Cascade @ Unionville

Treyvols99

QUOTE(THA_MAN @ Jan 28 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826349883[/snapback]

REALLY, Does any of this suprise anybody. Both teams have had good players. But I have never been able to see the results of either coach. One is better because He has pick up a few kids that would never be able to play at Shelbyville. Yes the refs were bad , but 2 of them are always bad. The programs have great kids. JUST NO LEADERSHIP. Rick Insell never had this problem. Kevin never has this problem.And there is a good reason. (Its called controling your on players.) I,m even hearing that one of the coaches are trying to leave a go work for the other. Good Luck to all the players. Its really not your fault that your coaches have not tought you SELF-CONTROL. But this does not suprise me, with this happening to these two schools.

Leave Shelbyville Central and their caoches out of this drama.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tigertim2 @ Jan 29 2007 - 09:59 AM) 826350078[/snapback]

I think that we should refrain from pointing fingers at Individuals until the Investigation is complete and punishment handed out. Do not drag the Shelbyville Coaches into the Disgrace that happened in Unionville as I believe they were both leading their teams to wins the same night. For you to state that they lead by Intimidation makes me laugh. It also makes me think that you have never been involved in half way decent level of Sports.

First of all, your correct. There should be no finger pointing until the tapes are reviewed and punishment is dispersed. Second, I was not the one that brought Shelbvyville's coaches into this discussion. Don't expect me or anyone else to sit by and let someone put down our coaches or school and let it pass. For someone to make the statement that our schools only have players that can't play at Shelbyville is a slam againt our coaches, players and parents. Have you ever thought that our children go to Cascade and Unionville by choice not by force. It was told me before I sent my children to Cascade that there are city problems and country probems..... give me country problems anyday. And dont assume how much I am involved in sports!

QUOTE(onewaytoplay @ Jan 29 2007 - 01:37 AM) 826349937[/snapback]

What's going to happen to the players, coaches, adults, and schools involved?

Does anyone know how the TSSAA has handled this in the past?

Most of the time the schools involved are penalized from getting to play in post season tournaments 1-2 years, according on the severity of the fighting and who was involved. I'm sure the minimum will be all players involved will not be allowed to play the rest of the year would be my guess. But I expect the two schools to watch the tournaments at least this year.

Well, I guess I'll chime in after a long absence. I said that the season ended for the Vikings after the 2nd Mt. Juliette game (3rd game of the season) and that the team was imploding. The frustration level has been awful since that game I am a little suprised it took this long. The team captain was suspended from the team a few weeks ago, another player has been suspended for a few weeks. More are on the block. How dare they expect the best players to play!

As a Viking fan it pains me to say this, but the problem this night started with our boys. You could see this brawl comming from the second quarter: some kids at Community who have no business playing more than few minutes in a varsity game were starting and getting the court time once again; this time Cascade took it to them in their agressive, physical style and the overmatched kids started pulling jerseys, pushing, hand fouls, anything to look like they could compete. After all, they know that better players are sitting watching them. The refs did call alot of these fouls, but not the ones away from the ball or that did not affect the result. As it turns out, a mistake on their part, but then they did not know the underlying tension of the Viking boys; I think they just wanted to get the debacle over with.

It was a sad situation long befor the brawl and it just got a liitle sadder. Shame on the Community Adminstration. Injustice breeds rebellion.

I am surprised that no one is addressing the true origination of the fight. The "N" word was used on the court toward the Cascade player he was defending. That is unacceptable. And, for the dad to come on to the court, and try to punch, and actually connect to at least 2 Cascade players, is legally and morally wrong. This man had no business being on the court, especially since his kid is the one who started it with inappropriate language. I have heard that the kid called the black Cascade player and apologized and the parents of the two met today to talk. The Cascade dad is a bigger man that I would be to accept and forgive. Personally, the Unionville dad would be paying for my kids' college after what he did Friday night. God knows the man can afford it. Anyway, hope the kids don't get suspended for too long, but I am proud for the team sticking together, and watching out for one another. And despite what anybody says, Coach Pope is a good man, and a good coach.

QUOTE(refuge @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:33 PM) 826350777[/snapback]

Well, I guess I'll chime in after a long absence. I said that the season ended for the Vikings after the 2nd Mt. Juliette game (3rd game of the season) and that the team was imploding. The frustration level has been awful since that game I am a little suprised it took this long. The team captain was suspended from the team a few weeks ago, another player has been suspended for a few weeks. More are on the block. How dare they expect the best players to play!

As a Viking fan it pains me to say this, but the problem this night started with our boys. You could see this brawl comming from the second quarter: some kids at Community who have no business playing more than few minutes in a varsity game were starting and getting the court time once again; this time Cascade took it to them in their agressive, physical style and the overmatched kids started pulling jerseys, pushing, hand fouls, anything to look like they could compete. After all, they know that better players are sitting watching them. The refs did call alot of these fouls, but not the ones away from the ball or that did not affect the result. As it turns out, a mistake on their part, but then they did not know the underlying tension of the Viking boys; I think they just wanted to get the debacle over with.

It was a sad situation long befor the brawl and it just got a liitle sadder. Shame on the Community Adminstration. Injustice breeds rebellion.

I totally disagree with this post and I am sorry that Coacht has not locked this thread. The suspension of one child is within the team and the other you are speaking failed his classes is that the coaches fault?

QUOTE(Roscoe P @ Jan 29 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826351052[/snapback]

I am surprised that no one is addressing the true origination of the fight. The "N" word was used on the court toward the Cascade player he was defending. That is unacceptable. And, for the dad to come on to the court, and try to punch, and actually connect to at least 2 Cascade players, is legally and morally wrong. This man had no business being on the court, especially since his kid is the one who started it with inappropriate language. I have heard that the kid called the black Cascade player and apologized and the parents of the two met today to talk. The Cascade dad is a bigger man that I would be to accept and forgive. Personally, the Unionville dad would be paying for my kids' college after what he did Friday night. God knows the man can afford it. Anyway, hope the kids don't get suspended for too long, but I am proud for the team sticking together, and watching out for one another. And despite what anybody says, Coach Pope is a good man, and a good coach.

The "N" word was not used and the parent never hit a player both of these alllegations are FALSE. The incident is over both teams have been handed down thier punishment lets all get on with the year. Go Vikings and good luck Cascade

QUOTE(Unionvegas @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826351171[/snapback]

The "N" word was not used and the parent never hit a player both of these alllegations are FALSE. The incident is over both teams have been handed down thier punishment lets all get on with the year. Go Vikings and good luck Cascade

Both teams have been handed down their punishment?