DYER COUNTY

JO10

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redbirdfan @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:50 AM) 826345201[/snapback]

Since Blake starting playing with the team after the Christmas break they are a much improved ballclub.. Tops in 13AA and will make some noise in the Region 7AA tourney.. Maybe to the regional semifinals with a sub-state berth at stake..

That is true about Justin Blake, and what makes it even better is one of there other best players, CJ Crittendon is only a sophomore. They are going to be good for the next three or four years for sure i think. I believe they will win the District Tournament, and do very well in the Region as well. I agree with you redbirdfan.

QUOTE(redbirdfan @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:59 AM) 826345213[/snapback]

The Choctaws play an in your face full court defense and put a lot of pressure on the ball. With overall team speed and depth coming off the bench, DC may have enough to make a run

They do have very good defense. They almost lost it against Milan the other night though. That was a close game, but they pulled through. Milan couldn't even get the ball in-bounds a couple times because they would have to call time-out to avoid a five second call. Their big guy under the goal hurt DC a little, but Blake came through with some down town three's, and ended up winning the game by about nine i think. (not sure) It will probably come down to DC and Westview in the end. That will be another exciting game to see just like the last one!!

QUOTE(Jimmy-just-doesn't-miss @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826345248[/snapback]

Dyer County will be a force to be reckoned with for this year and the future years. As long as Coach McCord stays around, good things will happen for that program.

Coach McCord is a great coach. I really like what he has done with that program. He has turned a lot of those kids attitudes around. They are much more respectful to their coaches and teammates than before he came. DC's future looks very bright.

QUOTE(Jimmy-just-doesn't-miss @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:45 AM) 826345290[/snapback]

I agree! Coach turned around a program the same way in Missouri at Scott City and had a lot of success there. It would be in Dyer County's best interest to hang onto him.

Yeah, i don't know much about him when he was in Missouri, but i do like what i see and know now. He is a very nice guy as well. I am excited to watch DC for the upcoming years. Even their freshman and JV team looks good. haha.

I've seen the Choctaws play a few games this year where they looked like a team that could possibly make it to substate or maybe even Murfreesboro. If they can get a game going at their fast pace, they are very hard to handle. With the way their defense can cause turnovers, they can go on a 10 - 15 pt run in no time. Coach McCord is a great coach and all the players are truly great friends and they all get along. It should be exciting to see what happens come tournament time.

QUOTE(Jimmy-just-doesn't-miss @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:45 AM) 826345290[/snapback]

I agree! Coach turned around a program the same way in Missouri at Scott City and had a lot of success there. It would be in Dyer County's best interest to hang onto him.

Come on guys..I hope you don't think he came in and turned the program around..Just because Dyer Co had only won about 3 games the past couple seasons...We could coach this group to wins..He's just letting them run..I like the speed they all have and the way they run the floor..Now..another coach may have come in and want to run set plays wheras he let's them run..But if a coach did that..they would have to be an idiot with this group..We knew C.J was going to be good when he started for the middle school in the 5th grade..With Justin Blake,Taylor and the other transfers..that's why they're winning..Had they not came..Dyer Co would have still been a good team with C.J.,Alexander and Ledbetter....Just not the team they have now..in the top echelon..Coach Brown of Dyersburg could really be the coach that turned Dyer Co around.!Not saying Coach McCord isn't a good coach..but he didn't turn the program around!