2007 PREDICTIONS

LEONARDSLOSERS

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Feb 13 2007 - 05:21 PM) 826370545[/snapback]

If some of you cheap people would pay the $12 we could continue this fun conversation. Even those that I don't agree with. I do enjoy the debate and fact finding with you. We can continue this thread if you would pay the $12 and come back.

Your Friend & Enemy

LeanoardsLosers

Hey, looks like there is some things 1A can compete with 2A and 3A on.Cheap O's.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Feb 13 2007 - 06:21 PM) 826370545[/snapback]If some of you cheap people would pay the $12 we could continue this fun conversation. Even those that I don't agree with. I do enjoy the debate and fact finding with you. We can continue this thread if you would pay the $12 and come back.

Your Friend & Enemy

LeanoardsLosers

Hey Leonard.

Like my shiney new "Plus Member" designation? I had to convince the powers that be (wife) that it would be a good investment, and result in an improved quality of life; for her. The more I type, the less I speak. So where were we? Ah. Stone Memorial. Talked to some folks who saw their basketball team play against AC (I think) last week @ Kingston. I was told that they had some ok to good athletes; but were very disciplined/well coached. I saw where they play AE @ AE this Sat. Might go watch. I also saw where Catholic is @ Fulton. Much as I would like to see Stone in person, I think the Fulton/Catholic game will be better.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Feb 15 2007 - 06:12 PM) 826373404[/snapback]Maybe everyone should go on over to unapproved website.com to keep these discussions alive. It has been a great little tool during recruiting times.

Leonard.

It is a good site. Much better than Tenpoorsports. But there you go; you really can't compare Rivals and Scout anymore. Rivals is faster with the info, better presentation, linked up w/Nike and the combines, text alerts, better video, etc, etc. The only leg up that Scout really has is the AA game, but with more of those coming on, that won't last. I have really enjoyed the "Rising Stars" segments. One question? Where are all the lineman? I saw Douglas in one, and Poe (Memphis) & Bailey (Nashville) had features. Maybe I missed them. There are some good ones in the area, but I don't know how all that works.

Sorry I've been away for a couple of days. Also had to re-sign-up for CoachT.

The team that unapproved website has assembled seems to be a good one. The do many of the VOD games for football and basketball. They are trying to get a weekly High School football talk show on TV as well. Sort of like the Inside Perspective years ago with Jerome Taylor. Sure miss that guy.

They also did a flag league last year, and hoping for a good combine to build in the next year or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have means to believe that 1-3A could be a force to be reckoned with in 07. Here are my play off teams/explanations.

1. Obviously I feel that Carter will hold the 1 seed, they are just dominate in every way and seem to have a great program. I find Heath Woods to be a talent genius. Every time they graduate an all district player they seem to replace them awfully quickly. No doubt they will win district and, they might suffer 1 loss this time around though.

2. After game 6 Vs. Carter Seymour won their last 4 against Pigeon Forge, Union, Claiborne, and Gibbs by a margin of 159 to 22. That’s scary. They graduate 17 on their 75 man roster. If any one can get Carter this season I say these guys will be the ones to do it. This is a big physical type of team, on both side of the ball.

3. Rutledge started the first part of the season strong at 3-2, however fell apart only recording only one more win, failing to make the playoffs. This D was stout, only allowing opponents to have a little over 1,200 yards. They graduate their stud linebacker but bring back 15 Seniors. Their only fault may be ability to score big against big teams. However this program is on the turnaround, they hold a lot of skilled talent.

4. Each year there seems to be a program to surprise you. The most recent in 1-3A I’d say was Claiborne and their big turn around. This is mine for 07. Union County. Not your likely heros but they were young and beat up in 06. Believe it or not they have 7 Juniors that will be returners. 3 of which have lettered twice, so they know a thing or two about high school football. They also have a Sophomore QB who lettered. This is the type of program that will straight hit you in the mouth the entire game, but now they seem to be breading some athletes as well, that could be a dangerous blend. Their week points have been special teams and first quarter, however, if they can correct these parts they can turn a lot of heads this season.

