be at Munford are not as fond of him as his defenders on Coach T, or perhaps this year's recruiting class is not as strong. Can I say he is a good coach? Yes. Do I respect or like him as a person? Hmmmm.

Knowing him as well as I do, that does sound like sour grapes because I don't see anyway that he would say that. Somebody made that up I'm sure. I'd have to see proof like a recording of him saying that before I believed it. As far as rumors of him leaving. One of the reasons he went to Munford was because the booster club promised him several extra thousands of $ to make it comparable to what he had at East High. Well, the boost club failed to come up with any of it. As a matter of fact the booster club there also promised the kids they'd get region champ rings, seniors would get their jerseys matted and framed, and all kinds of stuff. Heck, they haven't even been able to give the kids a banquet there. There have been a lot of broken promises made to the staff and kids. So yes I can imagine that he had been disappointed there and was looking at other options. I've heard around $20 grand worth of disappointment. What would you do? The administration at Munford very much wants him to stay. They are very appreciative of what he has done and there is a good relationship there with them and the community. I do know, as of recent, there has been a turnover of all of the leadership of the booster club. Maybe some things will be fixed and everybody can be happy. We'll see. However, you need to know more about what you type. You can't listen to heresay. That's one reason I don't get on here much more..too much drama. There's too much talk. It's easier to watch soap operas. Just play the games and leave it on the field.

QUOTE(formerCoach81 @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:20 AM) 826345250[/snapback]

Knowing him as well as I do, that does sound like sour grapes because I don't see anyway that he would say that. Somebody made that up I'm sure. I'd have to see proof like a recording of him saying that before I believed it. As far as rumors of him leaving. One of the reasons he went to Munford was because the booster club promised him several extra thousands of $ to make it comparable to what he had at East High. Well, the boost club failed to come up with any of it. As a matter of fact the booster club there also promised the kids they'd get region champ rings, seniors would get their jerseys matted and framed, and all kinds of stuff. Heck, they haven't even been able to give the kids a banquet there. There have been a lot of broken promises made to the staff and kids. So yes I can imagine that he had been disappointed there and was looking at other options. I've heard around $20 grand worth of disappointment. What would you do? The administration at Munford very much wants him to stay. They are very appreciative of what he has done and there is a good relationship there with them and the community. I do know, as of recent, there has been a turnover of all of the leadership of the booster club. Maybe some things will be fixed and everybody can be happy. We'll see. However, you need to know more about what you type. You can't listen to heresay. That's one reason I don't get on here much more..too much drama. There's too much talk. It's easier to watch soap operas. Just play the games and leave it on the field.

QUOTE(formerCoach81 @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:20 AM) 826345250[/snapback]

I don't need to know more about what I type. I know our coaches well, too, and they would not lie about it. Yes, I hated to lose to Munford as does anyone who is competitive. I hated all the losses. But if there were any sour grapes, they went away when we kept going and Munford didn't. I have said nothing about any of the other coaches we lost to. I hate the kids were misled about the rings and did not get a banquet. That isn't fair. Though I will say I have never heard of region championship rings, only state championship ones. By the way, it happened "on the field." You don't know me and do know the coach so I appreciate your loyalty to him; however, it happened.

QUOTE(the prophet @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826345291[/snapback]

Well it was said and he probably would not even deny it, especiallly if he is the MAN that you all consider him to be. I know our coaches and that is who it was directed at. Well, they did beat our ###### that night and that was that, but do not allow the wool to be pulled over your eyes.

Well, well here we go again, the correct remark to Coach Gaddis after the game was "as#****" because Gaddis did not exactly enjoy getting his pre-season state championship team beaten by the stepchild of West TN. He was completely unprofessional in displaying his displeasure and trying to avoid the handshake after the game. Several faculty members were there celebrating on the field and witnessed it all. End of discussion.

QUOTE(mslide60 @ Jan 25 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826345321[/snapback]

Well, well here we go again, the correct remark to Coach Gaddis after the game was "as#****" because Gaddis did not exactly enjoy getting his pre-season state championship team beaten by the stepchild of West TN. He was completely unprofessional in displaying his displeasure and trying to avoid the handshake after the game. Several faculty members were there celebrating on the field and witnessed it all. End of discussion.

That is correct. He said it himself.

The quote by realredprophet is this: "He cursed our ball players after the game, and, no, this isn't just kids talking. In front of two coaches, he said "We beat your f****** a****." That is what he said directly to players and coaches as he shook their hands.

So like I said. RRP you need to get your story straight. He said that to Gaddis because Gaddis tried to avoid him. He never said the F word and he never said anything to the kids. That is why I said that I'd need a recording of that to believe it because I knew what happened. I know because I went to that game and I was there at that moment. I went out on the field and was standing right next to him at that particular place at that particular time when he said that to Gaddis. If you look at the tape, I was the only one with a red hat on with Nike spelled across the front. All of the Munford coaches have a big M on theirs.

One more thing before I drop it. Have you looked at film? Gaddis walks straight to coach. No faculty members or fans were around yet. How could they have gotten there so quickly any way? Films don't lie. Check it out. Besides, it was said in front of two assistant coaches, not Gaddis. Did not know your coach had called Gaddis an A******. Thanks for sharing that. That sounds as professional as not swapping film or even returning phone calls to explain why you don't. Congratulations on your 2006 region championship, Munford!

QUOTE(mslide60 @ Jan 25 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826345321[/snapback]

Both of you PLEASE keep up this foolishness...JCM will run away with the region while HC and Munford argue about something that does not even matter! The YANKER has a great idea...have your banquet and presentation of your "Regional Rings" on the day of the JCM-Munford game!!!! That distraction will help JCM win a big region game and you can finally have your banquet and get your promised rings. The YANKER does hope that JCM has an open date on the night HC and Munford meet again...if so, the YANKER will be there!!!!!