In the Dust for 07-

5.Gibbs- 26 Juniors and Seniors with plenty of experience, however they don’t seem to have that jaw dropping talent.

6. Pigeon Forge- Look for their talent to rise and take over.

7.Claiborne- They lose all weapons. Look for some youth to play for reconstruction.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Feb 2 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826355640[/snapback]I know that Fulton, Catholic, and AE have, but as for the rest I would not say that they have completely dominated. Sure Scott Co. has 1 win against Carter, and 5 wins against Gibbs. The AC domination came back about the time that Scott Co had its only winning season. I would not consider either one of those teams a team that dominates. Kingston back in the late 90's and early 2001 time was pretty good, but since they have not been a very dominant team. Livingston Academy played only Carter the first round two years ago and won in the last minute, to go on and win a state championship. Scott Co., Anderson Co., Livingston Academy, and Kingston, are not really teams that have dominated teams from 1-3A except for Gibbs (Scott Co.) . Although many and myself has stated that region 2-3A is much better at the top than 1-3A, I did not consider Anderson Co., Scott Co., Livingston Academy, and Kingston to be dominant teams. I do think that if if you moved Anderson Co., Scott Co. Livingston Academy, and Kingston over to region 1-3A then they might be a win or two better at the most. Carter and Seymour would IMO win against those 4 teams more. Do I think that Carter and Seymour could compete in region 2-3A yes, but not on the top two spots though. I do think that they could play with Catholic, and AE, but as we saw this year again Fulton is way much better than anyone in the region. As for Catholic beating them first game, if Freeney, and two others had been there it would not have happened IMO.

I understand what you are saying LL and to a point I agree there is probably not that big of difference between AC and Kingston and Carter, but one I would like to point out is that you mention that these teams (AC and Kingston) were more dominant in the past, the Gibbs, Carters and whoever else in that region were never dominant, for instance take a look at the Gibbs team, they made the playoffs with a 3-7 record, meaning their 3 wins had to come in their region. I may be wrong but Carter who has dominated region 1-3A would probably be fighting for a playoff spot with Kingston and AC and more years than not would probably be left out. In my opinion, you are comparing the SEC and the WAC, in one game who knows what may happen but from game to game in Region 2-3A the toll of playing Catholic, Fulton, AE, AC and Kingston will get you.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Feb 8 2007 - 01:26 PM) 826363662[/snapback]Old Highlander.

Are you saying that Scott will be the most experienced team in 2-3A, or are you saying that this Scott team will be the most experienced team they have had in some time?

I don't think it matters if they are the most experienced team in the region or the most experienced team they have had, being experienced without good talent simply equals mediocrity another 4-6 season if that, I give them a little credit though they have got a little better but they talk way out of their head like claiming they will make the playoffs or compete for a state title

Perception- One thing I have to say is I have heard so many fans and supporters of the following teams try and put themselves in the same category as Fulton and Catholic, and sometimes AE. The teams from the region 2-3A all think that they are Fulton and Catholic. Just because you play them don't make you a part of them. The following teams are not in Fulton or Catholics league as far as ability. AC, Kingston, Scott Co., Livingston A., nor Stone Memorial. Just because you play in a tougher league does not make you better than everyone else. We all have our opinions, and we are never gonna agree. I would not put Gibbs in the same category as Carter and Seymour. I would not even put them in a category with most teams from 2-3A. Do I think that Region 2-3A is stronger than 1-3A yes much stronger, but do I think that all the teams would beat teams from 1-3A no. If you take Fulton and Catholic out of the league and had the rest as 1 then this is how I see it.

Carter/AE-- We will find out this year.

Seymour/Kingston

AC/Livingston A/ Pigeon Forge but not last year

Rutledge/Scott Co./Claiborne Co.

Stone/ Gibbs/Union Co